Anyone get DC: TAS yet?

winterhawk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anyone get DC: TAS yet?

I know there's a Beatles-themed villain in DC:TAS. How Hero got away with that one I don't know. But it just occured to me a perfect set of crimes for him. Basically a series of rovveries linked to the song "Taxman" (from Revolver), the link being that he only takes 95% of what is to be taken in each heist, leaving 5% behind. Not one penny more or less. I wonder how long it would take players to make the connection to the lyric:

Let me tell you how it will be

It's one for you, nineteen for me

'Cause I'm the Taxman -- yeah I'm the Taxman

Should five percent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all

'Cause I'm the Taxman -- yeah I'm the Taxman

Of course, in the last crime he WILL take it all -- and it'll be something really big.

To be really whimsical, the targets would be selected basxed on the lyrics of the other songs on Revolver in sequence. Finding suitable robberies for "Yellow Submarine", "And Your Bird Can Sing", "I'm Only SLeeping" and "Doctor Robert" should be very interesting. The spree would climax with a crime themed around "Tomorrow Never Knows" -- figuring out hat one and stopping it will definietly be a suitable climax!

And imagine the Beatles-themed deathtraps! I just remembered that "She Said She Said" is on Revolver. "I know what it's like to be dead -- and in thirty-eight point six seconds so will you."

Is the review up yet? I've been watching out for it' date=' but have not seen it.[/quote']

No. They musta buried it. Which is odd, since they've put out more than one of my reviews.

In fact I reviewed Hidden Lands after DC: TAS, and they did put that one up.

JG

No. They musta buried it. Which is odd, since they've put out more than one of my reviews.

In fact I reviewed Hidden Lands after DC: TAS, and they did put that one up.

Maybe they lost it. Have you tried resubmitting it? (Not to be a pest, but I like reading your reviews).

There's been a dearth of HERO reviews over there for a while now. Some of that might be because there have been a lot of products 'coming soon' and not as many actually released*, but it would be good to see reviews for what new product exists.

Some one should review the new HERO Plus Adventrues, too. Get them some additional exposure, keep them from the fate of Shades of Black.

*statement based on perception, no hard numbers used.

Well, I bought the PDF. I was thinking of a one-on-one campaign with the Answer as thre PC would be interesting. He'd make a mind-alarmingly sane foil for Foxbat, and might actually try to cure him of his dleusions rather than simply lock him away.

Anyone thingking of using Scarlet in a regular Champions camapaign? She has a neat little hook -- a spawn of evil who wants to eb good. Sort of like a much prettier Hellboy in that regard.

Anyone thingking of using Scarlet in a regular Champions camapaign? She has a neat little hook -- a spawn of evil who wants to eb good. Sort of like a much prettier Hellboy in that regard.

Scarlet rocks. Her and Dr. Enigma are probably my favorite characters in the book. I vote DOJ make her the official Champions mascot. :)