Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

PaRappaTheRappe

I hope someone here's seen the anime. Guu is a little girl who has weird godlike powers, most notably the ability to swallow anything, even probably a whale or town, into a stomach dimension under her control. Under search, I found that someone proposed a Fantasy Hero-like 'Reality Warping' EDM that ties everything neatly into the swallowing concept.

How would the character write-up look like anyway? Give her little-girl physical chars with deific mental chars plus reality warp-swallowing? Should it be MegaScaled Area Effect or something? Psych Lims? What kind of supported HERO genre could I fit her in without looking crazy?

Re: Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

Well, she has multiple stomachs / dimensions in the anime, and I was intending to make her a plot-device NPC for my supergenius-toddler campaign, which has a relationship map for nuclear and extended family-based noir elements similar to that of The Maltese Falcon , and two-fisted pulp action like The Shadow plus Lovecraft. She's more of a scary stress factor by monkeywrenching the PCs in their kind of hamfisted attempts to do social engineering on parents and other grownups, or when playing power politics on the playground against their rivals the Oshkosh Crew . And her dimension swallowing gives more scope to the game, I think.

Well' date=' she has multiple stomachs / dimensions in the anime, and I was intending to make her a plot-device NPC for my supergenius-toddler campaign, which has a relationship map for nuclear and extended family-based noir elements similar to that of [i']The Maltese Falcon[/i] , and two-fisted pulp action like The Shadow plus Lovecraft. She's more of a scary stress factor by monkeywrenching the PCs in their kind of hamfisted attempts to do social engineering on parents and other grownups, or when playing power politics on the playground against their rivals the Oshkosh Crew . And her dimension swallowing gives more scope to the game, I think.

Humm, prehaps EDM, Usable As Attack, ONLY Usable As Attack, No Range, with the special effect that she has to put her mouth on you and "suck you up/swallow whole". Defently makes for a scarie villian.

Face it -- there's nothing Guu CAN'T do. One time she grew to such an enormous height that an orbiting satellite collided with her head and fell to Earth without her even noticing.

Her principal function in life is to challenge the sanity of one character -- Hale. Just why a character with all the power and morals of Cthulhu has taken an interest in a little boy in the jungle is never answered in the series. her actions do have a few good beenfits -- they help Hale's mother reconcile with her own mother -- but mostly she's trouble.

There are people who not only live in Guu's stomach but actually like it there. This gives you an indication of how big Guu's pocket dimension is. She also accidentally swallows a suicidal woman who hates every man in the universe except Hale, with whom she becomes fixated.

Guu also has the ability to turn on the cute whenever she wants to. She can fool any adult and most children into believing she's a normal, extreemly cute little girl. As a result, only Hale knows the truth about Guu, which really interferes with his dealins with Mari, the normal little girl (if you can call lviing at school normal) who he truly loves.

Using Guu-like powerrs in a campaign would probably result in the most powerful, evil little-girl villain you could think of, who doesn;t even see herself as doing any harm.

Oh yes, did I mention that Guu can turn into an adult beauty at will? She just doesn;t like to let anyone see her that way.

Maybe I'll preserve the Wish-like 'Reality Warping' EDM from FH, make it Inherent, and add MegaScale or something; but by the rule, I'd think that the area would expand with her if she chose to grow...

I did a tentative write-up using Hero Designer, but with 'Reality Warping' (I named it Bafu! after the sound Hale hears when he's eaten), Characteristics and other stats seem superfluous, and you end up with someone who's essentially even more GM fiat than a big ol' Cosmic Power Pool would make. Think d20 'Wish' as a permanent, always-active effect.

Still, this Guu would serve a purpose- placing PCs in the most lunatic pop-culture-referenced situations imaginable. I did a three-player run of Surbrook's Xenomorph write ups against Guu in AvP style, and she ended up doing Bafu! on them all and making them all conga-dance with her until they exploded.