Help Create Ani-man!!

bryanb

Hi All,

I'm wanting to run an old V&V module but am having problems creating the villain Ani-man. This guy is able to animate any inanimate object to do his bidding - and only needs to concentrate on the object while doing so (once animated the item has a mind of its own but follows Ani-man obediently).

Could you guys help me out and create his powers (or give me ideas)? I've kinda drawn a blank on this one....:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like either duplication, requiring an object of opportunity and with the duplicate's abilities dictated by the object, or summoning, with a broad class of 'creatures' (animated objects), and slavish loyalty.

In either case, you need to write up quite a few sheets worth of animated objects (mostly automatons, I assume, with the same DEF and BODY as they had, and STR 5*BODY ?).

Re: Help Create Ani-man!!

Originally posted by bryanb

Hi All,

I'm wanting to run an old V&V module but am having problems creating the villain Ani-man. This guy is able to animate any inanimate object to do his bidding - and only needs to concentrate on the object while doing so (once animated the item has a mind of its own but follows Ani-man obediently).

Could you guys help me out and create his powers (or give me ideas)? I've kinda drawn a blank on this one....:confused:

Thanks in advance.

I think that Summoning is the way to go with a 'broad class of creatures'

I seem to recall al ong time ago something called "Telekinesis: Animate Object"

It might have been from a magazine article. Maybe I'll poke around for more info when I get home (finally back at work... booooo). I don't remember the exact mechanics of it but it was a pretty cool way to animate statues or exhibit control over plants or to simulate a "remote control" for vehicles and such.

Originally posted by Acroyear

I seem to recall al ong time ago something called "Telekinesis: Animate Object"

It might have been from a magazine article. Maybe I'll poke around for more info when I get home (finally back at work... booooo). I don't remember the exact mechanics of it but it was a pretty cool way to animate statues or exhibit control over plants or to simulate a "remote control" for vehicles and such.

Acroyear, that was from the old Champions III supplement. I agree that it was neat; I still use its guidelines for making this kind of effect.

For a -1/2 Limitation, you can make an Attack Roll against any object, after which you can exert TK Strength through it. The object can attack at the user's OCV, with appropriate Range Penalties from the user's point of origin. The object can use STR from TK up to 5X the total DEF + BODY of the object.

Unfortunately, it won't be much help for bryanb, since it still requires constant direction (each phase) by the user - unless you just grab and squeeze something.