Wunderwaffen!!! - Secret German Warmachines of WW 2

Curufea

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wunderwaffen!!! - Secret German Warmachines of WW 2

TOP SECRET - TOP SECRET - TOP SECRET

Only to be shown to General staff members and heads of state/ government President Roosevelt., Prime Minister Churchhill and General Secretary Marshal Stalin at Yalta Conference!

"This is copy of a German film recorded during the first week of January 1945, most likely in the general vicinity of Penemünde in Northern Germany. This is a translation of the German text that goes with it:

'This is the result of the last test run of the new type of rocket-propelled Vengeance Weapon V-3. The test has been a great success! The rocket took of as planned and has enough pull to be most likely to reach any destination on the East Coast of the United States or any target in Bolshevik occupied territory up to the Ural Mountains.

As ordered by the Führer, the rocket should be able to transport the equivalent of explosive to level an area of about 2 square kilometers - enough to destroy the inner city districts of either London, Moscow or New York.

Because London is still under sufficient attack by our V-2 rockets and we assume that Stalin has left Moscow we advice the Oberkommando (High Command) der Wehrmacht to propose to our Führer to launch an attack on New York.

We firmly believe the a NEW YORK RAKETE will utterly destroy the will of the American population to support the war effort of their Jewish dominated government and shift the public oppinion towards an armistic with Deutschland to fight side by side against the Bolshevik menace.

To make this strategic shift in this most decisive time of the war possible we need special authorization to speed-up the building of another V-3 rocket - we need rocket fuel, special steels for the hull and more able-bodied workers for the workforce of the local concentration camps is virtually worn out and manpower is short!

Heil Hitler!

Dr. Clausenhausen; Dr. Müller-Müllersen; Dr. Werner von Braun

IIRC, there was a V-3 in the works. It was a very large gun that could shoot projectiles to the UK. I think even the engineers on the project were skeptical about it.

Don't quote me on that, however. I saw it a few years ago on the History Channel. And my memory isn't what it used to be in my youth.

IIRC' date=' there was a V-3 in the works. It was a very large gun that could shoot projectiles to the UK. I think even the engineers on the project were skeptical about it.[/quote']You are correct - the V-3 was a super-gun.

Na super guns easy the Germans had a gun that shot 131km + at Paris (the paris gun in WWI) they took it apart and destoryed it as the allied approached it was just a matter of dusting off old plans.

see link http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/parisgun.htm

even talks about the v3 also

Lord Ghee

I have done some research (in my private library ... ehm ... I went to the cupboard and grapped THE BOOK ...). The "New York rocket" was a two-phased monster that had the official name A-9/A-10 ( the V-2 was A-4), but existed only in design - they never even started to build one.

There was a "Super-gun" in design , too, that was planned to have a range of 160 km (Codename: "Hochdruckpumpe" (High pressure pump); Propaganda name: "Fleißiges Lieschen" (Little Industrious Beth), but neither saw action. They used a smaller version with a range of 42,5 km called "Tausendfüßler" (Millipede) which entered an experimental state (they mad epractice shots), but the way the war went never made it possible to use it to attack London (that was the purpose).

This is actually the V-3, so my bogus report should refer to a V-4.

Sidenote: Even though the V-3 never saw action during WW2 it almost saw action during the First Iraq War: An British engineer by the name of Dr. Gerald Vincent Bull got an order by Saddam Hussein to plan and build a Super-gun codenamed "Baby Babylon" - a 46 m long gun that was planned to shoot up to 400 km long and 180 km high. This design was derived from the German Tausendfüßler.

This gun never saw action either: Parts of the gun were intercepted by British intelligence and Dr. Bull was killed in Brussels - possibly by the Mossad.

Hmm - I was going to do some dreadnoughts (from 40K) accompanying a parade of German soldiers next' date=' but it seems big guns are more in demand. So I'll see if I can do one of those instead.[/quote']If you want real Big Guns, there were a few real giant railway guns/motars used in WWII, named "Dora", "Karl" and "Gustav" IIRR. I think "Dora" is the biggest gun ever, the other two were massive mortars rather than guns IIRR. If your Google-fu is strong you might be able to find pictures of these puppies.

here is a little on the movie from netflix

Doomsday Gun (1994)

This docudrama tells the story of Dr. Gerald Bull (Frank Langella), a brilliant weapons manufacturer who was assassinated before he could deliver the ultimate missile -- a "Doomsday Gun" -- to Saddam Hussein. The Iraqi dictator wanted the missile for use in his war with Iran, but both the American and Israeli Secret Service saw to eliminate the potential threat posed by Saddam acquiring such a weapon. Alan Arkin and Kevin Spacey co-star.

Starring: Tony Goldwyn, Frank Langella, More

Director: Robert Young

Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.

Genre: Drama

Format: Widescreen, More

Language: English

Subtitles: English, More

More Movie Details

There is a movie about Dr. Bull starring Frank Langella (I think). Alexandra Vandernoot (Tessa from Highlander: The Series) had a minor role.

The Allies had a few weird and wonderful "secret weapons" during World War II as well. The one that I remember is the British device called "The Grand Panjandrum". Imagine a remote controlled device consisting of two gigantic (looked about 12ft diameter) metal wheels linked by a metal hub with fireworks like roman candles blasting out of the outside edge of the wheel. It was supposed to be let loose along a beach and destroy obstacles as it went. I saw some film of them testing it and it got out of control and started chasing the observers before tipping over on its side and sitting there in the sand fizzing like a faulty catherine wheel ! Very funny to watch. I don't believe that it was pusued any further as a weapon after that !

The Allies had a few weird and wonderful "secret weapons" during World War II as well. The one that I remember is the British device called "The Grand Panjandrum". Imagine a remote controlled device consisting of two gigantic (looked about 12ft diameter) metal wheels linked by a metal hub with fireworks like roman candles blasting out of the outside edge of the wheel. It was supposed to be let loose along a beach and destroy obstacles as it went. I saw some film of them testing it and it got out of control and started chasing the observers before tipping over on its side and sitting there in the sand fizzing like a faulty catherine wheel ! Very funny to watch. I don't believe that it was pusued any further as a weapon after that !

I just had a Warhammer flashback reading that, dude!

Yeah, I played Skaven.

here is a little on the movie from netflix

Doomsday Gun (1994)

This docudrama tells the story of Dr. Gerald Bull (Frank Langella), a brilliant weapons manufacturer who was assassinated before he could deliver the ultimate missile -- a "Doomsday Gun" -- to Saddam Hussein. The Iraqi dictator wanted the missile for use in his war with Iran, but both the American and Israeli Secret Service saw to eliminate the potential threat posed by Saddam acquiring such a weapon. Alan Arkin and Kevin Spacey co-star.

Starring: Tony Goldwyn, Frank Langella, More

Director: Robert Young

Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.

Genre: Drama

Format: Widescreen, More

Language: English

Subtitles: English, More

More Movie Details

That's the one!

The Allies had a few weird and wonderful "secret weapons" during World War II as well. The one that I remember is the British device called "The Grand Panjandrum". Imagine a remote controlled device consisting of two gigantic (looked about 12ft diameter) metal wheels linked by a metal hub with fireworks like roman candles blasting out of the outside edge of the wheel.

The Weird Weapons show on the History Channel (I think it was) had a bit about that one. The two wheels floated - it rolled across land or sea - and the axle between them contained a bomb. The idea was to release them ahead of an amphibious landing to soften up the beach. On the show, one of the engineers admitted that the idea was "a bit daft." But perfect for pulp!

My son and I still laugh over the clip where one of them chases a dog. :)