Comics you loved...but apparently no one else did

Starlord

Re: Comics you loved...but apparently no one else did

Impact Comics; The Black Hood, The Web, and The Shield.

These series and the label didnt last long, even though they where bought by DC. I guess people just couldnt get into the reinvisioned characters. The BlackHood i thought was the best of them. Alot like punisher except that you didnt need to keep coming up with oddball stories to keep the main character alive.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked' date=' but does anyone remember Ex- Mutants ? It was in the mid to late 80s, only lasted a few issues, then branched into the New Humans, then dissipated. My favorite was Elfquest, which may still be around. At least it was about 12 years ago, I think. After the end of its first part, in I think 1981, the Authors took a break and invited readers to continue to write them and share comments, opinions and compliments. They must've gotten hundreds of letters a day, at least. One of the proudest moments in my life was when I saw my letter published in the comments and editorial issue they put out before beginning part two of the series. My old Elfquest books and the one with my letter in it are long gone, alas. It was like being published.[/quote']

It's still around and the Pinis' are putting out a new one. Also they have entered into a deal with DC comics to re-release all of the stories in digest size black and white, plus in color but at a much higher cost per hard cover. ($50.00 each)

Red Tornado.

i'm pretty sure i was the only one who read it back in the 80's

I wasn't counting miniseries when I read the thread, but I read the miniseries as well. One of the first comics I owned was the old 3 comic plastic bag that had two Justice Leagues, #105 and 106, in which Elongated Man and Red Tornado, respectively, joined the team. Always had a soft spot for Red Tornado as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Impact Comics; The Black Hood, The Web, and The Shield.

These series and the label didnt last long, even though they where bought by DC. I guess people just couldnt get into the reinvisioned characters. The BlackHood i thought was the best of them. Alot like punisher except that you didnt need to keep coming up with oddball stories to keep the main character alive.

Cool...I remember liking those too...:)

Moon Knight -- call him a Batman wannabe if you must (you'd be right if you did)' date=' but it was still a fun series because the hero was a less-than-sterling person who kept getting involved in the fantastic...[/quote']

He wasn't a Batman wannabe so much as a riff on Batman. I enjoyed the series during the Sienkiewicz run, when it got all deep and abstract.

Does anybody remember "The Wolfpack" ? It was a limited series from back in the 80's or maybe early 90's from Marvel.

It was really cheesy, but I really liked it at the time.

I also remember "Rust." I think that it was from First comics, but I don't quite remember.

I was also a big fan of the afore mentioned "Cat and Mouse" as well as the spin off "The Demon."

Any comic with Ambush Bug in it. :D

"Look how my leg can go! Is that advantageous, or what?!?"

"Out of my way! I have to be on five different covers at the same time!"

Lurking high above the city... and a little to the left...

The single funniest comic of all time... Ambush Bug: Nothing Special:D:thumbup:

"Look how my leg can go! Is that advantageous, or what?!?"

"Out of my way! I have to be on five different covers at the same time!"

Lurking high above the city... and a little to the left...

The single funniest comic of all time... Ambush Bug: Nothing Special:D:thumbup:

I loved the Ambush Bug module for DC Heroes. Complete with stats for the Phantom Stranger.

Said stats being a blank DC Heroes character sheet with an * in all area. Down at the bottom was * = The Phantom Stranger doesn't go in for that sort of thing.

Hey all,

Coming late to the party.

I was a HUGE fan of the whole Impact! Comics line. I collected them all, but apparently I was one of a few. My favorites were The Comet and The Fly. It was classic comics in the midst of the speculative period: a breath of fresh air.

The most recent Spectre series with Hal Jordan was one of my favorite series ever. As a big fan of the Jim Corrigan Spectre, I went in expecting the worst and at first it seemed like I was correct to worry, but after the first two story arcs, the series really took off...too late, sadly.

Late in myself...

-Green Hornet by Now COmics. Never did see the Black Beauty Special.

-The Shadowline series, especially St. George. THough Doctor Zero was neat too.

-!mpact

-The pre-Zero Hour JSA series. Especially Alan Scott whipping it up on Guy Gardner. That was the peak.

-Pre-Black September Night Man

-Mark Shaw as the Manhunter.

-What little I remember of Dragon Lines was fun

• 2 weeks later...

well let me see. Im amazed that no one else posted them so here goes(my dignity and showing my age)

Manhunter

Blue Devil

Rom Space Knight

I guess I was one of 5 people reading them (sigh)

Nope, but Blue Devil and Rom both had respectable runs. Blue Devil is back in a new book, Shadowpact, by the way.

Manhunter, by Ostrander and Rice, went 18 issues IIRC and deserved more.

Manhunter (Which One?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunter_%28comics%29

Blue Devil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Devil

Rom Space Knight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rom_the_Spaceknight

I like "Mark Shaw", but could have done without Chase Lawler or Kate Spencer. Ugh... I never felt that Mark Shaw's story went far enough.

Oh well?

QM

well let me see. Im amazed that no one else posted them so here goes(my dignity and showing my age)

Manhunter

Blue Devil

Rom Space Knight

I guess I was one of 5 people reading them (sigh)

I can't say anything about Manhunter or Blue Devil, but I liked Rom back. It's right up there with the Godzilla and Conan comics among my childhood memories.