Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I wonder...

How baby brother died. Roy seems to partially blame himself for it... :think:

He did say it wasn't his job to watch the grown-up, so I don't think he had anything to do with it, other than probably being there when it happened. My guess is his dad did something stupid that resulted in the kid's death.

I'll bet Roy still "answers the call" when his teammates finally try to resurrect him, because he feels a responsibility to them. However, I no longer think it'll be the no-brainer everybody assumed it would be.

I was thinking' date=' since Hero now has a licensed game based on PS238, and since the early OotS strips were so heavily d20 based, wouldn't it be ironic if HERO got the OotS RPG license? :eg: It would be a natural since it has so many fans here.[/quote']

Ironic and also inappropriate given that the joke of the strip is the D20 rules.

JG

I was thinking' date=' since Hero now has a licensed game based on PS238, and since the early OotS strips were so heavily d20 based, wouldn't it be ironic if HERO got the OotS RPG license? :eg: It would be a natural since it has so many fans here.[/quote']

Ironic and also inappropriate given that the joke of the strip is the D20 rules.

JG

And what would be even more ironic, or at least funny, would be that there'd be nothing stopping Hero Games from releasing a d20 sourcebook....................................

:lol:

And what would be even more ironic, or at least funny, would be that there'd be nothing stopping Hero Games from releasing a d20 sourcebook....................................

Rich Burlew has such a cozy relationship with his publisher at Pazio that I'm sure that if he was at all interested they'd get first crack. They already have one boardgame based on the order's adventures and would probably be working on another one were his health and schedule to permit.

But if he does schedule the strip to have a definitive end, he might choose to wait to let Pazio commission the sourcebook for 4e until that happens.

Meanwhile, what's stopping us from sending writeups to Susano's site and the like?

We already have a D20 Hero System. It's called Mutants & Masterminds. :D

Otherwise to get into "D&D" mode you'd have to go through the rigamarole of the class/level paradigm and figure out whether the Raven is a 2nd level Occultist/8th level Investigator, or how to design a Homicidal Vigilante prestige class for Harbinger of Justice, etc.

JG

Rich Burlew has such a cozy relationship with his publisher at Pazio that I'm sure that if he was at all interested they'd get first crack. They already have one boardgame based on the order's adventures and would probably be working on another one were his health and schedule to permit.

But if he does schedule the strip to have a definitive end, he might choose to wait to let Pazio commission the sourcebook for 4e until that happens.

Meanwhile, what's stopping us from sending writeups to Susano's site and the like?

I think Burlew said words to the effect that he would never quantify the characters' stats because that would limit him too much. It's strongly implied that Roy has 18 Int and Elan has, well, less than 10.

And there's nothing that stops us from making writeups to Susano, but then you'd have to go the other way and figure out how these characters work in Hero when we haven't figured out how they work in D&D. :)

JG

I know V has an 18 INT (s/he says so) I've always wondered why the mind flair thought Roy was more of a meal. Combination of Wisdom and Charisma? Or is Roy a fighter with a 19 Intelligence?

Bear in mind that the mind flayer is also taking personality into account. While V may have the highest raw intelligence, V is also more or less one dimensional with little/no empathy and a fairly narrow view of the world.

Belkar is clearly not wise and is cunning but not smart. Still, the mind flayer fixates on the effect that eating such a brain full of hatred and fury, not the statistical value of the INT/WIS.

Roy is not a genius, but he is above average. He's also the most well rounded and sane member of the party. Even if he hasn't got the highest combined INT/WIS (and he might), I can see why a brain eater might be more interested in his noggin.