Project XIII: images from my campaign

etherio

Re: Project XIII: images from my campaign

We have rule in our gaming circle that states

"Girls before gaming."

This basically means that you are excused from all gaming obligations if there is a girl involved.

I mean would you rather be in a basement eating junk food, with a bunch of guys who can quote lines from Babylon 5 or snuggling with a cute girl on the couch?

Now it does help that most of the cute, snugly women I know also are gamers. Talk about the jackpot.

Aha! Good point, there. However, 'bros before 'hos' (excuse my crudeness) has to be given some weight as well. When you're trying to get in good graces with a new girl, your buddies have to understand your priorities. But once she's a girlfriend...well...a good girlfriend will give you space to hang with your pals.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new pics that I've made for the game as yet (I ain't the GM), but my GM (boards member 'Mancer') has gotten into the habit of also making composites for his NPCs. I'll see if he'll post them here for the sake of completing the universe. His style is very different from mine and pretty cool.

But for now, I'll continue the vanity of humbly posting my original artwork here. Maybe Steve Long will wanna publish something I've done in a book at some point. Ya gotta dream!

BigBrutecoloredlo-res.jpg

Okey Doke...

Our old gamer buddy who moved to L.A. came back for a couple of weeks, so he needed a character for this campaign while he's here. He'll be playing this dude:

Carter Baines was a star football player in high school and college, a running back who broke one record after another. By the end of his university athletic career, his physical talents and ability to presciently avoid tackles had improved to the point of superhuman ease. It was apparent to all, himself included, that he was a metahuman...a genetic mutant in possession of enhanced physical and/or psionic abilities. Ineligible for professional sports because of his paranormal abilities, he fell into depression and despair.

In his desperation, Baines was soon recruited by a private firm as a subject in an experimental procedure to enhance the psionic potential of metahumans. His latent talents were fully realized in a joint psychic session with a talented telepath, but the violent release of his new pyrokinetic abilities injured and disfugured several other participants. Feeling terrible guilt and fearing persecution, Baines fled and has since lived a nomadic life, changing his name at each new residence and adopting the moniker of 'Hellion' for when he has need of his psionic abilities.

Hellion has several minor telepathic abilities, but his major offensive power is the ability to generate and control pyrokinetic flame. As of this writing, his power is limited to creating a humanoid-shaped bundle of fire and willing it about the battlefield. That construct is the subconscious expression of his suppressed rage, and he calls it his "Demon." When he wishes (or in some cases against his wishes), the Demon can release roiling bolts of telekinetically propelled heat and flame.

Oh yeah...and he has a Harley. 'Cause they're cool.

<

1) The Demon is the rationale for a fully indirect EB. It zips intangibly to where it needs to be to fire at an opponent.

2) He has 'Enraged when stressed, angered, or injured.' When it activates, his EB Demon attacks his enemies against his will.>>

Hellion

Hellion.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my GM (boards member 'Mancer') has gotten into the habit of also making composites for his NPCs. I'll see if he'll post them here for the sake of completing the universe. His style is very different from mine and pretty cool.

Sure man, I'll collect what I have and start putting some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

BTW, Great job on Hellion =)

Ok, here is the first of them:

Major Victory is the Leader of a small shadow ops team of superhumans, working under the umbrella of a military program dubbed "Project Prometheus." His abilities include (so far as the PCs have discovered) the ability to generate massive amounts of electrical energy around himself (i.e. NND Dmg shield) which compliments his considerable skill with hand-to-hand combat. He can also travel through any conductive material by taking on a form of pure electricity, usually destroying whatever he passes through in the process.

Note: Major Victory is a tribute to a character of the same name played by etherio in the way back times ;)

Major Victory

MajorVictory-1.jpg

With her ability to become intangible at will, Agent Ghost makes the perfect clandestine operative for Project Prometheus. Although she is a very skilled martial artist, she is most deadly when simultaneously firing a pair of semi-automatic pistols which she has been known to use in extremely close quarters with her opponents. Her control over her ability is so fine-tuned that she has learned to "phase" through incoming enemy attacks and instantly re-materialize in order to set-up deadly counterattacks (lots of DCV with an Activation Roll).

Agent Ghost

TheGhost.jpg

An extremely capable solider, Agent Zero's physical prowess rivals those of the Neodrenaline powered "Super-Soldiers," although he himself is not a member of that group. His enhanced reflexes, strength, stamina and mental capacity allow him to survive and even flourish in the harshest of combat environments. Like all members of Project Prometheus, Agent Zero is highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, but his proficiency with (and access to) a wide range of armaments makes him an extremely dangerous combatant, and when necessary assassin.

Agent Zero

Agent0.jpg

Unparalleled (nearly :tonguewav ) with his ability with a bow thanks to his world class skill in Archery and state-of-the-art cybernetic implants, Heatseeker brings a high degree of versatility to his team with "trick arrows" usually tailor made for any given mission. Through his cybernetic implants he is afforded better than normal strength, agility and fortitude, but amazing accuracy (due in part to built in micro-targeting processors and stabilizers built into a his partially robotic musculature) makes him a particularly deadly addition to Project Prometheus' lineup.

Heatseeker

Heatseeker.jpg

Granted powers and abilities by the mysterious Zodiac Stones, the Shroud is a powerful and somewhat chaotic figure. With his ability to basically "infect" people with a form of insanity he slowly gathers the dregs of society into his ever expanding cult. Among the abilities he has demonstrated so far are the power to command those "of weak mind and will" as well as transforming otherwise mentally stable people into raving lunatics (who also seem quite conveniently loyal to the Shroud and his cause). He has also proven himself to be quite formidable in combat, and the wounds he has received and survived would have killed a small army of normal men. He prefers close combat when forced to fight directly, and wears a plain leather belt under his shroud from which hang (from chains, of course :rockon:) a host of sharp instruments from which to choose from, which he wields with superhuman strength and precision. The Shroud is an enigmatic, meticulous and purely malevolent antagonist who revels in the death and chaos he creates.

Note: for more info on the Zodiac Stones see Avatar http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1634733&postcount=379)

Shroud

TheShroud.jpg

You'll be welcome, especially since your plan to "retire" indicates that you have the means to provide munchies regularly.

I also plan to "retire" someday, but mine will probably include yelling at people for change in front of a 7-11.

You'll be welcome, especially since your plan to "retire" indicates that you have the means to provide munchies regularly.

I also plan to "retire" someday, but mine will probably include yelling at people for change in front of a 7-11.

Actually, my incredibly gifted (and someday to be, famous) daughter is going to be taking care of her folks. :D

Alright, here are a few more...

One of the greatest minds in genetics, Dr. Savias' has dedicated his life to the unethical (and often illegal) study of para-human engineering (i.e. human-animal hybrids). It is not known exactly when the good Doctor manipulated his own gene code to include that of "Gorilla" DNA (what, like you don't have a token genius Gorilla in your game :bounce:) but upon returning from a 10 year self-imposed exile, it was clear that he had made significant breakthroughs in his research. Gorilla-man or not, Savias is an intellectual and so allows his para-human minions to do the heavy lifting for him in combat.

Dr. Savias

DrSavias.jpg

The latest in a line of hybrids created by Dr. Savias, Wildcat combines the best physical characteristics of truecats with that of a human host. As such Wildcat has gained heightened stregth and reflxes, as well as a host of animal-like senses. In combat, Wildcat uses his catlike claws to rend his opponents, who he often considers little more than prey to be toyed with. However, it is clear that the human host, whoever he once was, was adept in the Brazilian fighting style of capoeira, which shows itself when he performs defensive maneuvers or the occasional kick. He is also capable of short, but amazingly fast bursts of speed increasing both his running speed and attacks with his deadly claws. His catlike nature often makes him unpredictable and difficult to control, although for now he remains loyal to the Doctor, whom he considers a "father."

Wildcat

Wildcat.jpg

Like his feline counterpart, Direwolf was created by Dr. Savias by fusing a veritable cocktail of canine DNAs, with that of a human. He has exhibited incredible strength, resilience and stamina; and his canine sense of smell makes him and excellent tracker. His loyalty to Dr. Savias is second only to the dog-men which make up his pack.

Direwolf

Direwolf.jpg

Some of Savias' earliest creations, the Dogmen who form "The Pack" are intellectually stunted, less-than-human creatures who are fiercely loyal to Dr. Savias (and to a lesser extent, Direwolf who they view as pack leader). In many ways inferior to normal humans, the Pack are nonetheless extremely capable in their roles as guards, trackers, and muscle (fighting tooth and nail in combat); their seemingly unlimited numbers make them formidable "grunts" when complimenting Savias' more powerful creations.

The Pack

Dogmen.jpg

And here is the last of Savias' creations that the PCs have encountered so far...

Savias' most ambitious project to date and perhaps his greatest failure is the creature known only as "The Reptile." Standing well over 7' tall, with strength enough to lift a large truck, razor sharp claws, and scales hard enough to withstand all but the most powerful firearms, The Reptile is a creature of pure instinct, driven only by it's primal urge to eat and mate (very unfortunate for the hapless reptile women of New York City :tsk:). Besides its super strength and claws, The Reptile is capable of biting with its massive crocodilian jaws, infecting anyone who is unlucky enough to be wounded with a mixture of noxious venoms, leaving them disoriented and delirious. Oh yeah, and he can "cling" to any surface he can stick his claws into ;).

The Reptile

TheReptile.jpg

That's it for now...later I'll pop some "good guy" NPCs up..BTW, thanks to those who repped the pics I put up earlier, I know I ain't no etherio when it comes to making these, so I wasn't sure if people would be interested in seeing them or not =)

One more for now...

Dr. Shiang Lung (pronounced more like Loong than Lung) plays the part of the "balancing good and evil guy" and the much needed "enigmatic sorcerer deus ex machina" in my campaign ;)

here is the description taken from etherio's original pic (found here http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=485974&postcount=129 )

"Mandarin sorcerer with "Dr. Strange-like" magical abilities...was granted communion with the spirit of the Chinese water dragon...can transform into a large green dragon at will..."

Since Dr. Shiang Lung plays a more prominent role in my campaign, I decided to give him an updated pic, here it is:

Dr. Shiang Lung

DrShiangLung.jpg

Was thinking of doing a re-color of this pic to match the color scheme of the original ( http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=485974&postcount=129 ), but I'm still mulling it over.

This chick is your basic "Spider powers" type... "proportional strength of a spider" and the whole nine yards...she shoots webs from small, yet no-less nasty glands located on the palms of her hands (mmm...sexy) which she can use to web people up, make walls, blind people and on at least one occasion coated the inside of a building with to create sort of a "spatial awareness,-1/4 physical manifestation thing" ;))

She also happens to be an ex-Project XIII member gone freelance. Recently, Black Widow has found herself in the employment of David Gates (no relation to Bill :tonguewav) one of the world's wealthiest men and, as the CEO of one of the countries largest military contractors, one of the most politically powerful people in the country. Currently serving time for tricking the PCs into stealing some top secret info (a crime for which some of the PCs are still wanted).

Note: original Pic and description by etherio found here ( http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=496479&postcount=189 )

Black Widow

Blackwidow.jpg