Project XIII: images from my campaign

etherio

Re: Project XIII: images from my campaign

The PCs don't know much about this next NPC, except her remarkable similarity to another, well known, Super; Valkyrie (of Both Project XIII and Liberty Legion fame)

An actual immortal valkyrie from Norse mythology, Maiden is a super-strong, violent, and extremely dangerous villain. Maiden wields a magic sword in combat, with which she can cleave through almost anything (including most of the PCs ;)) She also has a set of magical armor and a shield which makes her already incredible defenses that much more powerful (about a base 25-30ish PD BEFORE Armor and DCV from shield). Also, unlike her "Earth 0" counterpart she has the ability to fly (an ability that seems to be tied to her magical armor).

Maiden has little or no loyalty to Dr. Sinuous or the US Government, and in fact had spent her first decade on "Midgard" helping the Nazi's take control of Europe. Only her desire for and loyalty to the last of the Sentinels has kept her in the employ of the US government, and she has at best a disdain for most mortals.

Here is a link to the golden age Valkyrie: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=495436&postcount=180

Here is a link to the Valkyrie of the current timeline: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306723&postcount=14

Maiden

Maiden.jpg

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last, but not least, Citizen Supreme is the real reason why the fascist US Government has little choice but to work with the Sentinels of the Republic. Amongst the most physically powerful known mutants in any world (alternate or otherwise) Supreme tempers his off-the-charts metahuman abilities with a profound sense of patriotism and duty (think scaled down TAS superman.)

Virtually invulnerable, strong enough to lift (erm..well, lift anything a 75 STR will let you lift ;)), psychic abilities which mimic a host of super-senses, enough flight to make him the fastest moving object in a 1950s sky, a crap-load of minor "brick-trick" style powers, AND the pyrokenetic ability to pretty much melt anything he can see, makes Supreme enough to make any group of 250 pt heroes wanna crap themselves. Fortunately, the Heroes discovered that unlike Maiden, Supreme is unwilling to kill, and will disengage from combat to assist someone who is in mortal danger.

Here is the link to The Patriot, the Golden Age character that Supreme is an alternate version of (played by me of course ;)), from etherio's now long finished WWII campaign: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=495428&postcount=179

Citizen Supreme

CitizenSupreme.jpg

Funny note: What was supposed to be a fight the PCs would probably never be able to win turned into a fluke-fest when one of the PCs (Coldfront) decided it was his lucky night; first rolling 52 pts of DMG on a single 9d6 roll, and then rolling a 3 to hit with his next 9d6 3 shot autofire attack (which in our game, always means max DMG, so 3 hits for 54 pts of stun and one for 52, well you get the point). Needless to say, after being hit by a car (Driven by the "at-the-time" powerless but no less feisty Avatar) and taking a series of (rather crappy) 17d6 move throughs by the teams Brick, the rather surprised Supreme didn't stand a chance, heh.

The foot soldiers of the Universal State, the Purifiers, are Neodrenaline enhanced super-soldiers whose task it is to hunt down and "arrest" superhumans or anyone else the government determines to be an aberration from the norm.

The Purifiers of this timeline are based on Purifiers of yet another timeline which Project XIII had previously traveled to (and which etherio seems to have not put pics up for ;))

Link to Neodrenaline: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=365560&postcount=115

Purifier

MccarthyEraPurifier.jpg

...based on Purifiers of yet another timeline which Project XIII had previously traveled to (and which etherio seems to have not put pics up for ;))...

The pic for those 1990s Purifiers was one of the very first I made, and it just plain sucked.

A powerful and shadowy figure in the "Universal State" timeline, The Grandmaster is dedicated to rebuilding the "Order of the Crimson Dragon" and dispersing his agents throughout the US Government and within its populace. His motivations are ambivalent and unclear, and his organization rarely overtly acts directly against the government. Instead, he watches them from within and without, waiting for some small window of opportunity to put one of his many grand schemes into action. The Grandmaster keeps a somewhat high profile secret ID as a US Senator, and in this capacity sometimes seems to act contrary even to his own goals; however, his genius, meticulous nature, and patience ensure that most outcomes are exactly what he had planed all along.

The Grandmaster is a longtime student of Eastern mysticism and various eastern styles of martial arts. His abilities in such regard are in the realm of the supernatural, and he is known to be able to see spirits, paralyze or kill with a single touch, and on at least one occasion, heal a life threatening wound with his bare hands.

At the end of the scenario involving the "Universal State" timeline, the Grandmaster aided the PCs in returning to their own dimension, taking the opportunity to rid his world of the Sentinels of the Republic, who are now trapped in the PCs timeline because of his machinations.

The Grandmaster is an alternate earth version of "The Crimson Dragon" who originally appeared as a PC in a pre-WWII pulp hero campaign run by etherio. The Grandmaster seems to have shared much of the Crimson Dragon's original life and story up until the events which led the timelines to differ shortly after the start of WWII. Here is a link: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029401&postcount=220

Grandmaster

Grandmaster.jpg

Note: etherio thinks his coloring is too "pastel," but its chinese silk damnnit =P

• 9 months later...

Hi all!

Again, a long break from posting anything on the forums. We've had a good campaign, though, for the last year or so...gonna get Mancer, the GM, to post more of his characters on the thread to keep the 'Project: XIII' continuity growing. It's been fun relaxing and being a player instead of GMing for the first significant stretch in many years.

We're still short-handed in our group, though, so I'm here to see if any more Hawaii (or soon-to-be-in-Hawaii) players are interested. Let me know! I'll post also on the player-finder threads

Oh, by the way...I got married! :celebrate

meandrachelreception.jpg

Guest steamteck

congratulations. She's beautiful and looks very happy. She IS a gamer right? My wife is my best ( and most constant) player. Those one on one sessions are great.

Congrats, again, on the marriage. You two are a great looking couple.

I was in Hawaii the end of July, but on the wrong island. We were on Maui. I did wave profusely in your direction though, while I was there.

It will be nice to see more of you and/or Mancer's stuff. You guys do great work.

Congrats' date=' again, on the marriage. You two are a great looking couple...[/quote']

Thanks. I think I bring up the curve a bit.

I was in Hawaii the end of July' date=' but on the wrong island. We were on Maui...[/quote']

Dang. You should've come down to O`ahu. I was also on vacation at the end of July. Maybe next time.

congratulations. She's beautiful and looks very happy. She IS a gamer right? My wife is my best ( and most constant) player. Those one on one sessions are great.

Thanks. No, she's not a gamer...but she is an avid reader and a bit of a comic geek, and she never gives me any crap about the time I spend gaming. That last one is unusual in itself, in my experience. Given her comics interests (she's a biiiig fan of the X-Men), though, I imagine she'll try playing with us at some point.

Congrats' date=' Etherio!...[/quote']

Thanks!

Love the necklace' date=' BTW. I assume there's some significance to it?[/quote']

It's a lei, actually, although it might not look like the kinds of leis you're used to seeing in films and such. There are many styles, and since I'm allergic to flowers, I prefer the ones that don't have flowers. It's pretty common here for people to wear leis on special occasions (high school grads have trouble seeing over the piles they get from friends and family). It's sort of a way to be dress-casual.

I'll wait for Mancer to post his NPCs. I have the images on file and could put them up here, but his character summaries would be better. So I'll post a couple more images of my own design from the campaign...

THE SCARAB

This is the primary vehicle for my character Gold Bug, who appeared at this post. It amounts to a lightly armored VTOL flying/submersible troop character for our group, the New Outsiders. It has some pretty good radar-jamming capabilities, communications gear, and a holding cell, but no weapons as of yet. I drew this one from scratch on my 'puter, so I likes it.

Scarab.jpg

Val Char Cost

45 STR 0

10 DEX 0

17 BODY 0

5 SPD 30

0" RUN -12

0" SWIM -2

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 81

Cost Power

Propulsion Systems

63 1) Internally Contained VTOL Turbines: Flight 10", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Sideways Maneuverability full velocity (+1/2), Reduced END, 0 END (+1/2); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) plus Flight 15", x64 Noncombat, Reduced END, 0 END (+1/2) (82 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4)

Hull/Chassis

15 1) Sealed and Insulated Hull: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

3 2) Landing Gear: Extra Limbs (6); Only for lifting and holding large objects (-1/2)

Communications/Sensory Systems
, all slots OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

4 1) Audio/Video Communications Panel: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), +1 to PER Roll; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight and/or Hearing (-1/2)

9 2) Sonar Display Panel: (Total: 29 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group), Targeting; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Hearing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) plus Active Sonar (Hearing Group), +1 to PER Roll; OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Hearing (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5)

5 3) Radar-Absorbent EM Field: Invisibility to Radio Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Lockout with Radio Communications (-1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4)

3 4) GPS Tracker: Detect Exact Location on Earth A Single Thing 16- (Radio Group); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Sight (-1/2)

1 5) Compass Display: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

Powers Cost: 103

Total Character Cost: 184

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Distinctive Features: Bug-Shaped Flying Craft (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Aerospace Research Firm 8- (Less Pow; NCI; Capture)

25 Hunted: ? 11- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

5 Hunted: Law Enforcement 11- (Less Pow; NCI; Watching)

10 Reputation: Unarmed Craft Owned By A Hero, 11-

5 Dependent NPC: Gerard Crothers 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Electrical (Common)

10 Physical Limitation: Requires occasional recharging (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)

Disadvantage Points: 105

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

CRICKET SLEDS

These are personal VTOL flying/submersibles that our group uses...built, of course, by Gold Bug. When underwater, the pilot can use retractable SCUBA breathing gear that is housed in the steering console.

(This is a manip, but very little of the original drawing is left...mainly just the seat. Can you identify it?)

CricketSled.jpg

Val Char Cost

20 STR 5

23 DEX 39

10 BODY -1

5 SPD 17

0" RUN -12

0" SWIM -2

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 45

Cost Power

Chassis

12 1) Aluminum Chassis: +6 DEF (18 Active Points); Limited Coverage Nearly 360 Degrees (Coverage does not protect occupants; -1/2)

Propulsion Systems

23 1) Internally Contained VTOL Turbines: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Flight 5", 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (-0), Usable as Swimming (+1/4); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) plus Flight 15", x4 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (-0); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Needs atmospheric medium (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17)

Communications/Sensory Systems
, all slots OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

3 1) GPS Tracker: Detect Exact Location on Earth A Single Thing 16- (Radio Group); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Normal Sight (-1/2)

1 2) Compass Display: Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)

Auxiliary Systems

3 1) Rebreather System: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 42

Total Character Cost: 87

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Distinctive Features: Hi-Tech Flying Craft (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Aerospace Research Firm 8- (Less Pow; NCI; Capture)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Electrical (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 37

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0