Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:49 AM, freakboy6117 said:

Love Zap she has a very Jolt from the original Thunderbolts team with a side order of Static  thing going on it's great

Actually her name is Zap-Girl! but that didn't translate in the image. She's the NPC I use when running the game. She's a fun character to play off the others.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2011 at 7:09 AM, Storn said:

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Here is my version of Tuatha for a Champions superhero game I've been involved with. The character is a hybrid speedster-mentalist-mystic power armor conglomeration.

This is the first time I've "inked" and "pencilled" totally digitally. Usually I pencil and ink by hand. Some fantasy stuff, I skip the inking and color over pencils.. for a non-comic look. But with some new software, I wanted to see if I could do it.

It took me about 3x as long as a usual commission. I find especially the inking, new to Gimp, very difficult... took me a bit to get a solid thick to thin and vice versa solid black line. When I ink by hand, my hand doesn't shake, but the wacom -Gimp inking- I got some pretty shaky line as my tablet seems to be super sensitive... especially for long strokes along a horizontal plane. But overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Tuatha72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Has a Guyver vibe. Was that the intention?

On 9/24/2010 at 7:41 AM, Storn said:

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

This is Achilles. He was the PC of Andy Matthews, art director for Hero Games. Andy passed awhile back. His great friend Jack B. commissioned this picture in Andy's honor.

I didn't know Andy super well.... but I enjoyed working for him. I was honored to do this tribute.

Achilles72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

What were Achilles' powers and abilities?

8 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

8 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

What were Achilles' powers and abilities?

I don't know, didn't play in that game.  I just got a description.  Brick, mini-brick?  That would be my best guess, especially with the code name Achilles.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:25 PM, Storn said:

I don't know, didn't play in that game.  I just got a description.  Brick, mini-brick?  That would be my best guess, especially with the code name Achilles.  

I that's the Achilles I'm thinking of, from Global Guardians. he's a genetically engineered super-soldier, in rebellion against his gene-father, the campaign's apex supervillain, Lord Doom.

I miss the Global Guardians site.

• 2 years later...
19 hours ago, steriaca said:

Subbed and already put in my idea. Funny how it was all fantasy ideas before I did mine.

I saw that!  

Hey guys, I've let this thread really stagnate over the last few years.  But I am back to full time art after 8 years of being at a 9-5 energy company doing marketing and forklift duties (wore a lot of hats).  I have been playing supers.  It has been our own system...but I've done a lot of art for our playtest and I thought I would drop some on y'all.  And that is just scratching the surface... I've got a lot more..  But let's see if folks enjoy this before completely saturating the thread.  

Akonder Khulozai F72.jpg

Alex Chiniki F72.jpg

Explorer F72.jpg

Firefly F72.jpg

Generic flyer F72.jpg

Ironwork Cavalier Pt 2 F72.jpg

Monarch Strike F72.jpg

Panzerfaust F72.jpg

Pilium F72.jpg

Talontech F72.jpg

Vortex F72.jpg

2 hours ago, Storn said:

I saw that!  

Hey guys, I've let this thread really stagnate over the last few years.  But I am back to full time art after 8 years of being at a 9-5 energy company doing marketing and forklift duties (wore a lot of hats).  I have been playing supers.  It has been our own system...but I've done a lot of art for our playtest and I thought I would drop some on y'all.  And that is just scratching the surface... I've got a lot more..  But let's see if folks enjoy this before completely saturating the thread.  

Akonder Khulozai F72.jpg

Alex Chiniki F72.jpg

Explorer F72.jpg

Firefly F72.jpg

Generic flyer F72.jpg

Ironwork Cavalier Pt 2 F72.jpg

Monarch Strike F72.jpg

Panzerfaust F72.jpg

Pilium F72.jpg

Talontech F72.jpg

Vortex F72.jpg

Surprise !

None of these are my ideas.

Shocking no ?

More doodles from my Wednesday night game.  Well, Mongoose was done for the Name That Guy contest.... but she is a super agent, so I thought she could go here.  

Btw, I do have another contest going and only 4 entries.  Called What's Her Story.  If you subscribe to my channel and put your idea of what her backstory is in the comments section, I'm picking 2 "winners" and will do a character concept drawing for them, for FREE!  Winners will be picked this Thursday, 10/6.  

Cyber Spider F72.jpg

Manorusso F72.jpg

Mongoose F72.jpg

Phasor Fist F72.jpg