City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Guest George Kirby

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

A good deal of tanks i have talked with have put it this way:

Manage your own d**n agro.

They are whiney little babies, then.

I was the only tank (Inv/SS) on two different Frostfire missions and not only was able to manage the aggro just fine, but was complemented on the fact that no one died, at all, during either mission, because I kept the aggro under control.

The days of herding are over. Fine. The lost art of single-mob taunting is making a comeback.

Downloading right now Cant wait till play. Just got home from work. Decision decision which to play CoH or the other City of.....

:D :D :D :D :D

For the latter, play all of the ATs and help the Devs get them balanced so we won't have to rebuild them with each and every issue.

Congratulations, now help the Devs make the game fun and where it won't be subject to massive nerfs down the line. :)

As for CoH, as a Blaster, your game is largely the same.

For the latter, play all of the ATs and help the Devs get them balanced so we won't have to rebuild them with each and every issue.

Congratulations, now help the Devs make the game fun and where it won't be subject to massive nerfs down the line. :)

As for CoH, as a Blaster, your game is largely the same.

You will never get rid of all the bugs. Those bug really dont come till later. Even playtesting for a very long time you will always have a change in the game later on.

Guest George Kirby

My (now) level 14 Invulnerability/Super-Strength tanker, Pygmy Rhino.

I started him yesterday. Today, he was supposedly "nerfed" by I5. I had more trouble from the server instability caused by the release than by any so-called "nerfing of his abilities.

I had two more people say I was "an excellent tanker who knew how to use taunt" tonight.

Herding schmerding....

My (now) level 14 Invulnerability/Super-Strength tanker, Pygmy Rhino.

I started him yesterday. Today, he was supposedly "nerfed" by I5. I had more trouble from the server instability caused by the release than by any so-called "nerfing of his abilities.

I had two more people say I was "an excellent tanker who knew how to use taunt" tonight.

Herding schmerding....

Awww. He's darling!

:)

Cool toon there, GK!

Guest George Kirby

Here's a better shot of Pygmy Rhino (lvl 14, Inv/SS), along with a shot of my scrapper Quarterback (lvl 8, MA/Ref), my controller Captain Future (lvl 8, Grav/Rad), my archer Hearne Huntsman (lvl 2 defender trick/archer), and my defender, the Undying Tulku (lvl 2, emp/psi).

scrapper Quarterback (lvl 8' date=' MA/Ref)[/quote']

In a fit of frustration, I named my first CoH character Placekicker. Did the MA/Ref build. My backstory was he used performance enhancing drugs and was suspended from playing after he made a 110 yard field goal. Since then he took up fighting crime.

Guest George Kirby

In a fit of frustration' date=' I named my first CoH character Placekicker. Did the MA/Ref build. My backstory was he used performance enhancing drugs and was suspended from playing after he made a 110 yard field goal. Since then he took up fighting crime.[/quote']

Nice!

BlackSword, I like that background! :D

Manchine, I know dear. Some new feature will create an imbalance eventually. Still, give the best feedback that you can dear. After the NDA lifts, tell me how each AT feels, and whether I will enjoy Brutes or Masterminds more. :D

Didn't make any new characters yet. Just went in with the old one.

The frame rate was insanely bad. I went out and installed the latest drivers for my video card, came back and it was just as bad. Dialed down all the video preferences, and it was still bad, just with worse graphics.

Hope they fix whatever it is they broke.

Speaking of fixing things: Just yesterday I got two in-game e-mails from Lemming that were sent to me in June and July of last year :D

Didn't make any new characters yet. Just went in with the old one.

The frame rate was insanely bad. I went out and installed the latest drivers for my video card, came back and it was just as bad. Dialed down all the video preferences, and it was still bad, just with worse graphics.

That seems to be a common problem whenever a new installment goes live. Eventually, they put out some small patches that fix it, but it really is a PITA for a few days.

It isn't helped by everyone making new toons with archery, sonic, etc and flooding into Atlas and Gal City. I won't be able to play for a few days, so hopefully it will be better when I get to log in again.

Ironically, I was in Peregrine Island, which is usually chat central for anyone over 40th (and lots of newebies looking to get power-leveled), and it was really quiet.

Yeh, i hope they clean up the frame rate issues. It's just not fun this way.

I had to fight The Council at 4th level. Apparently they have taken over one of the low level gangs.

There are some low-level missions where you fight the Council- also at the end of some of those missions, their agents chase you in the street when you exit, so you may 'randomly' encounter someone else's Council that way.

JG

Ironically, I was in Peregrine Island, which is usually chat central for anyone over 40th (and lots of newebies looking to get power-leveled), and it was really quiet.

Yeh, i hope they clean up the frame rate issues. It's just not fun this way.

Most of the people have made new characters. There are so many new characters its not funny.

Guest George Kirby

Most of the people have made new characters. There are so many new characters its not funny.

I thought it was funny.

Got invitation for free play over Labor Day weekend' date=' so I guess I might give I5 a try and see if I want to sign up again.[/quote']

I haven't played, dropped the game a long time ago (nothing against it as such, I'm just not into MMORPGs, at this stage in their development, and my general dexterity/reaction time in computer games is poor enough that I don't know I ever will be capable of participating in them until/unless those elements are entirely removed), and got that invite. Which I would have liked to have done, for a bit, but they picked the precise time I'm travelling to Germany on business. :(

I haven't played' date=' dropped the game a long time ago (nothing against it as such, I'm just not into MMORPGs, at this stage in their development, and my general dexterity/reaction time in computer games is poor enough that I don't know I ever will be capable of participating in them until/unless those elements are entirely removed), and got that invite. Which I would have liked to have done, for a bit, but they picked the precise time I'm travelling to Germany on business. :([/quote']

It's a strange life when travelling to the home country of quality beer and large-breasted blondes is considered to be a poor trade compared to playing a computer game. ;)