Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I just kept wanting Roy to yell back "Yah, because you did so well fighting without a sharp bit of metal. Oh, wait, nevermind."

And looking through the archives is fun because it emphasizes how much Mr. Burlew has grown. The first strips weren't bad, but the art and the storytelling has improved. I'd actually say that's one of my favorite things about reading webcomics. It's like those sport montages in movies, where the rookie starts out rough but by the end of the power ballad his training pays off and he's a champ.

And looking through the archives is fun because it emphasizes how much Mr. Burlew has grown. The first strips weren't bad' date=' but the art and the storytelling has improved. I'd actually say that's one of my favorite things about reading webcomics. It's like those sport montages in movies, where the rookie starts out rough but by the end of the power ballad his training pays off and he's a champ.[/quote']

Hells yeah. I love seeing improvement like that too. I actually get kinda bored with an artist's style if they hit a stride and then stick to it. Growth is good!

Cut Eugene a break. He is at worst a "mediocre" father and a good man. His problem is that his son is throwing his lives away as a fighter. Roy is in his early 20s. Men that age do admit they've made a mistake and go back to school for a real degree all the time. So Eugene's tough. The stakes are large, and growing.

I'm really hoping Roy comes to life sooner rather than later. While he is obviously still getting some air time, I'm afraid there's only so much quipping he can do before it basically boils down to twiddling his thumbs.

It should be interesting to see who out of Elan, V, and Durkon grows into the leadership role by necessity since neither Roy or Haley are available to lean on. Hinjo might just manage them, but as an NPC, he is somewhat disqualified.

Still, I want Roy back.

"Oh buddy Roy, the lich the lich came calling..."

Is Lawful Cranky an alignment?

I've seen these come up many times (especially in AD&D):

Lawful Cranky - Gives you a ticket the second the meter reads zero.

Lawful Naive - All laws exist to help all people. Even stupid nonsensical ones.

Lawful Compulsive - Knows every sub-paragraph by heart.

Lawful Blind Eye- "I'll be back in about 15 minutes..."

I've seen these come up many times (especially in AD&D):

Lawful Cranky - Gives you a ticket the second the meter reads zero.

Lawful Naive - All laws exist to help all people. Even stupid nonsensical ones.

Lawful Compulsive - Knows every sub-paragraph by heart.

Lawful Blind Eye- "I'll be back in about 15 minutes..."

The worst are

Lawful Stupid - "We should knock first, on all the doors of the Dark Tower, lest we catch an opponent unawares. That would be unfair."

and

Lawful Obnoxious - "I am Lawful Good, and therefore whatever I say or do is automatically both Right and Just. Unlike you, you disgusting petty heathen plebe."

Ive played a lot of Paladins in my day, and mine usually get into fights with those played like that.

Lawful Obnoxious - "I am Lawful Good, and therefore whatever I say or do is automatically both Right and Just. Unlike you, you disgusting petty heathen plebe."

Ive played a lot of Paladins in my day, and mine usually get into fights with those played like that.

Ah yes, the pseudo-Humble but really quite arrogant pamphlet "I'm okay, YOU'RE not so hot." :)