post-apocalyptic genre book

hancock.tom

Re: post-apocalyptic genre book

I look at it like this: if Hero Games doesn't satisfy my Post-Apocalyptic craving, then I'll just have to have my itch scratched by Timeline Ltd with The Morrow Project 4th Ed, and 93 Studios with the 3rd Edition of Twilight 2000 (ne 2013).

Immediately followed by your conversion to the Hero system, right? ;)

Part of the conversion process will be half-a-dozen (or more) threads on these boards talking about how to do X, Y, and Z.

And TheQuestionMan and Lord Liaden will compile them and any time the subject comes up again will direct people to those threads, forever more.

:winkgrin:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

GREEN LIGHT! -- GREEN LIGHT! -- GREEN LIGHT! -- GREEN LIGHT!

Closed circuit to Steve:

Thanks for putting Post Apocalypse on the schedule of releases! Now I have something to look forward to all year! :) Seriously though, thanks.

Matt "Resting-a-little-easier" Frisbee

• 3 weeks later...

Another bit to keep this thread alive...

Another way to end the world -- I'm working on a story right now where about 90% of the humans are killed by a sort of telepathic attack. Most of the people are killed outright, of course, but only those in metropolitan areas with a population density above a threshold level (right now, I'm going with 1,000 people per square mile).

Since most people are literally cut down in mid-stride by the attack, there is chaos for the first few days (massive fires, traffic pileups, etc.), then the attempts at trying to determine the extent of the effect while survivors begin the process of consolidating resources to sustain themselves. While government agencies haven't survived intact, transportation and communications systems have, though the economic system will be in shambles for an extended period.

Add to all of these problems the fact that not all of the survivors are sane after suffering through the attack (either directly by the attack or by witnessing so many people dying horribly), plus there are many people who have survived with their own ideas about how they're going to survive, which doesn't include laws or rules, or their laws or rules.

I'll let you know if the writing really goes anywhere...

Matt "Still-trying-to-be-an-author-after-all-these-years" Frisbee

QM,

Thanks for the encouragement -- and now that you mention it, yeah, it is a lot like the X2 scenario. I haven't decided yet whether it is a terrestrial or extraterrestrial force that cause The Dying, but once I do, I'll be incorporating it into the story as possible route for a sequel (or significant subplot).

Matt "Wrapping-my-head-in-aluminum-foil-to-reflect-the-alien-mind-probes" Frisbee

I'm back:

How about this for a warped idea? The Federal government builds a telepathic amplifier to communicate with extraterrestrials and it works perfectly -- until the alien hookup drives the world's most powerful telepath insane and the psionic backlash causes most of the world's population to either die or turns them into raving psychpaths...

If you tie this in with the HAARP project in Alaska (as a cover story), suddenly this gets very scary. :)

Matt "Still-not-playing-nice-after-all-these-years" Frisbee