Superhero Images

schir1964

Just thought I would start a thread for anyone who wanted to post thier images of their characters. This is not a critique thread. I'm not an artist and the images I post are simply templates with a bunch of cut and paste with some shoestring and leather attached. (8^D)

This thread is for those who wish to share thier artwork. However, please do not critique any artwork unless the artist asks for it. Thanks. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Re: Steel Guardian

Originally posted by tgaptte

Here's my current character, done with the purchased version of heromachine and colored outside of that program. I'm not an artist, but it's really cool to be able to come up with SOMETHING, without having to beg my artist friends for a picture!

I didn't even know Hero Machine had a paid version. Does it do anything the free version doesn't?

Re: Re: Steel Guardian

Originally posted by Trebuchet

I didn't even know Hero Machine had a paid version. Does it do anything the free version doesn't?

Well, you get access to the Beta version of HeroMachine2 if you make a $10 "donation". ;)

And yes, it is much better than Heromachine 1, except it only has one pose each for males and females. It also hasn't had much done to the site in almost a year. Unfortunately, Mr. Hebert has been too busy to do any more work on it.

Re: Re: Steel Guardian

Originally posted by Trebuchet

It's not really a paid version actually. If you "donate", you get access to the Beta 2.0 version. While a big improvement over the first, there hasn't been any work on it that I'm aware of for at least the last 6+ months.

This one was modified from a template available on Darran 'Max' Hight's website http://www.wuji-web.com/multiverse_index.html which specializes in WB Animated style art. I am doing all my characters for my new campaign in this style. The site was recommended by Acroyear/Bolt (a really kick @$$ artist in his own right). This is Santeria, one of the NPCs in my campaign.

I like that animation style a lot myself too. I've been watching Justice League a lot lately. I like their takes on all the characters but especially Supes and Flash.

Nice use of that template. Looks nice and polished.

Here's a crazy character I sketched out last week and want to develope more once I have time. It's...

OCTO! KING OF THE OCTOPI!!!