Help Me Populate A Creepy Hotel

AlHazred

Re: Help Me Populate A Creepy Hotel

Here's a good miniature for it. Takes some time to print/ put together

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=178

And here is an addon to it.

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=217

that's if your using minis...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late one night at the bar the bar keep tells an old ghost story about a carriage driver who would appear to help stranded or people in a hurry. He would never charge for assisting them saying they could pay him later. Invariablly they who accepted the ride died in a week. That night or shortly after they realize their late. Rushing to the front of the hotel they are lucky enough to spot a cab leaving. Waving it down they realize they don't have their wallet, and ask the cabbie to wait. The cabbie gestures for them to get in.

"It's not like I don't know where your staying. You can pay me later."

Better yet, it's a patron at the bar telling the story - and you recognize the cab driver as being the one who told the story.

Lucius Alexander

No thanks, I'll ride a palindromedary

• 2 weeks later...

The Age-Inappropriate Couple

She (or he) looks 13, 15 at most. He (or she) looks old enough to be the parent. Option: they seem to have the same last name...

The Variable Bride (or Groom) Pool

Newlyweds check in--handsome young groom, beautiful young bride. Never check out. The next day, a new couple checks in to the same room--but one of them looks strikingly familiar...

The lady or the tiger

A beautiful lady beckons a male into a hotel bathroom...passersby swear they could hear an odd growling sound and a muffled cry...before the lady emerged, smiling and wiping something off her cheek (was that blood?)

The nervous writer

A pale, thin, nervous man checks in, wearing thick glasses, muttering to himself, looking about and closely clutching what must be a manuscript, wrapped in special monogrammed paper...the initials "HPL" are visible to a sharp eyed observer...

The Magician

Every night in the lounge at 9pm is the same magician show with the same magician. Every movement the same and if someone's paying enough attention, they can notice the same error/slip up every time.

The Pheonix Conference Room

There is a conference room that is always occupied, but no one remembers anyone going in or out. There is constant low pitched arguing going on that no one can make out and no one storms out of the room. The front desk is confused when it's mentioned, because their conference rooms are named after cities, but Pheonix wasn't one of them.

BTW I love this thread. You guys are all awesome!

A man in the uniform of the hotel is seen watering the plants in the lobby. The plants are obviously plastic. He doesn't acknowledge any questions, and merely cowers if threatened. He seems to live in a basement store room, but that room holds nothing but mannequins, some of which resemble other people in the hotel, people you haven't seen in a while. The plants, meanwhile, are growing.

Someone keeps posting handwritten "word salad" scrawls on walls in the lobby. It looks like there's an untreated schizophrenic on the loose. Of course no-one sees the poster. What's frightening is that it seems as though various untoward events are foreshadowed in the postings. One day the "topic" is pyramids, the next day a travelling rep for Steve Jackson Games disappears.

And then one of the PCs wakes up in the morning, babbling incoherently and talking about how the voices in his head say that you're next.

When eating at the restaurant, one of the PCs is handed a menu in an undecipherable and possibly alien or arcane language. It is immediately swapped out by the embarrassed, frightened waitress. No one on the staff ever mentions it again.

Or, the pages of the menu change subtly (or perhaps not so subtly) when you page back and forth. You can never find the drink list or the list of salad dressings until the waitress points them out, and even then they change when you go back to reference them. You order an entree, and the waitress says they don't serve it, and when you point it out in the menu it is something different. The only constant is the Soup of the Day.

Out of the corner of your eye, the text reads 'human' but reads 'hunan' when you look closer. The photos look horrific as the pages open, but when you look directly at them, they appear normal, though vaguely unappetizing for no particular reason.

Other tables seem to be served by a different menu entirely. Not better, necessarily, but different (Italian versus Mexican).

Look quick lounge

There is a comfortable well furnished lounge that several guest don't like going into. It seems they occasionally get the feeling that they are not alone even when there is no one else there. It's not just a weird feeling. They occasionally notice something out of the corner of their eye. Some of the quicker guests say they can almost turn fast enough to get a look at whoever it is. Though there is the rumor about the guest, who got the idea to use a mirror to see who it was. No they didn't just dissapear, they checked out. People don't just disappear. Well no I don't have their recipt, but it must be in the records room somewhere.

• 4 months later...

An attractive young lady seems desperate for help. She says her father has disappeared. He was last seen going into his room, and nobody saw him leave. The old man was known as an inventor with strange ideas; his latest obsession was teleportation. When the characters examine the room, nothing will seem to be out of place, except for tiny objects such as nails and screws seemingly falling from out of nowhere.

Did the device he was working on take him to another part of the world? Is he lost in the space-time continuum? Or is he in another dimension?

Or did some malevolent entity nursing an old grudge against the characters kidnap him, hoping to use him as bait?

Recently I was sent a list of one-line plot seeds that could be used in any horror/supernatural/occult game. The following are based off of that list:

1) On certain nights the building super locks himself in his room and spends the night praying. He tries to ignore the sounds outside his door and never questions the missing guests the next morning.

2) You enter the hotel's lobby/ballroom/dining room/bar and notice it takes about a half-second for everyone in the room to start moving.

3) You see blood fall onto the carpet. You look up. There is nothing on the ceiling. Examining the drops, you notice that they are still falling. But they are falling from a spot about chest high in the middle of the room...from thin air.

4) Your reflection in the mirror in the morning, while you brush your teeth, does things slightly different. You brush up, it brushes down.

5) The lights in your hallway begin to flicker. When the light is on, you see nothing. But each time it goes out, you can make out the silhouette of a figure. Each time the light goes off, it gets closer.

6) In the hotel basement there is a door with a large padlock and lengths of chain securing it. If you listen, you can hear faint moans.

7) Every time you blink, something in your room/the hotel lobby/other hotel space moves.

8) It's happening again. Just like last week, but this occurrence seems a lot worse. What will happen if it gets out?

When eating at the restaurant, one of the PCs is handed a menu in an undecipherable and possibly alien or arcane language. It is immediately swapped out by the embarrassed, frightened waitress. No one on the staff ever mentions it again.

Or, the pages of the menu change subtly (or perhaps not so subtly) when you page back and forth. You can never find the drink list or the list of salad dressings until the waitress points them out, and even then they change when you go back to reference them. You order an entree, and the waitress says they don't serve it, and when you point it out in the menu it is something different. The only constant is the Soup of the Day.

Out of the corner of your eye, the text reads 'human' but reads 'hunan' when you look closer. The photos look horrific as the pages open, but when you look directly at them, they appear normal, though vaguely unappetizing for no particular reason.

Other tables seem to be served by a different menu entirely. Not better, necessarily, but different (Italian versus Mexican).

This sounds like the room service inside 1408. Great idea!

I'm never going to watch that movie. If anyone's seen it PM me or put it in spoiler and you'll have my gratitude.

I haven't seen the film, but based on what I know, there are people buried up to their necks under the bags.

I haven't seen the film, but based on what I know, there are people buried up to their necks under the bags.

With vocal cords slit so they can't scream or talk.

Lucius Alexander

What do you expect, a palindromedary tagline?