-an X-Men comic

-a magazine I don't quit recognize

-a deflated basketball

-the aforementioned Sentinel action figure

-a busted Cabbage Patch Kids doll

Did I miss anything?

(Oh, yes...GREAT book.)

Originally posted by Monolith

I hate you for getting your hands on the book so quickly!

I have sent a 10d6 Transformation attack giving you 3d6 Gamer Unluck triggered by you reading this message. Hopefully that will make me feel better, but I doubt it. :)

Vengeance won't make you happy. Stay with me.

Originally posted by Monolith

I hate you for getting your hands on the book so quickly!

I have sent a 10d6 Transformation attack giving you 3d6 Gamer Unluck triggered by you reading this message. Hopefully that will make me feel better, but I doubt it. :)

I'm sorry, but your power exceeds the AP limit of this campaign.

Re: The Ultimate Vehicle...

Originally posted by Game Show Man

...has been released to stores!!!

Which of course gives me a good look at the dumpster, in which I have found:

-an original 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System, and various games

-an X-Men comic

-a magazine I don't quit recognize

-a deflated basketball

-the aforementioned Sentinel action figure

-a busted Cabbage Patch Kids doll

Did I miss anything?

(Oh, yes...GREAT book.)

Great eyes, especially since the cover somehow got slightly pixelated somewhere in the printing process. I mean, the cover still looks OK, just if you look really close some of the minute details get fuzzy. Which is wierd, because the interior black and white copy is fine.

Anyway, the magazine got a little obscured. IT's a copy of every guy's favorite magazine - Maxim.

Yes, that is an action figure. Not Sentinel though. It's actually an action figure version of a OC in my campaign name Thunderhawk. Pattern Ghost was always asking me to put Thunderhawk in a book since I started working for Hero. So I threw him in there to get him to stop bugging me. :)

The X-Men book is actually The Essential X-Men Vol. 2, which contains the Death of Pheonix story arc.

Well, I hope the dumpster keeps people entertained for a little bit. I know dumpsters are always very entertaining to me.

Oh, to anyone who gets the book, please let me know what you think of my artwork inside. Since I've been posting to theses boards since before I started doing art for the books, I'm curious to know whether you guys like it. Most of the pieces are digital paintings and are near the back of the book.

Hope you guys like the book. I got mine the other day and have been reading through it slowy. It seems like an excellent resource for anyone who uses vehicles heavily in their games. It's even got giant robot stuff in it. There's even odd stuff like flying carpets and skateboards.

There's some cool artwork in it too. Brad Nault has some good stuff in it, as does K-Ski and Chris Stevens. Chris has some beautiful line-art this time around. His inking is superb on those. High-contrast straight black and white line drawings. Kind of reminds me of some classics like Tarzan or Prince Valiant. Great work to all the Vehicle artists!

Re: Oooh. I missed that one....

Originally posted by Game Show Man

Oooh. I missed that one. I thought it was one of the video game cartridges. Any clues?

(And as a wild guess, I'd say the book is the "Big Blue Book," the 4th edition core book for Champions. BTW, which cover did you do for the Maxim mag?)

Ah, the cover is one with Shannon Elizabeth on it.

Hmmm, not the BBB. Not too far off really.

When Andy, Hero's Art director saw this piece he e-mailed me back...

"Have you and my wife been conspiring to throw out all my favorite things?"

Cracked me up.

Ain't I persistent?

I will only say that the other book in the garbage is not a Hero product.

The man gives good clues. The only other possibility I can come up with is the core book for Green Ronin's d20 supers game, Mutants and Masterminds. The book is clearly hardcover, and I recognize the gathering magical attack of (I think his name is) Krystak the Mystic.

I'm glad you like the cover Bob! Since it's mainly your baby, that means a lot. I haven't been able to read much of it yet, but I enjoyed your intro so far. Good writing style. What did you think of how the book came out?

BTW, I hear the book sold quite well at the DDC this weekend. I'm not sure how many copies were sold, but there was definite interest in the book!