Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

quote:Originally posted by Enforcer84:

It was owned by a half orc. He allowed anyone of any race in his bar as long as they behaved. Heads of those unable to comply with this bylaw adorned the inn. The players were ushered there by locals who sent all the potential trouble makers there.

As a Storyteller myself, I can see that that inn is a very cool place, and you were a genius for thinking it up. However, in my role as player in all D&D games (I have problems with games that actually expect you to understand and abide by all rules, therefore I do not run D&D or Champions, although I will play either game), I sure hope I never run into it.

Oh, by the way, Klytus (the DM) is already threatening me/us (heads up, DocMan) with an inn like it in Greyhawk... Thanks a lot, dude.

Originally posted by White Heat

Oh, by the way, Klytus (the DM) is already threatening me/us (heads up, DocMan) with an inn like it in Greyhawk... Thanks a lot, dude.

::smirks:: Well, I figured on calling the place "The Screaming Viking". Only it wouldn't be run by a half-orc, but rather a very high-level retired Barbarian with his greataxe on the wall behind the bar. So long as the axe stays up there, all is well.

Champs campaign; Assault, the team-leader brick/martial artist wants to try out an attack on Black Ice, the team's teleporting brick/energy-projector.

Assault: Hold still.

Black Ice: Why don't you ever try out your attacks on him? (points at Harrier, super-genius/gadgeteer)

Assault: Because you'll take the damage better than him.

Black Ice: No I won't!

Harrier: How do you figure?

Black Ice: I won't take any damage if he hits you!

Pretty gritty

We are playing a Black Ops game.The group consists of an ex-green beret(Core),a sniper(God),Hack our computer geek,Silicone demo guy,Waki ex-Yakuza,Sonny ex-hitman for the mob,and Lance our weapon guy.We were hired to assassinate a Jewish mob leader.We were going to do the job but someone beat us to it.

We entered his mansion and discovered another team there.Ok here is the quote:

GM to Sonny,Waki and Core:"You enter the master bedroom and hear sniffles from the closet."

Sonny to Waki"Go check it out."

Waki goes over and checks it out.Several things fall out of the closet.He sees a 13 yr old girl in there hiding.

Player to GM-I shoot her between the eyes.

We were all pretty dumbfounded by this but oh well.

Re: Pretty gritty

Originally posted by The Vaultdweler

We are playing a Black Ops game.The group consists of an ex-green beret(Core),a sniper(God),Hack our computer geek,Silicone demo guy,Waki ex-Yakuza,Sonny ex-hitman for the mob,and Lance our weapon guy.We were hired to assassinate a Jewish mob leader.We were going to do the job but someone beat us to it.

GM to Sonny,Waki and Core:"You enter the master bedroom and hear sniffles from the closet."

Waki goes over and checks it out.Several things fall out of the closet.He sees a 13 yr old girl in there hiding.

That's not cool.

Hmm, reminds me of the character I played in a Merc game. Secretary's would keep saying "You can't go in there!" Well, at least that's what they tried to say. However, this wasn't a surprise in that particular game.

Sounds like it in this one. Though even in the campaign my character was in, the character would be in severe trouble. Getting rid of a source of information like that. :rolleyes:

He sees a 13 yr old girl in there hiding.

That's even worse than what our idiot half-orc barbarian did in one of our games. A major battle had just concluded in an underground lair. At this point, she attacks a charmed enemy soldier - who is still under the effects of a Charm Person spell! And yes, boys and girls, this was before they had a chance to question him about anything.

Her excuse, "Well I thought the spell was going to wear off any moment now."

"Are you insane?!" says the spellcaster who Charmed the enemy. "That sepll will last for hours!"

"Well I didn't know!" says the orc defensively.

"Did it occur to you to ask how long the spell would last before you went and did that?"

"...."

Well, none of us could accuse her of poor roleplay: she has the role of "stupid half-orc" down cold. :rolleyes:

Our entry this week comes from my friend Jeff, playing Mental Block, a telepath (duh). Said Mental Block has just found himself on the recieving end of a Move-Through by an updated-to-Fifth-Edition Brick (of VIPER fame). I have my dice in hand, shaking, but have not yet rolled damage.

Brian: "I hope you have a good PD."

Jeff: "I hope I have a good HMO."

Originally posted by White Heat

quote:Originally posted by Enforcer84:

It was owned by a half orc. He allowed anyone of any race in his bar as long as they behaved. Heads of those unable to comply with this bylaw adorned the inn. The players were ushered there by locals who sent all the potential trouble makers there.

As a Storyteller myself, I can see that that inn is a very cool place, and you were a genius for thinking it up. However, in my role as player in all D&D games (I have problems with games that actually expect you to understand and abide by all rules, therefore I do not run D&D or Champions, although I will play either game), I sure hope I never run into it.

Sorry bout that.

I probably shouldn't mention his "security' team consisted of an orc fighter, 2 bugbear warriors, an Ogre fighter, and a dwarven monk.

Teen Superhero campaign. My characer, Requiem, is a young woman who had been kidnapped and trained all through her youth by a secret underground society of black mages to serve as one of their shock troops. She eventually breaks through their brain-washing, discovers her past, and flees the organization. Joins a superhero team to try to redeem herself, but she's ever-so-slightly hampered by her lack of a good non-lethal attack (2d6 HKA (sword), Autofire, Armor Piercing being her primary weapon, with a variety of backup spells) and her lack of a Code vs. Killing. This occasionally leads to... disagreements with the rest of the team, when she's a little too quick to use lethal force. Or, as one person put it:

Black Ice: She's like a puppy that's been trained to pee on the carpet!

Had a few good ones this week. The team consists of Tesseract (my character), a martial artist/brick/teleporter; Kushi, a anime brick babe; The Shadow, a mentalist with darkness and desolid; and Rom, basically a Tron clone. Kushi gets hit by a tunneling brick and the knockback drives her up and into the ceiling.

"Hey, somebody knocked Kushi up!" Ba-dum-ching.

Also, since technology didn't work too well in the underworld we were in an Tron's technological, he had to hide somewhere. He desolids into conductive materials, so we got him a frying pan to live in for a while. The puns on that one should last for a few sessions.

As the gamemaster of the cold blooded killer I can asure you their were both experiance and Karmic penalties. -3 to each.

(In my games I use a Karma System. Basicly the players get extra karma for doing good things, making the game enjoyable for others, being cinimatic and stuff like that. They looses karma for picking fights, being evil, or pissing me of.

Well 1 point of karma can be used to naturaly modify a die roll by 1 and three can be used to get a reroll. Negitive Karma I use to turn all those nice little threes and fours into fives so they don't get crits or make were if these miss by one or two points they miss altogether. Of course they could waste there positive karma if they want to make it a crit again or to hit again but hey.)

low brow... but funny!

Not to steal my GM’s thunder but this one is too funny to wait, AND he sleeps in later than I do.

Ok a little set up. We have done some detective work and find out that (not joke here) Major Payne is stealing technology from our friendly neighborhood UNTIL clone (called FORT).

Major Payne calls US to his office; we are thinking “Great we got him, no problem, game over, lets get more pizzaâ€.

We get there and he tells us that it is not him who is behind it, but it was Captain Johnson. (Now admittedly I don’t think our GM had thought about the name that much and it just leapt into his mind and he ran with it… he will NEVER do that again).

After the complete run down my character decides to summarize the situation:

“Let me get this straight. You have a Rogue Johnson on your hands and you want us to get a hold of it for you??â€

Low brow I know, but damn it was funny. There were about 400 other Johnson jokes, to the point where we had to put a moratorium on all Johnson jokes for the rest of the night, which didn’t work of course, but at least we tried.

Lok

we were playing a group of up and coming young heroes sponsored by the FF in a campaign set in the 1960's marvel universe--therefore, teen angst was a regular part of every gaming session....

during one particularly tense meeting, as we are all standing around, staring angrily at each other, we get an unexpected call over the "visi-phone'' from ben grimm--the everlovin' blue-eyed THING....

''hey--," he chimes in all chippper, and crap, "why all the long faces?"

IMMEDIATELY, ZEPHYR--illegitimate brother of the X-MEN'S ANGEL, having all the same powers/problems as his more famous sibling, but NONE of the perks, and therefore, chief brooder of us all--raises his hands, shrugs his shoulders and says,

"because they're more aerodynamic....?"

needless to say, the mood became infinitely lighter, as all the players fell over-themselves, laughing, leaving poor old ben looking confused and bewildered (as was typical for him during that era....)

in the spirit of rogue johnson....

....we once had a gm, who needed a name for an "aquaman-type'' character, and decided to call him ''THE SEA-MAN....''

we LITERALLY BEGGED him to change the name, which he wouldn't, so we proceded to waste a good 45 minutes of game time showing him the error of his ways....