Omega Team Campaign Logs

Edsel

Tomorrow I will elaborate on the House battle and tell everyone how Hell Razor made me his woman two adventures in a row. It is hard to be proud when you are beaten silly (nearly killed) in a bathroom stall and used as a Human Shield.

Then guess who gets to fight Hell Razor at Retros Mansion.....yep, that would be me. Luckily I only had to hold him off until help arrived in Phase 12 of round one. That was one long round.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Edsel

Cool! That should help. I still have many of the old character sheets, and a bunch of other data that I may post at some point in the future.

Bye the way...

If anybody has any comments, questions or feedback, feel free to post it. I'll try to address any questions. The original documents are in Word and there are quite a few footnotes. Since I am using cut and paste to post this, most of those are lost or I turn them into parenthetical form.

Does anybody have a better method for posting this stuff from Word? I currently have to cut and paste and then go through and format it manually before I post it. I've tried to save it in HTML format but that didn't work any better. I could simply make them file attachments but posting them individually like this, I feel, ensures the largest reading audience.

Great stuff so far. As far as getting it out of word, try C&Ping into Note Pad and then directly into the msg post window. Will scotch the Word formatting.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Makes me want to play Dark Champions or Demon Hunter FBI again :(

Dark Champions is a WILDCARD for me, NORMALLY, .I much prefer Fantasy , which I got my start in a home brew fantasy world created by Brian G. Based on JRRT's world. A very complex system to learn, but always worth the effort.:cool:

This OMEGA TEAM campaign was, what I thought; an anomoly, but now I would prefer to play in this setting!:D

Part 9, 2nd Story Arc

Team Omega Campaign History

2nd Story Arc

August 25, 1995

A massacre occurs at the Bayview Halfway home in the early morning hours. 15 people are slain, 13 teenage boys and 2 adult councilors. The 12 teenage girls who were staying at the house are missing. That day the administrator of the facility, Mrs. Karyn Atilla, contacts Bill Johnson to find out what happened. Dr. Thomas James (a.k.a. Hippocrates) begins his own investigation. Using his contacts, he manages to assist in the corner’s inquest. He is able to examine some of the bodies and gain access to the crime scene. It is at the Bayview house that he encounters Bill Johnson (a.k.a. Hawk). Dr. James and Mr. Johnson are acquaintances and they soon agree to pool their resources in the investigation.

Karyn Atilla (a.k.a. Atilla the Nun) had indicated to Mr. Johnson that a street punk known, as ‘Shark’ is likely to know something about what happened. Over the last few years Shark has been known to pick up runaway girls who later mysteriously vanish. Since Atilla the Nun has opened the Bayview Halfway home she has been in a constant struggle with Shark over the fate of runaway girls in the city. Hippocrates and Hawk resolve to pick up Sammy ‘Shark’ Simone for questioning.

Using the Omega Van, disguised as a city water utility vehicle, they soon locate Shark at a bus station and take him by surprise. Interrogation with penethol at Omega HQ proves disappointing and they soon dump him in front of a police precinct.

Later it will be realized that Shark is actually involved. A poor choice of questions failed to get any useful information from him.

Hippocrates earlier examinations of the bodies, and the evidence at the crime scene, indicate that the killer(s) were either a group of unknown animals or strong men with exotic weaponry. The victims were shredded with, large four-clawed hands. Either a previously unknown martial art weapon was used on some sort of monsters were responsible for the massacre. The Bayview house reeks with a bad fish-like smell. In the pantry of the house it is apparent that something burst the door outward, something that came from the basement.

Dr. James and Mr. Johnson were able to find an ancient entrance to the old, abandoned, sewer system in the basement of the house. They then decided to arm themselves and descend into the sewers to find out what evil may lurk there.

In brief, they discover a colony of hideous fish-men that have abducted the girls for use as breeding stock. They manage to save the girls, kill all the fish-men, and get away with only, routinely, serious injuries. They also uncover a labyrinth of tunnels and deserted sewer passages that lead under Stewart Bay and out to the Gull Island lighthouse. They also discover that the fish-men have an enormous golden altar that they intend to retrieve later. They also have taken samples of fish-man slime, a burst incubation pod and a dead fish-man infant.

a whole lot for the police to discover here. They were never aware of the existence of the fish-men, let alone their demise. The rescued girls are agreeable to the idea that telling the police what really happened would most likely get them sent to the funny farm. The girls agree to a story of mad cultists and a daring rescue by the Omega Team. The police will get misleading information about the Omega Team at best, as long as all the girls stick to the story.

GM Note: Kind of an anti-climatic and dry narrative here. When I originally wrote this log, the purpose was simply to remind everybody, me included, of what had transpired during the last gaming secession. As a result I did not attempt to write in a dramatic style. I made the notes as brief and to the point as possible. In this case the only relevant facts, as far as the game was concerned, is what the results were, not how they were accomplished.

August 29, 1995

After allowing themselves three days to recover, Hippocrates and Hawk get the remainder of the Omega Team to help them in recovering the golden alter of the fish-men. It is worth over $8 million and they cut it up to make a pile of 1oz. gold ingots for various uses. (Total of 20,064 ingots, 1 troy oz. Each, this campaign assumes gold to be worth $400 an oz., (at the time that was about right)). 2,500 of the ingots are used to anonymously build the Bayview Halfway house a one million-dollar facility (The Omega Team now has 17,564 ingots in their vault at HQ). Realizing that Shark was probably involved with the fish-men they make plans to get him bailed out of jail so they can have another crack at making him talk.

They anonymously pay off a bondsman to bail him out and then capture him for interrogation. Shark tells them of some contacts he has at an old warehouse. They are drug dealers of a voodoo posse who dabble in the occult. They are the ones who introduced him to the fish-men so he could start supplying them with girls. The members of Omega Team are truly sickened by the depths of Sharks depravity. For selling out his own kind (humans) to the fish-men, Shark becomes only the second prisoner of the Omega Team to be executed. The body is incinerated.

Shark is never heard from again. A warrant is issued for him when he fails to make his court date. He is still listed as a fugitive from justice.

GM Note: The Fish-men were, essentially, deep-ones from the Cthulhu Mythos, with a little bit of the Humanoids from the Deep thrown in.

August 30

Scouting out the warehouse, the Omega team finds that it is located in an area of, mostly abandoned, old brick buildings. The warehouse looks as dilapidated as the surrounding buildings at first glance. Returning, in disguise, for a closer look shows that the building is actually well fortified with steel doors and concealed video sensors. (They disguise the van, and themselves, as a crime scene clean up service.) Much graffiti covers the outside of the buildings in the neighborhood; the warehouse is no exception. However, intermingled with the graffiti on the warehouse are several obscure occult symbols. While the team is able to identify them as occult their meaning is beyond the knowledge of the team members. They take some quick, covert, photos of the signs in question and retire to try and find some answers.

Consulting with various sources they discover that the symbols they have seen are often associated with a group known as the Red Cabal. Dancer knows that the Red Cabal is somehow tied in with the mysterious Tarot (Whom she has a history with). She is eager to raid the warehouse and find out what it holds. Fortunately, for her, the rest of the Omega team is more than willing to take out the building as well. The warehouse’s ties with the Cabal are more ominous since these are apparently the people who fixed up Shark with the Fish-men. Research by the team also allows them to get a copy of a police report about the Cabal. Hudson City police Lt. Theron Long, who disappeared shortly thereafter, filed the report.

It is decided that a raid in daylight is the best approach. After the experiences of Hippocrates and Hawk with the Fish-men, it is felt that a nighttime assault might be more dangerous. The assault is scheduled for the 5 o’clock rush hour. Since the warehouse is in a low traffic area the team hopes to move in easily, while the response of the HCPD will be slowed by the traffic of the rest of the city.

The raid gets off to a poor start with the team making some amateur mistakes. A 40mm HEDP grenade is fired at one of the garage doors from so short a range that it fails to arm. Two Fragmentation and Two Concussion hand grenades are then lobbed from such close range that two of the team members are stunned and the “throw away†vehicle they are using is rendered undrivable. (They had obtained a used crew cab pickup to use on the raid. The close proximity grenade blasts flatten two tires and cause extensive fragment damage to the right side of the truck.) Once they are inside the warehouse Hawk is killed by a kamikaze cultist with a grenade. Nightstick is injured by a bullet that penetrates his ninja suit (which is lightly armored). The cultist inside are all killed or incapacitated. They also encounter a group of people being used to process drugs (mostly cocaine and heroin) for resale. These people all seem to be in mindless trances and are uniformly pale in appearance. None of the zombies are slain and one is taken back to Omega HQ so Dr. James can try to determine what is wrong with him.

A quick grab of any relevant looking evidence results in the discovery of several pieces of mail with postmarks from LaForche Parish in Louisiana. What they are able to decipher of the fragmented and encoded materials seem to indicate that drug shipments are arriving here from somewhere near New Orleans and that the Cabal and Tarot are involved. Later it is found out that one of the zombies that was left at the scene, and found by the authorities, is none other than Lt. Theron Long, the missing HCPD police detective.

The police recover the wrecked pickup, numerous spent shell casings and spent slugs from a variety of weapons. There are no witnesses who are able to talk about what occurred. The Red Cabal cultists who are not dead are very close-mouthed and refuse to even talk about who they are, much less what happened. The zombies that were found seem to be in some sort of stupor and defy attempts to snap them out of it. The 40mm grenade that failed to arm was consumed in the explosions of other grenades. A few blood samples are collected as well but only the blood of Bill Johnson (a.k.a. Hawk) is in great enough quantity to type. Since Hawk’s body was recovered by Omega Team this is of little use. Hippocrates left an Omega Team card at the scene so the police at least know that Omega Team was involved. A large quantity of illegal drugs is also seized.

That night Andrew Hobbs (a.k.a. Specter) has an unusual nightmare. He is standing in the middle of a swamp as a headless, handless, body splashes through the green water, desperately running away. A psychotic voice echoes through the trees. “Shoot him, fool!" the voice commands, “Yes, you! He’s getting away!†Andrew turns to see the source of the laughter. It is a severed head supported by two severed hands, both resting on a log. He awakens in a cold sweat.

End of Part 9, In part 10 the Team travel to Lousiana.

GM NOTE: I chose to introduce the supernatural into the campaign because, by this point, normal street thugs presented little challenge to the more experienced characters. Where taking out a crack house was once a dicey venture, it was now childs-play to some of the team members.

Sometimes it just seemed that we could do nothing right. It actually got to be quite funny - at times. There were other times when the dice turned against us all, and stupidity ran rampant!

As Edsel stated, the log was there to remind us of our recent actions, it wasn't there as a step by step narrative.

What I wouldn't give for something like that here.

As the "saying goes...", we all have 15 minutes of fame and glory.

NightStick's is coming up. I can't wait.

I really did surprise myself with the actions of that night.

Anyway, the road getting there is really quite a trip.:D

Here is a little expansion on the 2 Hell Razor Battles and the end of Retro.

First, the battle in the club.

We waited until Hell Razor's entourage entered the bathroom and had a few of us stationed within, all mike'd up so we could talk.

When they entered, we unleashed a CS Grenade as I and Nightstick? came out of the stalls in our gas masks. Hell Razor, not one to be trifled with, surprisingly has life support.utohh. His 5 SPD 23 DEX with a boatload of MA and CSL makes short work of my 17 DEX, 4 SPD. He hits me with 8-9 dice and STUNs me, then he grabs one limb (my head) and removes my gas mask. I am so boned. :) I was used and thrown away like dirty toilet paper.

By this time the Remittance man and Nightstick have finished off the flunkies, but there I am punk'd and held hostage. Thankfully, he let me go. Time to go talk the Zhu Shou for some Martial Arts training. Hell Razor escapes with nary a scratch.

When we hit the house - Remittance Man, Hipprocates, Specter, Gunner (I think he was back in town for a few adventures here and there), and Dancer are all armed to the teeth.

In the Library we have total chaos and confusion. Lots of litter and obstacles. Retro was taken out fairly early on by a shotgun blast, I believe, but I do not remember who fired it. Hell Razor and I were engaged in a dance of death (this involved me saying "Dodge" about four times and Hell Razor saying.."It is a matter of time."). The Remittance man really pulled out all the stops here. That 2.5 RKA with 6 points of RP (Resistant Piercing from 3rd Edition) just cut through the hoods. He made short work of Hell Razor with an Autofire roll that got really lucky (I think he hit with 3 shots).

And that was the end of Hell Razor and Retro.

I am also going to write up Specter in HD and post him into the thread along with his history. The only bad part is that I only have the 270 point version and not the base 150 points so it will reflect his ending point not his lack luster begining.

Originally posted by Eosin

I am also going to write up Specter in HD and post him into the thread along with his history. The only bad part is that I only have the 270 point version and not the base 150 points so it will reflect his ending point not his lack luster begining.

There is a slim chance that I have a hard copy of Specter's character sheet in my old campaign folder. I'll look for it when I get home.

I know that I have two copies of Hippocrates (one with 54 exp, and the other with 99 exp.), and a single copy of several other of the characters. I have almost all of the villians and NPCs as well. Alas they are all either hard copies or done in our old Excel spreadsheet, not HD (they were done in the good old days). At the conclusion of the campaign logs I may try to post some of them in HD format.

Part 10

August 31

This day is spent analyzing the materials collected during the raid.

September 1, 1995

The team decides to head to LaForche Parish, in Louisiana, to attempt to ferret out Cabal influences that they know must be operating there. Eden Blake knows of a man named Remi Lacroix who operates around New Orleans and is very familiar with the bayou, he goes by the name Phobos. Ms. Blake contacts him and informs him that she and some friends are going to be heading his way. Phobos agrees to help however he can.

September 2-3

These days are spent on the road. The team decides to drive to allow Nightstick extra time to heal and so they will have the Omega Truck for use. The vehicle is disguised as a Southern Express truck. They spot an interesting newspaper report. It tells of the disappearance of three bodies from the morgue in the town of Galliano. The town is located in LaForche Parish. The coincidence seems too unlikely to actually be one. They arrive in New Orleans on the evening of the 3rd and are met by Remi Lacroix.

September 4

They leave New Orleans around noon and drive to Galliano. Arriving about 2 o’clock, they get rooms at the Hotel Galliano. They scout out the town and find that most people are a little touchy about the theft from the morgue. Notable exceptions are the funeral home operator (who also operates the morgue) and the secretary at the local paper, the Timbailer Times. Evidence at the morgue seems to indicate that the corpses may have left under their own power. Andrew “Specter†Hobbs is able to glean useful information form the newspaper files. Apparently bodies have been occasionally disappearing from this area since at least the 1850’s. Local folklore tells of a person (or thing) known at Timbailer Tommy. The creature is said to live off in the Bayou. Timbailer Tommy is supposed to occasionally take the bodies of the deceased to raise as undead for his own purposes. Phobos discovers some signs of voodoo activity (rock etchings, carvings in tree trunks, etc.) around the outskirts of the town that seem to be more numerous toward the east. The thickest part of the Bayou lies in that direction.

Phobos knows of an old lady who lives in the Bayou around here. She is known as Mama Regina, and is a voodoo practitioner/witch of some repute. Remi suggests that they should go and visit her to see what she can tell them. The group sets off for Mama Regina’s late that afternoon, Remi explains that she is not home during the day, “she’ll be off in the bayou collecting things till near dark.â€

The trip through the Bayou is sticky and hot. The darkness of the overhead canopy and the chirps of unseen animal life make the whole area feel repressive. The whole group feels as if they are being watched.

It is near sunset when the group arrives at a ramshackle wooden hut hidden deep in the swamp. Mama Regina acts as if she was expecting them. She tells them of Timbailer Tommy and how to destroy him. “You got to get his body, his head, his hands and his feet all together. Then burn them till there’s nothing left but ashes. Be careful Tommy is tricky.†She also attempts to interpret Andrews’s earlier dream by saying, “Tommy can be very deceptive. Tommy can take on the form of a large fly but normally appears as a headless, handless, footless corpse.â€

They head back to Galliano, in the dark, and resolve to set out in search of Timbailer Tommy tomorrow. Despite the darkness Remi proves to be adept enough to lead them back to the town without any mishaps. They arrive in Galliano at about 10:30 PM that night.

September 5

Knowing only the approximate location of Timbailer Tommy’s place the team sets out by 9:00 a.m. to begin their search. The swamp is hot and wet and miserable. Mosquitoes are everywhere and the poling of the raft is exhausting work. It is nearly dark before Phobos believes that they have found the beginning of Timbailer Tommy’s domain. They decide to camp overnight before continuing. Andrew begins to have the feeling that something is watching them. Specter begins to survey the surroundings and finally spots a large fly perched on a branch about 20 feet away, watching them. When he confides in his comrades they begin to shine IR spotlights about looking for the fly in the darkness. The fly, and the feeling of being watched, soon leaves.

September 6

The next day they proceed into the domain of Timbailer Tommy. About noon the raft bumps against something submerged in the swamp. The gruesome, bloated corpse of a man floats to the surface just ahead of and to the right of the raft. Specter quickly draws his Colt Anaconda and puts a .44 magnum bullet through the skull of the body (which make it even more gruesome). As most of the party is distracted, looking at the body, a swarm of severed hands begin to rise out of the swamp and tug at the raft. All the team members swing on to nearby trees after grabbing as much of their gear as they can. Several of them fire weapons at the hands or try to beat them back with knives, but it is to no avail. The pale, discolored hands pull the raft and the remaining gear, to the bottom of the bog. The sense that somebody or something is watching them prevails as the raft is destroyed. As soon as the damage is done the hands, and the sense of foreboding, fade away.

The group continues on through the swamp, either on foot or by swinging from tree to tree (several of them carry swing-lines). Eventually, just as dusk begins to fall, they spot a derelict house. It blends in well with its surrounding and is half-covered in moss, the grey wood hardly retains any of the paint. It’s anyone’s guess how long this rotting husk has been here. A few tatters of rotted curtains hang forlornly in the windowless frames. The home of Timbailer Tommy has been found. The tired, wet and unnerved group cautiously approach as an alligator, which was perched on the porch, slaps into the mossy water and swims away. Just as the first of them climbs onto the porch, a dead man walks out of the door with a water moccasin draped around him.

Soon the team is involved in a life and death battle with eight decaying fugitives from the grave. Seven of the zombies stay to battle the party while the last one, who is missing its head and hands, tries to flee through the swamp. Numerous gunshots pursue the corpse into the Bayou and it collapses and sinks under the surface. The team defeats the rest of the zombies. None of them are eager to wade into the water after the headless corpse and so they proceed into the house. Within the house another battle with a group of six more zombies occurs. In one room of the house they find a pile of severed heads and hands. In another room is a pile of putrid bodies. Finally another body of that matches the description of Timbalier Tommy is identified. A burlap bag containing a head, hands and feet are located. When the bag is brought to the body it leaps up to attack (as best it can) but the team restrain it and set fire to the lot. As the team wipes dead flesh and other slimy material from their hands the remains shrivel and wither away in the flame.

After destroying what they hope was truly Timbalier Tommy the team decides to head back for Galliano. They note that the whole swamp now seems to have a more natural and wholesome feel (as least as much so a swamp can). They travel some distance away from the old house and find a marginal area to rest overnight before heading back.

Since the team’s activities in the swamp were covert and since the Cabal members who attacked them were also avoiding attention there is very little chance that the local authorities will ever know that anything happened out there.

September 7

The team spends the day slogging through the swamp.

When they are about two miles short of the town a group of men armed with assault rifles and grenades ambush them. The attackers are equipped with Kevlar vests and are wearing the red and yellow pentacle of the Red Cabal. The Cabal was ready for the Omega Team and their rifles are loaded with AP-KTW rounds. Initially the fight goes very badly for the Omega Team; Hippocrates, Specter and Dancer are all seriously wounded. Hippocrates is shot badly in the chest (disabled and can’t recover). Specter, barely able to crawl, finds that it is all he can do to keep Dancer (who is incapacitated) from drowning in the swamp. Unfortunately for the Cabal the one person they fail to drop is Nightstick. Fortunately, for the Omega Team, Nightstick’s An Chi training is ideal for the swamp. While the rest of the group is pinned down, the Forest Demon fades into the shadows and, one by one, eviscerates the ambushers. The cultists are powerless to stop the unseen predator. None of them ever see the man who kills them, nor are they aware of each of their comrade’s demise.

Phobos and Nightstick are able to obtain aid from Mama Regina (fortunately they are fairly near her house). They take the critically injured team members to her shack where she performs voodoo magic to heal the wounds of Hippocrates that should probably have been mortal. Phobos decides to head to town to scout it out and says he’ll be back before dawn.

September 8

By the next morning many of the badly injured team members are making miraculous recoveries. Hippocrates remains unconscious. Even with the (apparently supernatural) aid of Mama Regina it will take him another day to recover enough to be effective.

That evening Nightstick heads into town to discover what has become of Phobos. He finds out that the Omega Truck is missing and there is no sign of Phobos anywhere. The Forest Demon glides through the town like a shadow, even animals are unaware of his passage. He stalks the town until an inebriated elderly man who is sitting out behind the grocery store drinking shine spots him (If you don’t know what moonshine is you’ve led a very sheltered life). He pays little heed to the old man and hopes that the drunk will forget what he sees. Fortunately the black cowl of Nightstick’s costume hides the glowing red of his face. Nightstick creeps back to Mama Regina’s to report what he as learned.

September 9

The team is now almost completely healed and decides to head back into Galliano. They have lost some of their weaponry, but were able to gather some of the weapons that their ambushers had used. They approach the town cautiously. They quickly obtain some sacks and a Styrofoam ice chest from the grocery store in which to conceal their weapons. They next purchase some clothing to wear over, or instead of, their combat gear. Much of their non-essential items were lost in the swamp when the raft was sunk on September 6th.

In talking with townspeople they are surprised to discover that everyone remembers the team-leaving town, in their truck, several days ago. The desk clerk/owner of the Gilliano Hotel is surprised to see them back so soon. When they inquire about Phobos they find that it was believed that he left with them, but that old Ben, the town drunk, claims to have seen Phobos snooping around the night of the seventh. Old Ben is the same man that Nightstick encountered the previous night.

They resolve that someone must go and talk to old Ben. Nightstick is selected since he has, at least, seen him before. After asking around they find that Miss Rosemary makes the best shine around, she lives just north of town. Nightstick goes and talks with Miss Rosemary and gets a jar of shine with which to entice Old Ben. Rosemary mentions seeing the Omega Truck several days ago when, “them other visitors left town a few days ago.†(Miss Rosemary had never met the team members and so has no idea that Joe Dishwasher is one of them. She merely thinks he is another fisherman who happens to know the previous visitors.) It struck her as odd because the Truck took the west turnoff to the deserted town of Katen Creek, and never returned.

Joe next goes to talk with Old Ben who warmly receives his gift of the bottle and talks freely. He says he saw Phobos on the night of the seventh. Phobos was searching around and went out west of town. Shortly thereafter a couple of dark shadowy shapes, “black as night and with wingsâ€, landed near the edge of the swamp and went west after him. A little later he thinks he heard screams.

While Nightstick is talking with Rosemary and Old Ben, the rest of team has checked into their old rooms at the Gilliano Hotel. They search the rooms for listening devices and find something strange. Behind a dresser Dr. Thomas James finds a ‘thing’. It resembles an insect cocoon of some sort but it is like nothing any of them have ever seen. It looks like a listening device, but it also looks as if it is, or once was, alive. Unable to determine its workings, Dr. James attempts to cut it open. The object is instantly consumed in a burst of flame that even melts the tip of the knife Hippocrates was using.

After Nightstick returns they agree that they must try to resolve what has happened to Phobos and the Omega Truck. They need to rearm themselves before they go to visit Katen Creek. Since New Orleans is only a few hours away they decide to head there and use some of Dancers old contacts to obtain the weaponry they need. (Dancer originally worked in the New Orleans area). A rental car is delivered to them, after Andrew Hobbs calls Alfred, his butler, in Hudson City to make the arrangements.

September 10

The morning of the tenth finds the Omega Team on the overgrown road to the deserted town of Katen Creek. They have resupplied themselves after spending the night in New Orleans and head from there to the ghost town soon as they awaken. It is now about 10:00 a.m.

Once they judge that they are getting close the to town they leave their vehicle, a 4-wheel drive rental, and proceed on foot.

The only residents they find are undead zombies and a pair of Nightgaunts. Nightstick narrowly avoids being carried away to his doom. After a fierce fight they manage to slay the two Nightgaunts and dispatch about a dozen zombies.

From their examination of the town they surmise that it has until recently been used to house some sort of installation. Most likely a drug distribution point for shipments the Cabal has managed to get into the US. There is a partially buried, but well kept-up, boat dock on the banks of the Atchaflaya River, and one of the buildings is in much better shape that it first appeared. They find the remains of what may have once been Phobos, but the body is too mangled for them to be sure. The Omega Truck and any Cabal presence has already been evacuated. The Omega Team decides that they have done all they can here and prepare for the return to Hudson City.

These activities will also likely avoid the attention of the authorities. It all took place out in the sticks with no know witnesses anywhere around.

End of Part 10, This ends the, short, 2nd Story Arc. Tomorrow I'll start the 3rd Story Arc with part 11.

I'm only going to try and post one part per night for a while. I have several things on the fire that are keeping me busy.

Re: Re: Part 10

Get us hooked and then make us beg for it? You are an evil, evil man. :D

If you have not figured this out yet, YES, Edsel is quite evil, and he is very good at it also! I believe that these elements are what made this campaign so enjoyable and memorable!

If I have time, I will try to post NightSticks charactor, but here again, he was done on an old Excel spreadsheet before HD was available. I don't know if he was ever drawn up on HD. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool: I wonder if doing this could revive Joe Dishwasher?:P

Just to bring everyone up to speed on the Omega Team:

Victor Wolffe, aka Uriel = KIA

Dr Thomas, aka Hiprocates - still in action barely. :)

Joe Dishwasher, aka Nightstick - still in action.

?, aka The Remittance Man - got transferred to the Pentagon.

Eden Blake, aka Dancer - still in action, barely.

Wildcard, aka Cardshark goon = KIA

Michael something, aka Gunner = still in HC.

Remy LeCrois, Phobos = KIA

Andrew Hobbs, aka Specter = Alive for the time being.

All but Eden are/were PCs.

I really need to get the Kid put in HD.

For those who just read the swamp battle....

Hiprocates was nearly dead and in fact we had a debate about if he did or did not die from blood loss. Imapred Chest, I think he took 10+ body through.

Dancer is also nearly dead with an incompasiting shot to the head. She took 5 or 6 through that doubled to a really, really nasty wound.

Specter took 4 through to the vitals which doubled to 8 and impared him. No REC for me but I was still up. Until I stabbed the basta...fella coming over to cut mine and Dancers throats.

If you recall the An Chi ninja needed time to heal on the way down to the bayou so we drove the "City Water Truck" down. I don't think he was at full health either.

It could be worse....I am running a d20 game for the group and I am so into FH right now that it is painful to play d20.

We were always Champs but kinda wandered away when it looked dead. Now we are all back, but the game is still stuck in d20. I think we have 2 or 3 more sessions (maybe as few as one if things go quickly).

Hopefully, I can get the FH site bustin a move....I had to deal with my Wheel of Time community stuff since the WotC contract expired. I am almost through with my total site overhaul, now I just need to put my hand written/emailed/dreamed up notes into place. Check out the new front page: Mabinogin. I tried to kinda tie all the sites together.

To make matters a little more teasing with the Dark Champions angle...Eddie has been putting togethe the new DC stuff and he has created an organization whose cool factor rivals that of DEMON. I am encouraging him to submit it for either DH or some other publication cause it is just that dang cool.

Oklahoma City and the surrounding area.

I thought it was a Trolloc? :)

Looks like a Beastman to me -- its even got the Chaos symbol on its gut plate.

Okkies huh? Do you know Bubba?

(Never mind -- inside joke from the Corps -- served w/ a guy named Hutchinson or Hutchkinson (we all called him Hutch). Nice guy, dumb as a post. Anyway, another Oklahoma person checks into the command and Hutch gets to talking to him. He says "Yer from Oklamhoma too? Hey, I bet you know Bubba."; the other guy, who was a bit brighter, says "There must be 10 thousand Bubba's in Oklahoma"; Hutch, confused, says "Come on, you know Bubba." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D)

I thought it was a Trolloc? :)

http://www.excaliburminiaturen.de/bilder/chaos/2203f.jpg

http://www.mabinogin.com/Old Web/images/Trolloc.gif

A Beastman Trolloc maybe :D

EDIT: Heres a more recent version of the same pose:

http://www.blackmoor.ca/blackmoorimages/gwbeastmnlord1.jpg

Ok, no more thread-jacking, I promise :o:D

Okkies huh? Do you know Bubba?

(Never mind -- inside joke from the Corps --

The CORPS huh,:eek: You don't mean Uncle Sams Misguided Children - per chance?:rolleyes:

Been there - Done that - back in 77.:(

Cripes, when I put it that way I even sound old to myself!:rolleyes:

Ok, no more thread-jacking, I promise

This wouldn't be the forums if there wasn't some off-kilter stuff!:rolleyes:

But seriously, :P Getting back to the threaded topic......

In response to Eosin, Joe Dishwasher had regained all of health two days prior to his day of glory.:D

God that was fun!:P

Part 11

Team Omega Campaign History

Start of the 3rd Story Arc

Winter 1995-96

After returning to Hudson City the Omega Team is able to take several months off. The organized crime situation in the city is quiet. Many of the criminal organizations in the city are still in a period of rebuilding from the aftermath of the Retro affair. Other vigilantes in the city are still active and are able to concentrate on the common street crime of the city. The Omega team only engages in periodic information gathering and minor anti-criminal activity.

Andrew Hobbs soon notices that the headaches that he has suffered from have mysteriously abated. He soon discovers that the tumor he has suffered from, that was terminal, has disappeared. Dr. Thomas James hypothesizes that Mama Regina’s healing elixir may be responsible. His near brush with death has changed Andrew in other ways as well. Many of his juvenile ways have been put aside. He no longer considers his ‘night job’ to be a game.

GM NOTE: The character Specter (Andrew Hobbs) originally had a physical limitation. He suffered from an inoperable, and terminal, brain tumor. By this point in the campaign the player (known on these forums as Eosin) was able to save enough EP to buy off the disadvantage. The mystical healing abilities of Mama Regina presented a perfect rational for this.

During the winter a new vigilante appears; he is called Mongrel and concentrates his activity, almost exclusively, on drug dealers and users. He seems, to some, to go to extremes in his war on drugs. Even street dealers and junkies are fair game in his, usually, fatal attacks. Dancer becomes increasingly concerned over the new vigilante’s zealousness.

GM NOTE: Mongrel and his activities are actually a precurser of the 4th Story Arc.

March 6, 1996

Andrew Hobbs receives a letter from one of his former college professors. Dr. Angus Gough is a former professor of Zoology at Harvard. He is now in Scotland pursuing his real interest, cryptozoology. He has been researching the ancient history of the Loch Ness Monster and now has called upon his former pupil for help. Dr. Gough’s letter indicates that he has made some startling discoveries about the lake creature but needs help to continue his quest. The tone of the letter leads Andrew to believe that his old teacher is worried or possibly fearful of what he has discovered. The exact nature of his discoveries is not enumerated in his letter.

Specter shares his letter with the rest of the Omega Team and invites them to accompany him to Glasgow to meet with Professor Gough.

The other team members are agreeable and look forward to this as an opportunity for a much-needed vacation. Since Andrew Hobbs is loath to fly they book passage on a small steamer, the Susan Gael. The vessel will depart Hudson City on March 9th and will steam directly to Glasgow to arrive on March 20th. The Susan Gael is a small, 165’ long, steamer. It has a crew of 15 and has accommodations for 12 passengers as well as several hundred tons of cargo.

March 8

During the night Dr. Thomas James has a peculiarly clear dream:

He finds himself at sea on a ship that is surrounded by fog. In the distance, far to starboard, a dark shape rises in a swirl of mist. The ship veers toward the object as if drawn by a magnet. The shape comes into focus as a huge iceberg and the ship heads on a certain collision course with doom. Frantically Dr. James looks back at the bridge, a child stands at the wheel. The child has long hooks instead of hands. As the ship crashes into the glistening mountain of ice the child laughs with unnatural mirth.

March 9

Dr. James shares his dream of the previous night with his friends. They take it as evidence that he needs the vacation that they are all about to embark upon.

Before noon they are all at the port. The Susan Gael leaves Hudson City bound for Glasgow, Scotland. On board are Andrew Hobbs and his butler Alfred, Dr. Thomas James and his lady friend Debbie Taylor (DNPC), Joe Dishwasher and Eden Blake. The other passengers are: Dr. Ramit Singhar, recently retired he is returning home to India to be with his family during his last years. The MacCowan family, a husband and wife (Rufus and Arleen) and their three children (Danny, Lilah and Theo). The commander of the Susan Gael is Captain Dace, a bluff old man of 50. Lt. Lucius Maxwell is the First Mate. The passengers are all given a complete tour of the ship.

The cargo of the Susan Gael is simple and not extensive: four antique automobiles, six breeding bulls, six cows, ten sheep, three Arabian horses and crates of machine tools such as lathes and grinders. One of the automobiles and all of the animals are listed for delivery to a Mr. Davirr Cullough, Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland.

March 10

About 2 o’clock in the afternoon a commotion starts. A terrible accident has taken the life of one of the crewmen. He has been found burned to death in the furnace of the old auxiliary, coal-fired, generator in the engine room. The Omega Team members go to the engine room and it becomes quickly apparent to them that this was no accident. The furnace door is to small for someone to have ‘accidentally’ fallen inside. Dr. James offers his services as a forensic pathologist to Captain Dace. Captain Dace has no idea what a forensic pathologist is.

Dr. James, Dr. Singhar and the ship’s Doctor, Phillipe Fanshaw, all examine the corpse. Though the body is badly burned, they conclude that the body does exhibit signs of a struggle and that the crewman was most likely alive and conscious when he was forced into the furnace. (It should be noted that Dr. Thomas James, in addition to being a skilled ER physician and surgeon, is also extremely good at forensic medicine.) After the examination the body is wrapped in sheets and placed in the ship’s meat locker.

That evening the doctors report their findings to Captain Dace who is very alarmed at the prospect of a murderer on board. Captain Dace personally knows all his crew and believes that one of the passengers is most likely the murderer. When an attempt is made to contact the authorities the radio refuses to work. Examination of the radio can find no fault. The Captain decides to continue on to Glasgow, but warns everybody to be on the lookout and urges them not to wander off alone.

March 11

At about 4 o’clock that afternoon word comes that another crewman has been found dead. He was found face down in a shower stall, drowned in 6†of water. A towel had been forced down the drain to stop it up. Investigation of the area leads Dr. James to discover scrapings of some sort of unidentifiable bone or horn that was used to stuff the towel down the drain. The body displays the signs of a struggle. The only fingerprints to be found are smooth, without texture.

(I have no idea why the team did not think to check and be sure everybody had fingerprints.)

The Captain now requires all people to move about in pairs at the least. He still suspects some of the passengers are responsible and the Omega Team members seem to be the most likely suspects. They have been seen practicing some martial arts on the deck of the ship during the day.

March 12

After a third victim is found the Captain orders all passengers to be confined to their cabins. The available weapons (2 M1 Garand rifles, 2 .45 Cal. Colt Revolvers and a Colt M1911A1 Pistol) are distributed to the crew and guards are posted.

The third victim was another crewman found hanging from a light fixture. His body also showed signs of a struggle. No explanation is given as to why the crewman was alone in contradiction of Captain Dace’s orders of the previous day. (Again none of the Omega Team catches this anomaly.)

That evening Joe Dishwasher has a dream about of a swarm of cockroaches. Unlike the previous dream that Dr. Thomas James had on the 8th, this dream is pretty vague but nonetheless frightening.

March 13

About noon a swarm of cockroaches erupts from one of the ventilation shafts near the passenger cabins. Several crewmen and the passengers are witness to the disgusting spectacle that soon subsides. The Omega Team make it a point to remember and jot down any dreams they have from this point onward.

After spending the day cooped up in his room reading, Andrew Hobbs makes a startling discovery. He has been reading a book on ancient Scottish history and finds that several of the old druid deities accepted sacrifices that were made by burning, drowning and hanging. He suspects that something doesn’t want them going to Scotland to assist Professor Gough. (Specter made a spectacular roll against one of his knowledge skills.)

That evening Joe Dishwasher has another vague dream in which he sees giant rats.

March 14

During the afternoon several rats of incredible size come out of the woodwork and attack the passengers. A few people suffer minor bites before the creatures are slain. The Omega Team members manage to defeat the rats that face them without revealing the hidden weapons they have smuggled aboard.

Hippocrates has a Force Pistol (based on the weapon from the Tekwar novels & TV series), Dancer has her Colt Mustang (.380 Automatic) and silencer aboard. Nightstick has his martial arts weapons, and he and Dancer have several throwing stars. Some utility belt gadgets and some light body armor round out the equipment the characters have.

During the night Dancer has a vague dream of someone nearly being poisoned.

March 15

When lunch is served all seems well until Debbie Taylor touches a piece of chicken on her plate. Instantly the chicken transforms into a rotted, maggot-infested, piece of meat.

Though no one is sleeping very securely at night anymore, they do manage to. That evening a vague dream of the ship becoming shrouded in fog is visited upon Andrew Hobbs.

March 16

The ship soon finds itself in a dense fog. Though the radio still inexplicably refuses to work, the radar is working fine and the ship continues on its way.

This evening Joe Dishwasher has a vague dream of the ship striking an iceberg. The Omega Team makes a quick survey of the life rafts and other rescue gear.

March 17

Feeling frustrated and noticing how panicked the crew and passengers have become, the Omega team embarks upon, what appears to them, to be the most logical course of action. The Omega Team decides to seize control of the ship.

After several nights of dreams that have come true, they have no desire to wait and see if Joe’s will likewise fulfill itself. Any dreams that have been brought to the attention of Captain Dace have been dismissed off hand. The Omega Team easily overcomes the crew and takes over the ship. Captain Dace, now a captive is convinced of the group’s guilt in the murders and the recent strange happenings. Fortunately, no one is seriously injured in the brief struggle to capture the ship.

Debbie Taylor is very distraught and confused about all of this. Dr. James has a pistol unlike any she has ever seen before and he seems to be very good at all of this. She has always considered Thomas to be a man capable of great compassion, but the activities of the last several days, and today in particular, have brought out a side of him she never suspected. The emotional overload is almost too great and Dr. James gives her a sedative to calm her. For the next several days she is calm and does her best to stay out of the way of Dr. James and his friends. What she will say once, and if, they safely arrive in Scotland nobody can guess.

All the off duty crew and other passengers are kept in the mess hall, the largest room on the ship.

March 20

The ship eventually breaks out of the fog without the iceberg dream becoming reality.

Within hours of the ship reaching port the MacCowan family transform into their true shapes. They appear as small, wrinkly skinned, humanoids with staring red eyes and bristly hair. Each arm ends in a sharp curved hook. They attack the Omega Team in a battle that is witnessed by most of the crew and the captain. The creatures prove tough but are eventually all slain by the Team. In a nice touch, the final creature is shot by Captain Dace.

Captain Dace, though shaken by what he has seen, now realizes the Omega Team is not guilty. The passengers and crew agree to come up with a story to tell the authorities in Scotland. The bodies of the creatures turned to black goo that evaporated without a trace, once they were slain.

In order to make the arrangements for their cover story the Susan Gael will stay at sea tonight.

Hippocrates has another startlingly clear dream this night. He finds himself in pitch-blackness. It occurs to him that his next step could send him hurtling down into the bottomless, deadly stillness. Ahead he becomes aware of the glow of the faintest of lights. Slowly he heads toward it. As he nears its source he is aware of a low, sinister hissing.

Eventually he arrives at the source of the light. Around him sits a coil of thick rope. As he watches in horror the rope unwinds, rising slowly into the air. As it rises it bursts into a cold green flame. From nowhere a bucket of water appears in his hands. He throws the water on the rope: the fire fades, the rope screams as the water runs in red, thick currents down its unraveling strands.

End of part 11, tomorrow I’ll post part 12, the team reaches Glasgow. Loch Ness awaits.