Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

0 DEX -30 9- OCV: 0/DCV: 0

10 BODY 0 11-

0 SPD -10 Phases: (none)

Total Characteristic Cost: -44

Movement:

Cost Powers END

120 It's Just a Bag!: Shrinking (0.0314 m tall, 0.0004 kg mass, -12 PER Rolls to perceive character, +12 DCV, takes +18" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (120 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 120

Total Cost: 76

• 2 weeks later...

Re: "Bag of Holding"

Why not use the vehicle rules?

120 It's Just a Bag!: Shrinking (0.0314 m tall, 0.0004 kg mass, -12 PER Rolls to perceive character, +12 DCV, takes +18" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (120 Active Points)

I like that - a vehicle with a lot of space and/or STR, and then buy shrinking for it.

Internal Spaces was an attempt to unify several concepts in the HERO System, including the Bag Of Holding. It started with, "What if everyone could buy a 'pocket' like the one that Vehicles normally have?"

That being said, if you wanted to do something similar you could take Cargo (I think I have the name right) from the Ultimate Vehicle, allow it to be purchased by non-Vehicle characters, and create an Adder that would allow it to function without the mass or the volume being taken up. If it's a bag, then it also gets the Focus Limitation.

I personally like the idea also of using a Vehicle with Shrinking, though technically the Shrinking would have to be UAA and bought with an Area Of Effect big enough to affect the vehicle and everything in it.

I personally like the idea also of using a Vehicle with Shrinking, though technically the Shrinking would have to be UAA and bought with an Area Of Effect big enough to affect the vehicle and everything in it.

Are you sure?

I thought that any self only vehicles powers automatically affected any passengers by default.

My thinking was that you could just put whatever you want into the vehicle based on its normal size (open bag) and then close the bag (shrinking). I don't think it could be used as a reliable attack though. Anyway, the purpose of the build was not so much about getting the points right for a character to purchase but rather how to define the artifact's physical properties (how much can it hold, how big is it when carried, how hard is it to damage, etc...)

Are you sure?

I thought that any self only vehicles powers automatically affected any passengers by default.

My thinking was that you could just put whatever you want into the vehicle based on its normal size (open bag) and then close the bag (shrinking). I don't think it could be used as a reliable attack though. Anyway, the purpose of the build was not so much about getting the points right for a character to purchase but rather how to define the artifact's physical properties (how much can it hold, how big is it when carried, how hard is it to damage, etc...)

I should have said technically you *might* have to do that. I agree that it's reasonable for Shrinking to work that way, but I can't recall a reference that says for sure.

If someone has TUV handy, the TARDIS homage may use Shrinking.

I should have said technically you *might* have to do that. I agree that it's reasonable for Shrinking to work that way, but I can't recall a reference that says for sure.

If someone has TUV handy, the TARDIS homage may use Shrinking.

Actually, the time machine in TUV uses extra size with IPE. I think either method is valid though.