MetaCyber

Killer Shrike

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MetaCyber

Shrike:

I like your character concepts quite a bit. I have a player in a Champions campaign I have been running that wanted to create a character similar to some of what you describe as a Tuber. Thanks for the help in giving me something I can pass on to him.

-Mad Ernie:cool:

Shrike:

I like your character concepts quite a bit. I have a player in a Champions campaign I have been running that wanted to create a character similar to some of what you describe as a Tuber. Thanks for the help in giving me something I can pass on to him.

-Mad Ernie:cool:

KS should be required reading when doing darn near anything Hero. He's put together some amazing pages with all sorts of resources including settings, packages, systems (magic, combat, etc) and character examples. Mostly in the fantasy genre, but I see he's rapidly building his way into the Dark Champs arena, as well.

Good stuff, KS. By all means, keep it up.

I do notice something about the system that you might want to change or clarify. The Upgrade / Repair price seems a bit, well low. The Total Cost x .33 seems a fair price for repairing, but I question it as far as Upgrading.

Light Dermal Plating: 166,250 credits

Heavy Dermal Plating: 495,000 credits

Heavy Dermal Plating Upgrade: 163,350 credits

Player gets Heavy Dermal Plating at Creation for 495,000 credits.

A Player that Upgrades later from Light to Heavy gets Heavy Dermal Plating spends 166,250 credits initially and 163,350 credits for the upgrade.

That means the player that upgrades spends the same Character Points but gets the same equipment for 329,600 credits.

In the case of a Standard Chip Reader to a Max Capacity Chip Reader, upgrading saves the player 5,886,070 Credits.

It makes sense that upgrading is cheaper than it is to buy a unit outright, but it seems to me like it is a bit wonky.

Perhaps for upgrading you can do something like:

(New Unit Cost - Existing Unit Cost) * 0.90

Upgrading the Standard Chip Reader to Max Capacity Chip Reader would only save the player 710,875 credits. The Dermal Plating example would save the player 32,875 credits.

Perhaps for upgrading you can do something like:

(New Unit Cost - Existing Unit Cost) * 0.90

It was originally x .5 but that seemed high so I lowered it. The ones I ran thru the formula were lower pointed so the discrepancy didnt show up. Thanx for pointing it out, and I've put in your suggested price formula!

Reading through it all will take me time... comments will come in piecemeal from me on it.

First, I like your setup/intro and the background to how you run CP games. Very nice.

Now, onto some of the stuff - checking out Cybernetics first a comment on the kacks (CAC, nice name I like).

I've never liked the idea of a chip giving someone a physical skill. In my view you can have all the knowledge in the world on how to move correctly but if you're some middleaged pudgy salaryman you're never ever gonna be able to pull off even halfassed acrobatics.

I would have rather seen them convey Skill Levels instead, that is someone with the knowhow and the practice to have a body able to do the physical act could benefit from some computer enhanced hand-eye coordination or additional knowledge on the best applications of muscular force and such things.

Secure Comms: I would add "Affected as another sense HRRP" so radio jammers can block them. Or at least add a Cheap Version with that and an Expensive Version that isn't as "high encryption secure comms"

I definitely like the Cybernetic Limitations, good stuff there. I also like how you handle "cyberpsychosis."

..more later as I get time to read through it all and have it sink in.

Reading through it all will take me time... comments will come in piecemeal from me on it.

First, I like your setup/intro and the background to how you run CP games. Very nice.

Thanx!

Now, onto some of the stuff - checking out Cybernetics first a comment on the kacks (CAC, nice name I like).

I've never liked the idea of a chip giving someone a physical skill. In my view you can have all the knowledge in the world on how to move correctly but if you're some middleaged pudgy salaryman you're never ever gonna be able to pull off even halfassed acrobatics.

I would have rather seen them convey Skill Levels instead, that is someone with the knowhow and the practice to have a body able to do the physical act could benefit from some computer enhanced hand-eye coordination or additional knowledge on the best applications of muscular force and such things.

Hmm....on the one hand I dont expect to have any players that want to play a middleaged, pudgy, salaryman with a CAC, but on the other hand I take your point that it presents a logical absurdity.

Ill think on a better solution...

Secure Comms: I would add "Affected as another sense HRRP" so radio jammers can block them. Or at least add a Cheap Version with that and an Expensive Version that isn't as "high encryption secure comms"

Ok, thats logical -- a baseline unsheilded version and a more expensive shielded version.

I definitely like the Cybernetic Limitations, good stuff there. I also like how you handle "cyberpsychosis."

..more later as I get time to read through it all and have it sink in.

Thanx! Look forward to the input.

Hmm....on the one hand I dont expect to have any players that want to play a middleaged' date=' pudgy, salaryman with a CAC, but on the other hand I take your point that it presents a logical absurdity.[/quote']

One of the things I always think about when creating Cyber is "How is this marketable to Everbody" because no corp would really create available Cyber without good marketing.

Plain old "adding a skill" would result in lawsuits when the pudgy salaryman tries to a do a back flip over his desk and breaks something ... Enhancing a skill means he already had to be able to do at least a handstand without assistance.

I try to believe that not just PCs and other Runners are interested in this stuff. Because theoretically they exist in a mostly black market.

OK the G-Cat scares me. A four-round Revolver 3d6 RKA +2 STUN Mult???

And don't forget semi-armor piercing :eg:

That would drop a brontosaurus in it's tracks.

It will put a dent in a full conversion borg or some twit in powered armor, and that is its primary purpose.

Hell' date=' I'd give it Distinctive Features (Biggest Frakking Gun [b']you've[/b] ever seen) and a 2d6 Aid to PRE.

:D

It would definitely be grouds for a "display of power" bonus on a PRE Attack.

One of my old players would have called it a "Fecolator" for its ability to make someone load their drawers when its pointed at them.

One of the things I always think about when creating Cyber is "How is this marketable to Everbody" because no corp would really create available Cyber without good marketing.

Plain old "adding a skill" would result in lawsuits when the pudgy salaryman tries to a do a back flip over his desk and breaks something ... Enhancing a skill means he already had to be able to do at least a handstand without assistance.

I try to believe that not just PCs and other Runners are interested in this stuff. Because theoretically they exist in a mostly black market.

Changed the Athletic CAC to be a flat +6 to DEX based Skills instead.