The New Circle

OddHat

Re: The New Circle

KILLER SHRIKE, PLEASE READ:

Killer Shrike, I am walking away now. This is it. This is your chance to get what you want -- Chuckg no longer talking about your characters.

And in return, you only have to do one thing -- no more posts talking about, mentioning, or even hinting at what a bad person I am.

If you can do that much, I stop talking about Gentleman Jim. Otherwise, I will continue to critique away here until I finally get bored and/or Ben slams my head into a locker.

Since you might possibly be working on a post right now, and won't see this post of mine until after I hit the 'Post' button, I won't immediately jump on your next one either. Instead, I'll wait a while for you to use the 'Edit' button and blank it out.

Is this fair?

Edit -- to clarify, you only have to stop talking about *me*, not about Champions.

Fine. Ill try to avoid you (as I have been doing for some time now), and hope that you will do the same vis a vis me.

Just to be very clear, I will interpret any comment from you on my content submissions to be a continuation of this. Hopefully you'll resist the urge to offer your advice to me in the future, since it clearly is not welcome.

Just to be very clear' date=' I will interpret any comment from you on my content submissions to be a continuation of this. Hopefully you'll resist the urge to offer your advice to me in the future, since it clearly is not welcome.[/quote']

Question -- does this mean that I'm not allowed to reply to any post that you make, ever?

That goes way beyond just 'letting it go' here. I will not continue the Gentleman Jim argument, but if I see something you post in the future that interests me, I will talk about it -- not to "be a continuation of this", but because we are here to discuss the game and things about the game.

Dude, I am not out to get you, OK?

So -- can we agree, I no more post about the Gentleman Jim argument, you no more talk about what a bad guy I am for posting about the Gentleman Jim argument?

Edit -- please delete the post of yours on the last page. The offer was, I stop talking about Gentleman Jim, you stop calling me names. Posting again about what a nasty person I am is breaking the offer.

I am /trying/ to let it go here, just like Kristopher suggested. But in order to do that, we both have to work together, and both have to give a little to get a little. I am not going to interpret 'agree to disagree' as 'I get to say nothing, you get to say WTF you feel like'.

So again... do we have a deal?

Question -- does this mean that I'm not allowed to reply to any post that you make, ever?

That goes way beyond just 'letting it go' here. I will not continue the Gentleman Jim argument, but if I see something you post in the future that interests me, I will talk about it -- not to "be a continuation of this", but because we are here to discuss the game and things about the game.

Chuck, you have nothing to say, ever, that I am interested in hearing, ever.

I will not post on your posts unless they specifically mention my name or content.

Please refrain from posting on my posts under the same fair use rules.

Any future communication will immediately devolve into thread wrecking argument, so lets just both agree to disagree and practice a doctrine of avoidance in the future, agreed?

Im putting you on ignore and suggest you do the same with me.

Edit -- please delete the post of yours on the last page. The offer was, I stop talking about Gentleman Jim, you stop calling me names. Posting again about what a nasty person I am is breaking the offer.

I am /trying/ to let it go here, just like Kristopher suggested. But in order to do that, we both have to work together, and both have to give a little to get a little. I am not going to interpret 'agree to disagree' as 'I get to say nothing, you get to say WTF you feel like'.

So again... do we have a deal?

That was posted before I read your offered truce. The agreement is a From This Point Forward arrangement.

> Chuck, you have nothing to say, ever, that I am interested in hearing, ever.

You just couldn't resist one last insult, could you?

All right, KS -- you want it that way, fine. Kristopher, I tried it your way -- twice -- and due to KS' rabid inability to let go of whatever grudge he's got, it failed -- twice.

I am not going to try it again.

KS? If I ever see any character of yours that I have questions about, I will post those questions and those critiques... and if you don't like it, tough. You can scream 'Unwelcome! Unwelcome!' ten thousand times, and I will keep on doing what I do, when I feel like doing it.

And you only have yourself to blame. You had your fair chances.

I tried making the offer to live and let live, and you only threw back fresh demands and stale attitude. Fine. Have it your way.

I consider my offer refused.

Edit -- and you can try the 'From This Point Forward' excuse on your last post, but not on this one... you *knew* the terms when you posted this time, and you still had to keep on going with the same old garbage.

Thats not an insult chuck, its a statement to clarify where I stand.

All right, KS -- you want it that way, fine. Kristopher, I tried it your way -- twice -- and due to KS' rabid inability to let go of whatever grudge he's got, it failed -- twice.

Its not a grudge Chuck. It's just simple dislike.

KS? If I ever see any character of yours that I have questions about, I will post those questions and those critiques... and if you don't like it, tough. I tried making the offer to live and let live, and you only threw back fresh demands and stale attitude. Fine. Have it your way.

Hey Chuck, I agreed to a total truce, comprehensively. If you choose to ignore it thats on you.

> Thats not an insult chuck, its a statement to clarify where I stand.

It was an insult... it was taken as an insult... and it will be an insult.

[snip]

> Hey Chuck, I agreed to a total truce, comprehensively.

The truce I offered had terms that we both had to live up to. You broke the terms. There is no truce.

I made you a fair offer that you immediately proceeded to spit on, and then you blame me? Chutzpah city.

I am not going to try it again.

KS? If I ever see any character of yours that I have questions about, I will post those questions and those critiques... and if you don't like it, tough. You can scream 'Unwelcome! Unwelcome!' ten thousand times, and I will keep on doing what I do, when I feel like doing it.

And you only have yourself to blame. You had your fair chances.

Pff. I agreed to a truce Chuck. Im not sure where you might think otherwise.

I consider my offer refused.
So when I accepted your truce, you interpret that as a refusal.

Thats interesting.

Edit -- and you can try the 'From This Point Forward' excuse on your last post, but not on this one... you *knew* the terms when you posted this time, and you still had to keep on going with the same old garbage.

What terms? You asked me whether I meant just regarding this one case or not, and I clarified that I meant forever and on all topics.

Not sure why that would push your hot button, but whatever.

Guest bblackmoor

I am /trying/ to let it go here' date=' just like Kristopher suggested. But in order to do that, we both have to work together...[/quote']

No, you don't. All you would have to do is stop.

> Thats not an insult chuck, its a statement to clarify where I stand.

It was an insult... it was taken as an insult... and it will be an insult.

[snip]

> Hey Chuck, I agreed to a total truce, comprehensively.

The truce I offered had terms that we both had to live up to. You broke the terms. There is no truce.

I made you a fair offer that you immediately proceeded to spit on, and then you blame me? Chutzpah city.

I didnt spit on it, Chuck. I agreed to it globally, and on all future subjects as well. There was no insult. How can someone who has said they dont like you pointing out that they dont want to talk to you, ever, be an insult? Its a statement of preference.

Sounds like youre the one backing out. Presumably your offer of a truce was a false one.

> What terms?

The terms that after I made the truce offer and you accepted it, you would post no more insulting comments.

And yet, you did. Your very "acceptance" contained insulting comments, for God's sake. Especially that one about how I'm not worth listening to at all.

In case you need it spelled out in kindergarten terms, the point of the truce was that I would lose my criticism if you would lose your attitude. You did not lose the 'tude.

> You asked me whether I meant just regarding this one case or not, and I

> clarified that I meant forever and on all topics.

Which by itself is the *other* violation of the terms -- I did not agree to slap a gag on my mouth forever after, and yet you demanded that as a condition. I proposed an agreement to disagree on Gentleman Jim, but you wanted 'Killer Shrike posts whatever he wants whenever he wants, and Chuckg never talks about it'.

It's called a "compromise" because both sides are giving something to get something. You gave nothing, and in return you wanted everything.

> Not sure why that would push your hot button, but whatever.

:nonp:

If I told you that you never said anything worth listening to, would you feel good about it?

Edit -- PS, you can call it 'accepting it globally', but that doesn't change what it really was -- 'trying to force a new deal instead of taking the one offered'.

No' date=' you don't. All you would have to do is stop.[/quote']

I already tried that, remember? Yesterday, with the kitten pics?

Even after that, Killer Shrike /still/ didn't stop.

So no, bblackmoor, you are wrong. Killer Shrike is the one who cannot let it go. I've tried to do that twice, and both times, KS kept right on posting with the personal attacks.

So go talk to him. Maybe he'll listen to you. Lord knows he isn't listening to anyone else right now.

> What terms?

The terms that after I made the truce offer and you accepted it, you would post no more insulting comments.

And yet, you did. Your very "acceptance" contained insulting comments, for God's sake. Especially that one about how I'm not worth listening to at all.

I said that I dont want to hear anything you have to say. That is not the same thing as saying you arent worth listening to at all. Get a grip.

In case you need it spelled out in kindergarten terms, the point of the truce was that I would lose my criticism if you would lose your attitude. You did not lose the 'tude.

What attitude? The only attitude I have is a refusal to allow you to browbeat me.

> You asked me whether I meant just regarding this one case or not, and I

> clarified that I meant forever and on all topics.

Which by itself is the *other* violation of the terms -- I did not agree to slap a gag on my mouth forever after, and yet you demanded that as a condition.

It's called a "compromise" because both sides are giving something to get something. You gave nothing, and in return you wanted everything.

On the contrary Chuck, I offered an even exchange. You would not respond to my posts, and I would not respond to yourse. Thats an even exchange.

> Not sure why that would push your hot button, but whatever.

:nonp:

If I told you that you never said anything worth listening to, would you feel good about it?

Since we dont get along anyway, and I dont care what you think, it wouldnt put me out any.

No' date=' you don't. All you would have to do is stop.[/quote']

But life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness are on the line!

Their honor and dignity!

Why in eariler times this would call for a MORTAL DUEL!

Oh, sometimes I just can't keep quiet...

Good comments from Kristopher and Bblackmoor, and, seriously, ChuckG and Killer Shrike, I'm sympathetic as NOBODY likes the feeling of being crapped on and taking it but ultimately either this thread will close or one of you has to do just that as the intertwining and timing of messages makes it nigh-impossible for someone not to continue to feel slighted. And if the thread is closed, you'll just go through this merry-go-round again if you don't find a way to admit "defeat", though I assure you that most onlookers really don't care who stops and I seriously doubt either of you will lose your standing (whatever that might be) in the eyes of the peanut gallery. And this is not real life, as much as it feels it sometime.

I say this after being embroiled in similar, not as someone who has avoided it all the time, either.

I already tried that, remember? Yesterday, with the kitten pics?

Even after that, Killer Shrike /still/ didn't stop.

So no, bblackmoor, you are wrong. Killer Shrike is the one who cannot let it go. I've tried to do that twice, and both times, KS kept right on posting with the personal attacks.

So go talk to him. Maybe he'll listen to you. Lord knows he isn't listening to anyone else right now.

Actually, chuck, I responded to your last post before the kittens, which touched you off again.

A) I read from oldest to newest so I didnt even see your silly kitten pics until AFTER I had posted.

B) Posting kittens doesnt give your previous posts response immunity.

C) You are the person on the attack. I was defending myself from your attacking posts.

Thats similar to the monguls riding in on a city and trying to behead someone and then giving out kittens and claiming they were unfairly attacked when they are repulsed by the defenders of the city. Then the Monguls say, Truce Truce! We'll leave, and when the City says, we'll agree to that if you stay gone and never return because we dont like you, the monguls say WHAT! Such insults! You spit on our truce! Youre a bad City!

So, whatever.

> I said that I dont want to hear anything you have to say. That is not the

> same thing as saying you arent worth listening to at all.

:rolleyes:

KS, you've told me only three times today that you do not respect me or my opinions at all, and you expect me to believe that *now*, you *didn't* mean it? Come on.

> Get a grip.

This is not a good way to try and show that you really didn't intend offense.

> What attitude? The only attitude I have is a refusal to allow you to

> browbeat me.

And now we're back to the part where KS defines any criticism of anything he posts as a personal attack and claims that all of his venom, all his vitriol, all his flaming and tantrums and ranting and raving and screaming and general immaturity are merely well-reasoned self-defense and polite behavior.

When will the futility of this approach *ever* become clear to you?

> On the contrary Chuck, I offered an even exchange.

It was not even remotely close to even.

> You would not respond to my posts, and I would not respond to yours.

> Thats an even exchange.

Not if you define "not responding" as "but I still get to post cheap shots about posts that Chuckg's already written".

It is not an even exchange where Killer Shrike can post whatever he feels like -- including fresh personal attacks at Chuckg -- and Chuckg is never allowed to talk about it. But that is what you tried to snag for yourself, under the illusion of a 'fair truce' or an 'even exchange'.

> Since we dont get along anyway, and I dont care what you think, it

> wouldnt put me out any.

:jawdrop:

So, posting about a character that you created is -- according to you -- harassment, heckling, and persecution -- but if I openly mocked the worth of your post content, that would just be good clean fun and you'd take no offense at all?

:rofl:

Well, on the plus side, at least I'm not so angry with you anymore. This is getting downright funny.

Guest bblackmoor

If I told you [Killer Shrike] that you never said anything worth listening to' date=' would you feel good about it?[/quote']

... wait for it...

Since we dont get along anyway' date=' and I dont care what you think, it wouldnt put me out any.[/quote']

Pow, out of the ballpark!

> A) I read from oldest to newest so I didnt even see your silly kitten pics

> until AFTER I had posted.

You had all night to delete your last post... remember, I didn't post again until the next day. That would have been a very nice gesture, totally indicative of a desire to let it go and make peace.

You didn't.

So, I posted a post complaining about "late hit". That and nothing more.

You still didn't.

> B) Posting kittens doesnt give your previous posts response immunity.

Ah, I see. No truce is possible until after Killer Shrike is finished talking anyway. *Then* there can be truce, but only after he's finished making all the cheap shots he wants to make, posting all the insults he wants to post, and finishing all the arguments he wants to finish.

At that point, he will generously allow the other party to continue shutting up and not posting back, while he moves on to whatever other posting fields of endeavor he feels appropriate.

Do you have /any/ idea of what the word "compromise" means? Hint -- it's not the word where you get everything you want and the other guy gets only what you feel like giving him.

> C) You are the person on the attack. I was defending myself from your

> attacking posts.

I have never attacked you until this afternoon, after the first failed truce and the repeated personal insults by you.

And even then, my 'attacks' have not gone beyond noting that you deal with criticism really, really poorly.

Let me try and emphasize again:

SIMPLY CRITICIZING A CHARACTER YOU WROTE IS NOT AN ATTACK.

You see simple criticism as an attack? That is wrong. That is a problem. That is a major emotional issue you need to deal with.

> Thats similar to the monguls riding in on a city and trying to behead

> someone and then giving out kittens and claiming they were unfairly

> attacked when they are repulsed by the defenders of the city.

Now criticizing one of your characters is morally equivalent to the Mongols sacking a city? I can't even /parody/ this, it's so out there.