Iron Man

ogier300

Okay, apologies for the site not getting an update recently. The day job has gotten "interesting", the part-time job doing freelance RPG writing has picked up, I've suddenly acquired a social life on Saturday nights, and I've been in a tizzy since I found out that Robin Laws (who I know!!!) is writing IRON MAN for the moment.

I've got a draft of the Mark V armor that needs tweaking (Rivet-head), and then I'll be doing the Classic armor up... which is going to be the most complicated conversion. I'll likely post a draft of that here, for comments and help working out some of the bugs.

And if you haven't picked it up, IRON MAN #65 was actually pretty good. Manages to work in just about everything you'd want from Iron Man short of a battle with an armor-clad Communist. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Iron Man

Originally posted by ogier300

Okay, apologies for the site not getting an update recently. The day job has gotten "interesting", the part-time job doing freelance RPG writing has picked up, I've suddenly acquired a social life on Saturday nights, and I've been in a tizzy since I found out that Robin Laws (who I know!!!) is writing IRON MAN for the moment.

I've got a draft of the Mark V armor that needs tweaking (Rivet-head), and then I'll be doing the Classic armor up... which is going to be the most complicated conversion. I'll likely post a draft of that here, for comments and help working out some of the bugs.

And if you haven't picked it up, IRON MAN #65 was actually pretty good. Manages to work in just about everything you'd want from Iron Man short of a battle with an armor-clad Communist. :)

At the risk of posting these all over the place, have you seen this?

MSHRPG Weapon Locker PDF

It's a PDF of the old Marvel Superhero RPG Weapon Locker book. It have a variety of Shellhead's armors, Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, Guardsman... etc...

It mightbe of help... or it might be redundant.

*laugh*

Yeah, I snagged it from your other post of it. It's relevant, though I also have the old binder-ready Marvel SuperHeroes stuff, plus the Marvel SAGA Avengers book and the Handbook and Deluxe Handbook entries to look at.

I just need to dig up a copy of the Iron Manual, and they need to put out a 2nd volume of the Essential Iron Man...

Originally posted by ogier300

*laugh*

Yeah, I snagged it from your other post of it. It's relevant, though I also have the old binder-ready Marvel SuperHeroes stuff, plus the Marvel SAGA Avengers book and the Handbook and Deluxe Handbook entries to look at.

I just need to dig up a copy of the Iron Manual, and they need to put out a 2nd volume of the Essential Iron Man...

Ah... But wasn't there a time (Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Dick Ayers, Gene Colan, David Micheline, John Romita jr., Bob Layton) that ALL Iron Man comics were essential? *sigh*

Originally posted by Agent X

I hope the Iron Man movie is wondrous but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I've always thought Tony Stark was a character in need of one of those legendary collaborative teams to get on the title.

I just don't think he's ever been written close to his potential.

I dunno. David Micheline, John Romita jr. and Bob Layton were a pretty amazing team.

The whole Justin Hammer Storyline, the Alchoholism Storyline, Tony and Doom in King Arthur's Court... Great days.

Of course J. Michael Strazynski or maybe Kevin Smith would be my dream team.

Originally posted by MisterVimes

And Joss (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Whedon is the front runner as Director... :D

That's a good thing

Sorry to tell you this Mister Vimes, but Whedon dropped out of the project back in November. It was dead in the water for a while but now is being looked at by the people who did Blade over at New Line Cinema.

Go to http://www.superherohype.com for more information.

The difficult part will be when you get to the War Machine armor. Not the varient that Rhodey used, but Tony's. According to The Iron Manual it was equipted with a tac Nuke level missile! The Imperial Khan did create this armor for 4th Ed. just the nuke alone came to 1909 points! Created according to the information on nuclear weapons from Hero System Almanac II it pushed Iron man's cost well over 3000 pts.

Of course as Tony never actually used it you could always just ignore it.

Just buy the nuke as 50 points of PRE for threatening purposes. Does almost the same job because, really, I can't imagine very many times when it would be used at times other than a bluff (and you're GM will be happier) You can further bring the cost down by putting it on 1 charge so you don't go around threatening everyone with a nuke (even if you're not tempted to be a monger like that, it should be reserved for special circumstances).

Originally posted by TheImperialKhan

Sorry to tell you this Mister Vimes, but Whedon dropped out of the project back in November. It was dead in the water for a while but now is being looked at by the people who did Blade over at New Line Cinema.

Go to http://www.superherohype.com for more information.

Sad:(

But at least there is still life... and the Blade team gives me confidence

Sad:(

But at least there is still life... and the Blade team gives me confidence

True enough. I haven't seen Blade II, but I've seen the first one and thought it was pretty good.

Still I wish it were being done by the folks who did Spider-man, or myself for that matter. I worry about what someone else might do to the Armor.

Blade II had some problems. I was in a pretty good frame of mind for seeing it so I was able to look past them. I think there were two serious logic problems, but it's certainly worth renting. (But I should warn you, I rented The Punisher as well...)

I really wanted the one actor who had played Cat on Red Dwarf to do something like "This is mine, and this is mine..." or "I'm going to get you little fishy" oh well.:D

Not on your life!

I big part of the casting will depend on the script being written and who the villian is.

But I actually liked Tom Cruise for the part. Put a moustache on him and he comes pretty close. I wish he were taller but you can't have everthing. And he's already expressed interest in the role.

But that's an interesting question - How do you see in the Armor of Iron Man?

Originally posted by lemming

Blade II had some problems. I was in a pretty good frame of mind for seeing it so I was able to look past them. I think there were two serious logic problems, but it's certainly worth renting. (But I should warn you, I rented The Punisher as well...)

So did I :o

And worse.

I rented that awful Captain America movie, you know, the one with Italian Red Skull :o :o :o

Not on your life!

I big part of the casting will depend on the script being written and who the villian is.

But I actually liked Tom Cruise for the part. Put a moustache on him and he comes pretty close. I wish he were taller but you can't have everthing. And he's already expressed interest in the role.

But that's an interesting question - How do you see in the Armor of Iron Man?

eh... Tom Cruise... not my favorite actor. But after Minority report I might be able to handle it.... afterall I found Michael Keaton credible as Batman.

So did I :o

And worse.

I rented that awful Captain America movie, you know, the one with Italian Red Skull :o :o :o

WORSE. I saw the bootleg of the Fantastic Four... :eek:

The Thing was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Dr. Doom got his butt kicked by Reed's stretch punch...

*Picture this*... Camera angel from behind reed. *SPROING* his fist slowly covers the five feet to Doom's chin. Doom's head snaps back... Repeat 8 times... *SHUDDER*

WORSE. I saw the bootleg of the Fantastic Four... :eek:

The Thing was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Dr. Doom got his butt kicked by Reed's stretch punch...

*Picture this*... Camera angel from behind reed. *SPROING* his fist slowly covers the five feet to Doom's chin. Doom's head snaps back... Repeat 8 times... *SHUDDER*

I am really, Really, REALLY glad that I didn't see this!!!

Dr. Doom is The Imperial Khan's Hero you know.

After Iron Man of course.

Actually I got the idea for character of the Imperial Khan from a re-imagining of Dr. Doom that some guys at marvel were toying with a few years ago. I just wish I could find the damned picture somewhere. :mad:

I am really, Really, REALLY glad that I didn't see this!!!

Dr. Doom is The Imperial Khan's Hero you know.

After Iron Man of course.

Actually I got the idea for character of the Imperial Khan from a re-imagining of Dr. Doom that some guys at marvel were toying with a few years ago. I just wish I could find the damned picture somewhere. :mad:

Was it called Doom? Do you remember who was working on it?

Yeah, he was still called Doom. The basic idea was kind of a "What if" scenario. The what if being what if you were creating these classic characters today for the first time? What would they be like?

Doom was a desert warlord in the Middle East rather than a Dictator of a tiny eastern European nation. His Armor was bigger and heavier looking and he carried a scimitar as well.

They showed some artwork in the back of their existing titles for a few months but that's all that came of it.

I know I've got the issues around here some place. The problem is finding them.