Rapier

Order of the Stick

Ditching brain damaged long lived races was one of things I liked best about 4e.   Being long lived just let you live longer - no extra time to learn how to be a fighter compared to short lived races, no oddness like dwarves having the longest 'adventuring life' because their time adult to middle aged was longer than an elves, despite the elves living twice as long in the end.  

You want an elf to take 70 years to hit puberty... fine, I guess (though it's literally unfathomable to a human as to how a brain could take that long to 'mature' -  do elves take 5 years of being instructed every day to learn their ABCs? How is that not a learning disability?) but you follow that up with 5 to 7 years of training to become level 1 where a human does it in 1 or 2? Even if they're in the same classroom? That *IS* a learning disability.

41 minutes ago, DasBroot said:

Ditching brain damaged long lived races was one of things I liked best about 4e.   Being long lived just let you live longer - no extra time to learn how to be a fighter compared to short lived races, no oddness like dwarves having the longest 'adventuring life' because their time adult to middle aged was longer than an elves, despite the elves living twice as long in the end.  

You want an elf to take 70 years to hit puberty... fine, I guess (though it's literally unfathomable to a human as to how a brain could take that long to 'mature' -  do elves take 5 years of being instructed every day to learn their ABCs? How is that not a learning disability?) but you follow that up with 5 to 7 years of training to become level 1 where a human does it in 1 or 2? Even if they're in the same classroom? That *IS* a learning disability.

The OOTS adressed that issue:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0126.html

That's related but different - multi-classing instantly picking up years of study.   Under the old D&D rules that first level of rogue (thief prior to 3rd) would have taken Vesuvius a lot longer than his human party members as well.

Because - elf.  I guess they only do 30 minute classes a day and then go dance in meadows for 16 hours or something.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:37 AM, L. Marcus said:

Aww for the sprog's first words.

I missed that - the kid's trying to say "Turn undead!"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius Alexander misses a lot of stuff

12 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Holy cow, are the Order about to do something with style and cleverness?

If they do, it should be noted that they only managed that after they swapped out their Cleric.

Kind of says something about Durkon, right?