from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: Firewing

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

However, Firewing is not a "martial artist" as the term is usually defined on Earth, not to mention a non-human from another planet; the Watchers of the Dragon who direct the Tournament would be unlikely to invite him to participate. The Watchers might request the help of powerful PC heroes to restrain Firewing before he incapacitates any more potential champions. Furthermore, any PCs participating in the Tournament may have to help defend the site from a Firewing incensed at being excluded and determined to crash the competition!

OTOH, Firewing *is* capable of kicking the Death Dragon's butt, provided that he gets a little more Mental Defense... which Dr. Yin Wu is capable of providing.

And the whole objective of the Tournament *is* to find the warrior who can defeat the Death Dragon. It's only been martial artists because for several millennia, that's all that were available to show up.

Hmmm... possible plot seed about the ramifications of the first Tournament of the Dragon to be held in the modern superhero age... or even the explanation for why the Tournament seems no longer to be held by the days of the Terran Empire?

Re: Re: Firewing

Originally posted by Chuckg

OTOH, Firewing *is* capable of kicking the Death Dragon's butt, provided that he gets a little more Mental Defense... which Dr. Yin Wu is capable of providing.

And the whole objective of the Tournament *is* to find the warrior who can defeat the Death Dragon. It's only been martial artists because for several millennia, that's all that were available to show up.

Valid points. There is one complication, though: supposedly the nation of the winner of the Tournament will be blessed by the gods as the preeminent nation on Earth. The implications of a Malvan winning might be disturbing, to say the least. :eek:

Originally posted by Chuckg

Hmmm... possible plot seed about the ramifications of the first Tournament of the Dragon to be held in the modern superhero age... or even the explanation for why the Tournament seems no longer to be held by the days of the Terran Empire?

This is one of those tricky issues behind the "magic behind superpowers" rationale underlying the current CU timeline. What happens to all these magical phenomena and entities that supposedly continue to exist over the centuries, during times of waning magic as during the Terran Empire period? Does the Tournament of the Dragon simply go on "hold" when magic is low?

> The implications of a Malvan winning might be disturbing, to

> say the least.

Good Lord. It might reverse the curse of the Elder Worm that's kept the Malvans locked in decadence!

Of course, it might be a restriction that the Death Dragon's defeat only counts if it is at the hands of a citizen of Earth... which means Firewing would have to "go native" here in order to compete.

OTOH, it still lets Ironclad in, as he *has* accepted permanent residency here IIRC.

Here's one right up Teleios' alley:

Garenteed To Drive The Ladies Wild: A company that makes men's hygene products has started marketing a new deodorant body spray for men called "Incubus", which is allegedly enhanced with highly potent "human alpha-male pheremones". Incubus becomes infamous after the company makes outlandish and highly contraversial product claims in their ads that infuriate femenist groups and net them record-breaking sales. As it turns out, the product actually works as advertised....alittle too well, infact. As more and more men buy and use the spray, the streets are soon overrun with lust-crazed "beast women".

After a little browsing the Viper book I came up with this:-

Everyone Knows it's Windy

Viper kidnap the team's resident mystic or a mystic NPC friend of the team. Investigation reveals that a number of recent Viper plans have been foiled by inexplicable winds. Is a new wind using hero/heroine evading their detection or is Bora back with a vengeance ?

The Sidewinder sleeps tonight.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle

See Viper flex their might

In the jungle, the quiet jungle

Witch doctors see their plight

A Wim away etc

Hush my people ! Don't fear my people !

Sidewinder sleeps tonight

Hush my people ! Don't fear my people !

All Viper sleeps tonight

A Wim away etc

Viper kidnap some people close to the team. If the team go to darkest Africa and rescue/revive Viper personnel including Viper, their friends go free. But what were Viper up to in the first place and what exactly took down Sidewinder and friends ?

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Arandmoor_Keet

I thought I'd dig up one of my favorite threads...

C'mon...it's been four months...

surely people can come up with some new stuff :D

Arandmoor

:cool:

Want some new stuff?? How 'bout a couple of ideas that's been running in my head and are listed in the Coming soon

list. I'll post ASAP.

Black Mamba

I don't remember where I got the idea for this adventure. I think it was loosely build around a plot line in a published product, but it's been years.

Black Mamba vs. King Cobra

Black Mamba as a dark hero/antihero was one of my favorite characters. The story I did for my campaing I think was the best centered around Mamba and Cobra. King Cobra was going to release a mutagenic compound into the water supply to turn everyone into snake that he could control. Black Mamba got wind of it before the players and started hiring people to help him steal technology(including some potential dangerous prototypes)to help him develop a treatment/cure for the mutagen. I deliberately placed one well known killer on the roster(who Mamba was stringing along) to give the players something else to worry about. One potential complication for the players(which happened to my group) is that if they come in hard and fast they run the risk of fighting Mamba's group in the lab, which could(and in this case did) result in the destruction of Mamba's work...

Heroes:

My favourites are Hermit's GRAB, Lord Liaden's Jimmy Dugan, and Carl Sagan's 'You just won a date with FOXBAT!'

ISTVATHA V'HAN, OUR HERO

Istvatha V'han makes a peaceful visit to a troubled third world country and, in exchange for their joining her empire, she offers to raise their quality of life beyond any other country's on Earth. Is this a sincere offer? What happens if she gets a legitimate foothold on Earth? Will other countries join by free choice, by being conquered, or by secret manipulation? Will she name her league of nations 'The IV League'? If super villains attack the empire, what will the heroes do? If Istvatha V'han eventually gains control of the world, peacefully or by force, will the heroes serve the new regime or become super rebels?

THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG

Cheshire Cat discovers that the old man supporting GRAB is actually a front for Dr. Destroyer. At the same moment, Dr. Destroyer discovers the discovery, and only Cheshire Cat's Teleportation saves him. Wounded and fearing Dr. Destroyer has preparations in case of this event, Cheshire Cat does not go back to base but directly to the PCs. He asks them to fetch the other GRAB members and give them all sanctuary, but he is too injured to help. How will the heroes convince the other GRAB members to come quietly? Has Dr. Destroyer already fed the GRAB members another story, or arranged an 'office visit' for them? Was the old man really in league with Dr. Destroyer from the start? If Dr. Destroyer seems too much, use DEMON, PSI, or another.

FOXBAT, EMPEROR OF A BILLION DIMENSIONS

In CKC, there is a plot seed where Istvatha V'han falls in love with a PC. What if she fell in love with Foxbat?

Does anyone have any stories involving Foxbat and Captain Chronos? I imagine Foxbat having a new scheme and Captain Chronos saying it needs to succeed.

Cheers

Waterfront

One of the ecological type heroes on your team (you don't have one of those?) One of the Aquatic based members of our team, no? Shore Patrol DNPC? you decide... A rise in certain bacteria is rising at an alamingly high rate, and Stingray has been spotted in the area...However, fathoms below the surface, VIPER is building/rebuilding an underwater base and the bi-products of the construction is causing the disruption in the undersea ecosystem. Will the heroes discover yet another base? Or will they be under the false impression that Stingray is involved? Or will they chase down even more *red herrings*, before, or even if, they discover the base

The following are based off the encounter my PC's just had with...

The Protectors

Doc Sonic

Doc Sonic approaches the PC's asking for help on something she describes as "a personal matter". She asks them to investigate the disappearance of Silver Streak, a nova (person with super-powers) who has not been seen since 7:43PM EST August 25, 1997. Concurrently, she wants them to see if they can find any references to a hated villain named The Disruptor *before* this date AND to determine the whereabouts of a popular, long-time male good guy appropriate to your campaign (but not one of the PC's) around that time.

PC's that think to check the date will realize this is not quite a week before Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed were killed -- by the Disruptor (unless having them murdered by this character contradicts your campaign world). Obviously Doc Sonic thinks there's a connection, but why is she farming it out?

General. The Protectors recently captured Tesseract (CKC) -- and were forced to turn her over to PRIMUS. PRIMUS contacts the team and asks/orders them to find and re-arrest Tesseract immediately and covertly -- the public must not learn she's on the loose. Do the PC's accept? What's so urgent about this mission? It's obvious there's some kind of subtext but why?

Silverfist. The Protectors send an urgent message to your team -- especially the team gadgeteer if appropriate. It seems that the Protectors and Ravagers have had a confrontation, and that Silverfist took a direct hit from the Disruptor's "Gremlin Ray" -- shutting down all his systems. Although they thought they were able to repair him, it seems that his self-repair functions have gone beserk and are tearing him apart again. They need the PC's help in acquiring materials or expertise (whichever is most appropriate for you team) while they keep him alive and guard their other wounded.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

The new challenge is:

For someone else to post a plot seed. Preferably about someone we have yet to cover like Hummingbird or Cheshire Cat for example.

Okay, it's been awhile, and I confess I lost a bit of interest when it drifted away from the 5E Universe (Nothing personal, just that's the one I use) but I'll take a stab. Oh, and Foxx had a Cheshire Cat one above, nice.

Cheshire Cat

1) Curiosity Woke the Dragon: Cheshire Cat loves his teleportation powers, but he's prouder still of his martial prowess. After all, he worked hard for them.There's little he likes more than proving his superiority over other martial artists in masks. Imagine his surprise when as he gets ready to challenge one (Green Dragon makes a good canidate) he hears of some Tournament of the Dragon and ultimate fight? Deciding he's GOT to get in on this, he seeks out and finds the a location said to lead to this 'dragon'. It's sealed, and seemingly impregnable as "the time is not yet right". Pshaw, that's no barrier to a teleporter. Cheshire Cat, at the height of one of his confident moodswings decides just to teleport in. Seeing what awaits him, he quickly gets the heck out of there... but the Dragon follows. The time is indeed, "not right" and the Death Dragon is loose before the Fates decreed. The PCs must find a way to trick the Dragon back to the temple, a way that may require the same cat who foolishly let it out in the first place!

2) Can't Buy Me Love: A variation on the second plot seed of pg. 85 in CKC, Cheshire Cat's Ex discovers that her former husband recently scored and scored big. Her mercenary little heart decides to seduce him so she can share the wealth, and none of the risk. She attempts to convince the PCs that she is sincere in her love, and needs their help to 'rehabilitate' him. Should they fall for it, she'll either arrange for his capture (after learning from him where his loot is kept), or betray the heroes to live the high life while letting Robert do the dirty work. She might even wean him away from GRAB. Naturally, the ladies of GRAB are more likely to see her for the gold digger she is but besmitten Robert is deaf to their hints. Can the PCs figure out the ruse? And what happens when/if Cheshire discovers his heart is being played with? He's got a code vs killing, but his revenge might be terrible nonetheless.

3) Reactor S.O.S. Cheshire Cat used to be a Nuclear Reactor tech. They really haven't changed that much, and his identity is public. When a group of Terrorists realize that his blend of knowledge and powers mean he can infiltrate any reactor in America and sabatoge it for them, they decide to enlist his aid. Knowing he's 'squeemish', they get some leverage. Perhaps his ex wife, perhaps a fellow GRAB member, and hold her hostage. Now Cat is trapped, he won't kill.. especially on that grand a scale, yet he has to save the hostage while under the terrorists' watchful eyes. If they spot him trying to contact the heroes, they'll surely kill the hostage and run. Cat hits on a plan, in the days before the terrorist act will be required, he goes on a crime spree that's bigger than he's ever been on... leaving hints and clues all the way. Can the PCs put the pieces together and help Robert out, or will he be forced to risk a loved one rather than kill millions?

More GRAB solo seeds : Hummingbird

Hummingbird

1) I Spy With My Little Eye: Thefts have been down lately, GRAB is in a lull. Hummingbird is bored, bored, bored. She tries to occupy herself with minor robbery, where she meets a 'mysterious stranger' who offers to pay her big bucks if she'll just spy on local superheroes, and find out their secret identies. Incredibly curious by nature anyways, Hummingbird eagerly agrees! After all, who could be hurt? The answer is, of course, a lot of people. As Hummingbird makes her reports, NPC superheroes end up captured, blackmailed, or just plain dead- And her none the wiser since she's already moving on to the next one. The PCs need to find out who's the spy, and stop her; if they don't, they're probably on the list further down themselves! And who is this ruthless 'stranger' anyways?

2) I've Shrunk, and I Can't Grow Up!: On their latest robbery, GRAB ends up getting hit by some chemicals. The others are fine, but Hummingbird discovers she is stuck small! Sure, it's fun when it's a choice, but no one wants to be small all the time; now she's in a panic. Her GRAB mates assure her they'll find a cure, but none of them have an expertise in this sort of thing. Hummingbird must either kidnap (a harder crime than she's ever done) renowned scientists to help her, or go to the PCs for help if one of them is known to have the knowledge she needs. Will the PCs help her out, or just introduce her to the world's smallest Stronghold cell?

3) Cry Father ! Stealing never hurts anyone, right? Melissa decides to have a real blast and rob her own parents blind. It's probably a subconcious desire to get them to pay attention to her (even if it's in her supervillain I.D.). She handles this one solo, as she's almost sure Black Diamond would 'yadda yadda' about hitting too close to home. Quick as a lark, she begins her purloining, only to find out her dad is actually home. She flees, mocking him all the way as she swoops over the stairs. Her father gives chase... and falls. There's a horrid 'snap' sound and Hummingbird must now deal with the consequences of her actions about a father she loved, even if she barely knew him. Torn apart, she's seemingly inconsolable. Will she turn herself in? Will she become a superhero to make amends? Will she hide from responsiblity and become even more jaded? Karma shouldn't be this cruel.

Black Diamond (More solo GRAB)

Black Diamond

1) A Poor Rolemodel: As an African-American woman with super powers, B.D. is definitely a minority to say the least. That aside, her race is not something that she really dwells on. Imagine her surprise when a black super hero (Kinetik or Commando Rubberbando are good for this use) describe her as a "Poor Rolemodel" on TV. Stung, more than she thought she'd be by such a comment, Black Diamond decides she's going to do more for the Black Community than any hero ever did... and she'll do it her way. She begins a one woman crime spree, targetting clubs that discourage minority membership, KKK members, and anyone else she considers racist and robbing them blind. She then donates the money to various college funds for minority scholarships, or helping to revitalize community centers. Her powers do not, however, include telepathy, and she's bound to make mistakes in her judgement. Besides, theft is theft, even if it is Robin Hood style. Can the PCs stop her, even if they may feel some sympathy?

2) Drowning In Your Eyes: While doing a solo robbery by the docks, Maxine ends up encountering the PCs. Realizing she's out matched, she makes a hasty run for it, only to fall through a weak board, and start to sink into the harbor floor. The PCs have to save her, and pull her out as her own weight will surely drown her. One of them may even have to do Mouth To Mouth on her (Not a large sacrifice, she's an attractive woman). She comes up coughing, and realizes that these people just saved her. What's more, gratitude mingles with her typical impulsive nature and she begins to see one of the male PCs in a new more romantic light. Very alarmed by these feelings, Black Diamond now has to deal with them. Will she try to strike up a romance while staying a GRAB member? Will she try to go straight? Or will she try to quelch these new feelings of affection by making the guy's life miserable so he'll be a jerk again? Ah, romance.

3) The Trade: The rest of GRAB has bitten off more than they can chew, and been captured by some really bad guys. Black Diamond comes to the PCs and offers a trade, "Free them, and I'll turn myself in." She refuses to turn the others in, as she won't sell them out, but having her go to jail will surely weaken GRAB (Rash or no, she's the closest thing to a leader they've got in the field) and since she's agreeing to serve her time, there will be no escape attempts. Or will there? It could be a ruse, with the whole thing as a set up. How much trust are the PCs willing to risk?

Blue Jay Solo

Blue Jay

1) The Spare: Lisa designed the suit, and feels no guilt about reclaiming/stealing it from McNeil (well, maybe a bit of guilt, stupid fire). She had thought the prototype of the suit was destroyed and that she possessed the only one (as well as the plans for it's design). However, when news of a new costumed "Hitwoman for Hire" hits the streets, using the name Shrike, and battle armor that looks all too familiar, Blue Jay is no longer sure. Worse yet, some people maybe mistaking one for the other, and Blue Jay has a bad enough reputation as it is. Determined to get her technology out of the hands of a killer, she girds up for battle with the more ruthless Shrike. When the PCs stumble into the middle of an aerial battle, can she convince them to help, or at least butt out till it's done?

2) "I'm Innocent! Of that anyways...": Blue Jay has a bad rep and a lot of unluck. She's never been seen blatantly killing anyone though... until now. News crews catch a blurred image of a flying figure streaking past someone, and breaking the neck at full speed before rushing off again. The colors match the costume of Blue Jay, and many are eager to jump to conclusions. Not wanting to endanger GRAB by leading those after her to them, Blue Jay instead comes and beseeches the PCs for help proving she's not the killer everyone thinks she is. It's a frame up! But who would do such a thing, and why? (Possible tie in with 'The Spare').

3) A Wish For Wings That Work: The PCs finally get the resources (and exp?) to purchase a team vehicle. The problem, a lot of these guys don't work cheap, and any PC inventor doing the work solo will be out of game play for a time. Fortunately, they discover via internet or contact a talented (and currently unemployed) aeronautical engineer named Lisa Anderson. Assuming they call on her, Lisa will be stunned. She's not used to super heroes meeting her in her secret identity, and (assuming she doesn't panic and blow her cover) will be highly flattered at the offer, enough to put aside her typical greed. She might even start to like the super heros, and if they ask her to stay on as staff, consider it. Will the PCs notice their new friend is never around when GRAB is robbing someone blind? How will they react if they find out who Lisa really is? Lisa herself may grow so fond of the heroes that she grows tempted to join them fully.

Gigaton

This overlap more than I'd like but... here are some seeds for Dr. Destroyer's right hand man

Gigaton

1) Never Leave a Man Behind: After studying Gigaton all this time, Dr. Destroyer feels confident he can take the remaining coma victims of Project Sunburst and awaken them. Soon he'll have an entire squadron of atomic powered beings. He chooses to send Gigaton to break into the area they are held, and retrive them. Inside of Tom Colt's subconcious is concern for these men. He wants to help them, but he doesn't want to see them reduced to fodder. For the first time in a long time, Gigaton is suffering a crisis of loyality. Given his total dedication to Destroyer, he'll end up carrying out this mission, unless the PCs can stop him, and sense this chance to sway him.

2) Thin Line: Gigaton is about in his secret identity, when he spots the woman who was once his fiance. She sees him as well, and begs him to stay with her. He has a duty to the Doctor first and foremost, yet her presence sends out messages at odds with his brainwashing. He flees her, and over the next few nights tries to resolve what to do about her before finally deciding she must die, she's causing him to fail the Doctor. The PCs will recieve a phone call from this woman later, "He's after me, help..." and find that one of the most powerful and reclusive of Dr. Destroyer's servants is out to kill what seems to be a perfectly ordinary woman. Why she's not dead already is a mystery, for Gigaton seems suddenly incompetent when it comes to the coup de grace. Could it be some part of him within resists this? And what will the Doctor think of this?

3) Mentonian Canidate: Dr. Destroyer has methods to protect his own mind from Menton's attacks, but his Lackey is not so guarded. Menton has a proposal for the PCs. He reccomends they help him distract Gigaton in battle. During this, Menton claims he'll undo Dr. Destroyer's brainwashing. What Menton really wants to do is turn Gigaton into a time bomb ready to betray the Doctor when he appears weakest, but it will be up to the PCs to prevent their rescue from turning into a double dupe. It's entirely possible that Menton will free Gigaton, but not have time to do the rest. Used by Destroyer as a pawn, betrayed by the Military, and having lost years of his life, Gigaton maybe come an independent threat to society out of sheer bitterness.

Wow, thanks for all the work Hermit! I'll have to look through in more detail later tonight, I don't use HERO characters but from what I saw there are certainly good usable ideas mostly easily adaptable. Thanks!

Thanks Zornwil, in the mean time, here are seeds for Dr. Destroyer's left hand man...

Rakasha

1) Use Your Delusion: In order to remove a thorn from Dr. Destroyer's side and get in good with his boss (and because it's fun to betray), Rakasha creates an alternate identity of a super hero mentalist called 'Delusion' (hiding the fact he has shapechanging powers). He tries to get a good reputation as an honest hero, and to befriend the PC team. If he can work it, he'll even try to get them to invite him to join their team. 'Delusion' will prove to be very useful on a few misions, but in the mean time will gather all the data he can. Then he'll start to use his powers to turn one team mate against the other, hoping to cause the group to break up without ever knowing why. Fortunately for the PCs, Rakasha is just the sort to underestimate loyalty and friendship.

2) The Fist of Kali: Imagine the PC's surprise when a crime wave consisting of dangerous Thugees who are of a fringe fanatic cult of Kali come to their city to commit everything from murder of select officials, to robberies of high tech research. Each one is willing to die before betraying a secret, but if the PCs can trace it back, they will eventually wing their way to a remote location in India. It would appear Kali herself is reborn and directing the cult, or so Telepathy of their memories will show.

When the PCs find the 'goddess', they discover it is actually Rakasha in disquise. Can they expose him, and end his hold on this army of killers?

3) When Tigers Fight in Shadow : Nothing obvious on the super scenes, but in the streets whispers go on about crime bosses giving odd orders that start whole gang wars, and other movers and shakers commiting apparent suicide. Hit men are hired for targets that make no sense. It's in the underbelly of the city, but innocent people are increasingly endangered. In a complex tangle of skullduggery, the PCs discover that there is a shadowwar, between Rakasha, and ... someone with similar powers if not identical ones. Who is the other, and why are he(she?) and Rakasha doing their level best to kill each other?

• 2 months later...

Who is Dreamstar? and Power Princess? Power Queen? Please enlighten?

Dreamstar POWERQUEEN &Power Princess are three of my characters created for my CHS campaign in yahoo groups

here's the background on each of them:

DREAMSTAR

She's a Magic girl/Teen Mystic with magic powers and devices derived from the DReamzone. She sometimes uses magic sand to put her opponents to sleep,but uses a crystal scepter for spells and firing magic blasts.

PowerQueen & PowerPrincess:

The WonderWoman and WonderGirl of the Champions Universe.

Super strentgh,speed,and flight powers. the current PowerPrincess is a member of the current Team Alpha. The Current PowerQueen received her powers from the First PowerQueen in the 1950's&60's.

Executive Sanction doesn't seem to exist yet in the 5E Champions Universe, but PRIMUS does, so a bit for one of the Allies characters....

Silver Avenger Rackham

(For those of you who don't have Allies, Rackham is the sort of fellow who has always come in second best, but is otherwise a fairly standard Silver Avenger.)

Silver Threats Against the Gold : The Golden Avenger has had several narrow escapes from death in the last few days, both direct attacks by supervillains and boobytraps. Whoever is doing this seems to have way too much inside information, and is therefore probably a member of PRIMUS itself. GA has noted Rackham's surly attitude towards him, and thinks Rackham the most likely suspect, but in order to avoid internal leaks, asks the player characters to look into the possibility for him.

Full Court Press : This one is primarily for campaigns where the heroes are protecting a second- or third-tier city, as opposed to NYC, LA or Millenium City. Rackham is now the Silver Avenger assigned to said city. Obviously, this assignment is far below his capabilities. Something must be done. What Rackham decides to do is absolutely crush supercrime in the city, by any means semi-legally available to him. And do it quickly. That should impress the brass enough to get him a real assignment.

Harrison Bergeron Lives : A raid against DEMON yields a bunch of prisoners, and a "lucky charm" that Silver Avenger Rackham feels compelled to pick up. It makes him feel more competent. What he doesn't know is that it does so by making sure that no one around Rackham is better than he is--at anything. (a large Suppress vs. Everything, Area Effect Radius, Invisible Effects, 0 END Persistent, "Only to bring Characteristics, Powers, Skills and Talents down to equal with bearer's.") DEMON's original plan was to trick one of the PCs' wimpier friends (Incompetent DNPC by choice) into wearing the charm, then attack while they were depowered. But Rackham will have to do. Oh, and the charm's powers don't work against extra-dimensional beings such as demons.

SKJAM!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/skjam

GROND:

The PC's are called into stop a Grond Rampage....

Grond is one of my favorite bricks! :rockon: Add this to your scenarios involving Grond (a previous GM of mine did): Grond will stop fighting for Ho-Ho's. He'll even hug you if you give him Twinkies. After the heroes discover this, so eventually does Foxbat. The next time the heroes face Grond, Foxbat is rewarding him with snack after snack. :nya: