Old School Meets New School (or the Return of the Verminax!)

MisterVimes

Last night my group finally (officially) formed a team and got government backing. They were deeded the land they wanted beneath the (real world) colonial fort in the area. When it came time to discuss contractors, the government agent recommended several options for building their base. During part of the conversation, he pulled out a huge pearl shaped object and mentioned the Verminax (see Mystic Masters if you don't know the full story). He then went on to other options.

The Mystic in the group made the necessary roll to know who the Verminax were and how to summon them. I looked on in utter disbelief as the party selected the Verminax Option... I mean, they'd been given photographsof what the Verminax DID when they built. Despite that, the team summoned the extra-dimensional builders who then (in my best horrible verminax negotiator voice) wheedled and argued with the team until a "Conntrrrrrrrrrrrrrract" was settled. Then the most disgusting array of descriptions began as the Verminax excreted, vomited, snotted and oozed the base into shape. 12 game hours later and the base was complete and the Egg (used as a bargaining chip) was in the Negotiator's forelimbs who then scuttled away after requesting/demanding that they be given a "Rrrrrrefrrrrrence!"

Man I love Champions.

One of the neatest things about being a long-time Champions player (and at least partial compensation for mounting grey hairs :( ) is being familiar with all the neat characters, gimmicks and concepts that have been put out for the game over more than twenty years. Some of this stuff has carried over into the latest official Champions Universe, of course, but there's so much still left to stea... er, adapt.

I'm planning to start a new campaign in the (mostly) official CU, but I'm bringing in a new group of villains who owe their origin to the Worm Scepter from Wrath of the Seven Horsemen. As a source of origins for interesting characters, and "radiation accidents", the Scepter has always been my favorite Mcguffin from the published Champions canon.