Linked Multipowers

Mavnn

I'm putting together a character with a slightly strange power construct. Basically, he has a HKA which also reduces his targets END - first with a Transfer, and when that can absorb no more points, with a Drain.

I was planning to put the Drain and Transfer in a Multipower to reduce the cost, and then MPA the HKA and the relevant slot from the Multipower.

The question is this: can I place Linked on the overall Multipower? (each of the slots has a lower AP cost then the HKA)

I can't see any reason why not in FReD, but Hero Designer won't let me and Dan is normally quite accurate about these things...

Hope this makes some sense, and opinions please :)

Michael

Originally posted by Christougher

Except that he doesn't really need to. I can't quote page #, but I recall that even after a Transfer capped out, it could still be used to Drain the target.

Page 151 of FREd pretty specifically says the opposite; a Transfer can't function as a Drain if it's capped out. Surprised me -- I thought he was just trying to get a more efficient Drain effect. :)