Firefly

Spence

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Firefly

I only recently discovered Firefly - bought the DVDs after seeing the movie (and much as I enjoyed it, how upset am I that I saw the end before the beginning!) and became a rabid convert!

Already been to a fan gathering here in my home town (how lucky was that!) and started lending the DVDs to anyone who'll watch them. I bought the RPG more or less so I could get another 'fix' even though I don't have any spare time to run a new campaign...

In short - Shiny.

I only recently discovered Firefly - bought the DVDs after seeing the movie (and much as I enjoyed it, how upset am I that I saw the end before the beginning!) and became a rabid convert!

Already been to a fan gathering here in my home town (how lucky was that!) and started lending the DVDs to anyone who'll watch them. I bought the RPG more or less so I could get another 'fix' even though I don't have any spare time to run a new campaign...

In short - Shiny.

I'm with you, Bro. I asked for the DVD set for XMas and been hooked ever since.

It still baffles me why the Fox people took a winner like Joss Whedon, riding the crest of a wave of successes, and screwed with his formula so bad that they totally lost all continuity.

Then, when the show was STILL successful, they went ahead and cancelled it anyway.

You can't tell me that everything was above the board there.

It still baffles me why the Fox people took a winner like Joss Whedon, riding the crest of a wave of successes, and screwed with his formula so bad that they totally lost all continuity.

Then, when the show was STILL successful, they went ahead and cancelled it anyway.

From what I heard at the time (granted this is most likely rumors, lies and half-truths :)), the viewing audience was not that large and the per episode budget was fairly high. It was the same thing that happened to Farscape, it got priced out of its target audience.

Fox has a history of killing sci-fi shows. Not sure why...

Maybe Joss was too anti-Republican for them?

You're thinking Foxnews ;)

Fox TV used to be one of the more liberal entertainment networks, and constantly skirted the edge of "acceptability". "Married with Children" and so on.

Now they just disappoint. "Firefly", "Wonderfalls" the list can go on.....:(