More space news!

tkdguy

9 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

I think that pic encompasses the whole of the M87 galaxy -- the bright tail sprouting rightwards from the core matches pretty well with the central jet in visible light pics I've seen. Also, the above image is in the X-ray spectrum.

Ok... so that is all of M87? Ok... that kinda makes sense, but also seems small... maybe because we are only seeing X-ray sources.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

With everything we learn, new mysteries will be found. And I love that. On the one hand, it reminds us how little we truly understand. On the other, that reminder spurs us to keep striving to discover.

Truer words have never been spoken! :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

With everything we learn, new mysteries will be found. And I love that. On the one hand, it reminds us how little we truly understand. On the other, that reminder spurs us to keep striving to discover.

6 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Truer words have never been spoken! :thumbup:

"We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance."

--- John Wheeler