Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

There's a new comic up, and the final judgment is in. I enjoyed reading this one. :thumbup:

The latest comics have sure been heavy on the exposition. I was wondering how others felt about a lot of wordage in comics.

Very entertaining comic.

Rich has a tendency to put commentary on how he feels about alignment and other role playing issues into the mouths of his characters, most obviously in the court case sequence and now with Roy's judgment. He's an entertaining enough writer to get away with it most of the time, but the diatribes are not OotS at it's best.

There's a new comic up, and the final judgment is in. I enjoyed reading this one. :thumbup:

The latest comics have sure been heavy on the exposition. I was wondering how others felt about a lot of wordage in comics.

I survived Church & State II, this is a walk in the park.

It's also made of pure win.

I like verbage in comics. I cut my teeth on early Claremont.

I also didn't feel that today was a rant about alignment... it seemed pretty much just like an application of alignment, as the author sees it.

Less a rant today than a discussion, an explanation of Lawful Good as he sees it, delivered by an actual being of pure Law and Good.

Oh my, I may have to put this comment into my sig line

"But...but that's not fair!"

"Yes it is fair, and that's why you're upset."

Agreed.

I bet five Internets that he starts to go through, can't make himself, and then offers his place to his father.

Oddhat's probably right. ^_- Or something similar to that. Going into heaven chuckling 'serves you right, Dad!' is not quite right for that particular afterlife! Might even be some sort of test.

But yeah, I love that angel. I'm sick of angels who are actually bad guys. It was neat once, but nowadays it's trite. This one? She's great. She really is a representative of law AND good.

It is nice to see Lawful Good being portrayed as both Lawful and Good. Too many times I've seen it portrayed as strict adherence to Law regardless of any mitigating factors. Which is more Lawful Neutral than Good.

Good strip, though I'm guessing I'm missing quite a few of the rules refs, as I've not played D&D since AD&D...

It is nice to see Lawful Good being portrayed as both Lawful and Good. Too many times I've seen it portrayed as strict adherence to Law regardless of any mitigating factors. Which is more Lawful Neutral than Good.

Good strip, though I'm guessing I'm missing quite a few of the rules refs, as I've not played D&D since AD&D...

The rules refs became fewer and farther between after the first hundred strips or so anyway, though I still get a kick out of them when they come up.

OotS has done more to keep me interested in D&D than anything since the ToEE CRPG.