Rifts HERO?

gauss

Re: Rifts HERO?

I am beginning to think I am serving the forces of evil. Namely you Trencher.

I hope your players are not D-bee's, cause if they are, they are in a world of hurt.

The art for the Glitter boy killer armor is fantastic, I was just thinking of converting it, so... it is next.

I am beginning to think I am serving the forces of evil. Namely you Trencher.
:sneaky:

I hope your players are not D-bee's, cause if they are, they are in a world of hurt.

Actually allthough I would like too I do not run a campain based in the Rifts world. I just use part of it for my own sci-fi-campain, Prosek is an Emperor of an planet for example. The old style dead boys make good evil empire grunts. The new style dead boys are from the allied planet Stark equally evil.

The art for the Glitter boy killer armor is fantastic, I was just thinking of converting it, so... it is next.

:thumbup: I agree the art is real good.

Hi Rifter yuo must be one of the four views. Do you play of GM Rifts Hero?

Yes I started a Rifts Hero session some weeks before. The group and I played Rifts with the Palladium system for about 8 years. Then we stopped playing Rifts for about 5 years.

Now I've discovered the Hero System for me and I want to play Rifts again with the Hero System. The Problem is, that I'm new to the Hero System and I nee a lot of time to write up a charakter. So I'm happy that there are other people on the board who play Rifts Hero too. And with the conversions already made by others I have no problems to start a scenario.

I don't have that much time, so the conversion hasn't even started. But if i have something I will post it on this board :-).

Well, here's what I have since come up with (I used to be Dr. Dementos) after researching other's ideas and concocting my own.

First, I like the Mega-Damage = +7 DCs idea, that is the best approach.

Second, based on that, you can then make equivalent DEF based on MDC

Just use the HERO's geometric scale for comparison

A character with, say, 100 MDC is equivalent to having enough defense to defend against an average 7DC attack = 7 DEF

This also means that any given MDC creature or structure should have 7 DEF in addition to their other defenses

So let's take that Glitterboy for example.

Glitterboy Main Body = 770 MDC

2^9.5 = 724

3 Active Points to 2 DEF for every 5 Active Points to 1 Damage Class (3/5)

9.5 x 3 = 28.5 Active Points / 1.5 = 19 DEF + 7 DEF = 26 DEF.

So maybe Rifts is not so powerful, just imbalanced.

We all have super-characters that can take this guy.

But what about his Boom Gun?

If memory serves me correctly, that is 3d6x10 MDC

This is my personal preference for damage conversion, but it has its kinks:

I take the type of die of damage that an attack does, divide by 2 to simulate the standard effect. This damage must be assumed to be BODY damage. That remaining number is the equivalent # of Damage Classes.

So back to the Boom Gun:

3d6, using these rules = 9 DCs

x10 has already been established as = +3 DCs

MDC = x100 = +7 DCs

9 DCs +3 DCs +7 DCs = 19 DCs = 19d6 Normal Damage or 6d6+1 Killing Damage.

There's your Boom Gun Damage.

And the rest is relatively easy to convert.

Sometime later I'll post about how I have decided to go about converting OCCs and RCCs.

Here now, a taste of the Plasma Warhead Mini missle of which the Glitter boy Killer armor has 10x

I built these as vehicles. I think it is very dynamic.

Comments welcome

So 10x of this missle cost 67 points on the Glitter boy Killer Armor

Also, the Dex of the missle is 14 so on any Ph it is fired, if th ePilot of th eGlitter boy Killer armor i higher it does not fire until Dex 14.. And at Spd 12, the missle can move on any seg it is fired.

Folowing is a breakdown of the Missle speed in Segments:

Distence moved by seg (1 second)

1,843 kph / 60 minutes / 60 seconds = .5119 km per seg

Seg 1 Mv : Seg 2 Mv : Seg 3 Mv : Seg 4 Mv

zero - .5119 km : .5120 kn - 1.023 km : 1.024 - 1.535 km : --> 1.6 km

Very true, however unles the GBK is within .5119 km it takes more than a seg to reach the Glitter boy. But ther GB is 0 DCV for a Ph which at spd 4 is 3 segs minimim and it also means the GBK has to time it right and hopefully is closer .

Ok. So 11- chance to hit a 0 DCV target with a 0 Ocv attack.

It occurs to me as well that only the Dex based CV is halved for non combat Mv, which after including Dcv for size and Velocity =

Dex(5/2) + Size 4 + Velocity Dcv 15 = 21.

Right?

Yesterday I bought the Ultimate Edition of Rifts, and it is pretty impressive for its line.

I still haven't spotted an editorial error, and at least KS gives us insight to his game design methods.

I wish that the other books would be redone similarly.

Of course, I wish that I had the perfect conversion method to HERO System, but I'm getting there.

What about converting Attributes to CHAR?

Some are easy to convert, but others cover different things in their respective systems (PE acts like CON and END, SDC is like STUN and limited DEF), and numerically speaking, conversion isn't so easy with them either, or else Palladium comes out looking like pansies, unless that just is the case.

I was thinking about this the other day.

The characteristics are pretty easy to convert over.

In RIFTS, human norm goes between 0 and 20. Characteristics exceeding 20 are possible, but rare. Hero's normal characteristic range is pretty much the same, thus with all but a few characteristics, you can assume a Palladium 10 equals a Hero system 10.

The characteristics match up pretty easily:

P.S. = STR

P.P. = DEX

P.E. = CON

I.Q. = INT

M.E. = EGO

M.A. = PRE

P.B. = COM

Spd = Running (in general)

Palladium does its Strength kinda weird though. Characters with Strength scores between 3 and 16 multiply their P.S. score by 10 to determine how much they can carry. The maximum amount they can lift is double that. Thus a P.S. of 11 in Palladium system equals STR 10 in Hero (both can lift 100KG/220 lbs)

However, characters with a P.S. of 17 or higher suddenly get a massive jump in lifting ability...they get to multiply their P.S. by 20 for carrying and by 40 for lifting! Thus a P.S. of 17 in Palladium/RIFTS is equal to a STR 18 in Hero (close to 700lbs)

Here's a close approximation chart on equavalent STR scores:

P.S. to STR

10 = 9 (200lbs)

11 = 10 (220lbs)

12 = 10 (240lbs)

13 = 11 (260lbs)

14 = 11 (280lbs)

15 = 12 (300lbs)

16 = 12 (320lbs)

17 = 18 (680lbs)

18 = 18 (720lbs)

19 = 19 (760lbs)

20 = 19 (800lbs)

25 = 21 (1000lbs)

30 = 22 (1200lbs)

Note that a Hero system STR of 19 can lift around 792lbs (360kg) which is only 8lbs shy of Palladium's P.S. 20 at 800lbs.

Hit Point to Body conversions are a bit more difficult. The main reason is because characters in RIFTS gain more Hit Points as they increase their level of experience. HERO does not do this, though characters can certainly buy more Body as they gain EXP, this is a fairly rare occurrance. Thus is it probably best to purchase Body based on the type of character one is building.

Men of Arms: Typically Body of 12 to 15

Borgs: This should be covered as part of the Partial and Full conversion packages, but probably averages 15 Body for a Partial Conversion to 20+Body for a full conversion borg.

Men of Science: Typically Body between 8 and 12. The average human Body scores.

Practitioners of Magic: As men of science, they usually fall into the average range, though this tends to be on the low average (8 to 10) to save points for magic

Adventurers (City Rat, Wilderness Scout, Vagabond etc): Tend to fall in the average human range (8-12) though Wilderness Scouts get a bonus and tend to fall in the high average (11-12)

D-Bees: Variable depending on the nature of the being in question.

Special Men of Arms: (Cyberknight, Juicer, Crazie etc) These guys fight so often, they tend to average around Body 15 or higher for survivability purposes. The lowest common denominator, the Cyber Knight, would hover around Body 15. Crazies around Body 17 and Juicers even higher (though don't get too outrageous, they are still flesh and blood, unlike Borgs) All of these packages would include bonuses to initial Body score.

I was thinking about this the other day.

The characteristics are pretty easy to convert over.

In RIFTS, human norm goes between 0 and 20. Characteristics exceeding 20 are possible, but rare. Hero's normal characteristic range is pretty much the same, thus with all but a few characteristics, you can assume a Palladium 10 equals a Hero system 10.

The characteristics match up pretty easily:

P.S. = STR

P.P. = DEX

P.E. = CON

I.Q. = INT

M.E. = EGO

M.A. = PRE

P.B. = COM

Spd = Running (in general)

Palladium does its Strength kinda weird though. Characters with Strength scores between 3 and 16 multiply their P.S. score by 10 to determine how much they can carry. The maximum amount they can lift is double that. Thus a P.S. of 11 in Palladium system equals STR 10 in Hero (both can lift 100KG/220 lbs)

However, characters with a P.S. of 17 or higher suddenly get a massive jump in lifting ability...they get to multiply their P.S. by 20 for carrying and by 40 for lifting! Thus a P.S. of 17 in Palladium/RIFTS is equal to a STR 18 in Hero (close to 700lbs)

Here's a close approximation chart on equavalent STR scores:

P.S. to STR

10 = 9 (200lbs)

11 = 10 (220lbs)

12 = 10 (240lbs)

13 = 11 (260lbs)

14 = 11 (280lbs)

15 = 12 (300lbs)

16 = 12 (320lbs)

17 = 18 (680lbs)

18 = 18 (720lbs)

19 = 19 (760lbs)

20 = 19 (800lbs)

25 = 21 (1000lbs)

30 = 22 (1200lbs)

Note that a Hero system STR of 19 can lift around 792lbs (360kg) which is only 8lbs shy of Palladium's P.S. 20 at 800lbs.

More to come....

Last night, I came up with some pretty decent conversion rules.

IQ = INT (Make A Direct Conversion, IOW, The Same Quantity)

ME = EGO (3 x (Save Versus Psionic Attack + 3))

MA = PRE (Direct Conversion, but this one's a little funky if you look at enough characters)

PS = STR (Compare by Equivalent Lifting Maximums)

PP = DEX (3 x (Strike/Parry/Dodge Bonus +3))

PE = CON (and END, but don't bother with END) (Direct Conversion, same problem as MA - PRE)

PB = COM (Direct Conversion)

Spd = Running (Compare Speeds)

SDC = STUN and Normal Defenses

This is slightly complicated but here goes.

First, compare SDC total to Geometric Chart

For STUN:

If Heroic, Divide corresponding Active Points by 5

If Superheroic, Divide corresponding Active Points by 2.5

For Normal Defenses (PD and ED; Don't Divide)

If Heroic, Divide corresponding Active Points by 10

If Superheroic, Divide corresponding Active Points by 5

HP = BODY (Geometric Chart)

Here Are Some Attributes To Characteristics Conversions I have thus far figured out

IQ = INT (Direct Conversion; IOW, it is directly numerically equivalent)

ME = EGO (3 x (Save vs. Psionics +3)) Note: Breaks Down At Lower Levels

PS = STR (Compare Lifting Maximums)

PP = DEX (3 x (Strike/Parry/Dodge Bonus +3)) Note: Breaks Down At Lower Levels

Spd = Running (Compare MPH/KPH)

HP = BODY (Geometric Chart to Corresponding Active Points)

SDC = STUN, Normal PD, Normal ED

First check SDC total against the Geometric Chart

For STUN, divide by 2.5 if Superheroic, or by 5 if Heroic

For Normal PD and ED respectively, divide by 5 if Superheroic, or by 10 if Heroic

I'm still somewhat confused about how to properly convert MA and PE

Here Are Some Attributes To Characteristics Conversions I have thus far figured out

Okay, lets see it.

IQ = INT (Direct Conversion; IOW, it is directly numerically equivalent)

Yeah, pretty much how I'd deal with it as well.

ME = EGO (3 x (Save vs. Psionics +3)) Note: Breaks Down At Lower Levels

Actually, I'd transfer ME straight to EGO and translate bonuses to save vs Psionics as Mental Defense. (not counting the natural Psionics save bonus generated by M.E.)

PS = STR (Compare Lifting Maximums)

I'd do the same, as I listed above.

PP = DEX (3 x (Strike/Parry/Dodge Bonus +3)) Note: Breaks Down At Lower Levels

Again, like ME to EGO, I'd translate PP straight over to DEX and covert bonuses to Strike/Dodge to skill levels, not counting the natural bonuses derived from P.P.

Agreed. Its an easy conversion.

Spd = Running (Compare MPH/KPH)

Another easy one. We should probably work on a SPD to Movement conversion chart though.

HP = BODY (Geometric Chart to Corresponding Active Points)

This is pretty much how I'd handle it. Though I'm not sure what you mean by Geometric Chart...

I'm still somewhat confused about how to properly convert MA and PE

I would think M.A. and P.E. would convert pretty straight.

I'd leave derived characteristics out of the equation and let those be adjusted as necessary. The only exception being Spd, which would be based on the characters level of Hand to Hand skill:

HtH/SPD

None/2

Basic/3

Expert/3

Martial Arts/4

Assasin/4

Where a character gets more attacks per round, add one more point of speed. Example Cyberknights and Crazies both get +1 SPD and Juicers get +2 SPD.

I guess that I accidentally used my terms from my actual document on conversion.

What I mean is the Geometric Scale.

The Geometric Scale is the corresponding scale of multiplication in accordance to Active Points.

Remember when FReD explains that every increment of 5 Active Points is effectively 2x the last increment?

Basically, when you take, say, 60 Active Points, that is equal to the geometric value of (2^12) = 4096

It's that kind of logic that make Mega-Damage easy to convert.

+35 Active Points --> 2^7 = 128