Genre-crossover nightmares

AdamLeisemann

Re: Genre-crossover nightmares

Survivor: The Island of Dr. Moreau

I may actually watch that one.

When the recent storm of reality shows hit UK TV I did come up with the idea of staging a reality show where only about 2 or 3 of the dozen contestants are actually real members of the public and the other contestants are all actors in on the secret...

Take them off to some island somewhere, give them the usual rules & so on... but then start having 'other contestants' vanish. And crew members. And have a radio blackout... Meanwhile film secretly as the genuine members of the public react to what appears to be a horror film scenario being done for real.

Then another part of my brain started screaming "LAWSUITS LAWSUITS" and I shelved the idea. Still think it would be good fun though.

Take them off to some island somewhere, give them the usual rules & so on... but then start having 'other contestants' vanish. And crew members. And have a radio blackout... Meanwhile film secretly as the genuine members of the public react to what appears to be a horror film scenario being done for real.

Then another part of my brain started screaming "LAWSUITS LAWSUITS" and I shelved the idea. Still think it would be good fun though.

Sounds suspiciously like "Scare Tactics", which I always thought was a lawsuit waiting to happen when someone had an actual heart attack...

Sounds suspiciously like "Scare Tactics"' date=' which I always thought was a lawsuit waiting to happen when someone had an actual heart attack...[/quote']

Or, this being America, I figured on a shooting when someone whipped his .38 out of their pocket and blew the 'monster' or 'mad killer' away. In fact, I think the ST producers did something like that once. The poor mark looked ready to p*** in three different colors!

Not exactly a nightmare: All Creatures Great and Smallville.

Would Sigourney return again for an Alienational Basketball Association? (For a trifecta.)

Mix supersuits and fashion for The Greatest America's Top Model?

Mystery Men In Tights.. Or wait, didn't Kevin Costner make that film?

Rambo of Sherwood Forest.

Rockybo.

Is the 700 Club really two and a third times better than the 300 Spartans? Let's put them together and find out.

Are You Smarter Than The Osbournes?

What if Clark were a little bit.. twitchier? Monkville?

Gilligan's Island of Dr. Moreau.

I'm not sure how to crossover Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the Beverly Hillbillies, but I'm going to keep trying.

And no nightmare crossover list is complete without Predator vs. Deliverance.

When the recent storm of reality shows hit UK TV I did come up with the idea of staging a reality show where only about 2 or 3 of the dozen contestants are actually real members of the public and the other contestants are all actors in on the secret...

That's what the contracts they sign prior to be accepted on the show are for. Lots of legalese that covers their, ahem, assets and makes sure that the contestants know there will be some excitement and physical challenges and such, but the whole things written so that later, they can't sue.

I despise "reality TV" with the might of a thousand suns, but I'd watch this.

I'm not sure how to crossover Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the Beverly Hillbillies, but I'm going to keep trying.

Vampire: The Beverly Hillbillies: Agents of the Wyrm.

Of course, that might go better with the Munsters or Adams Family.

We could always go for TV Family Hero: The Addams, Musters, Cunninghams, Cleavers, Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched Couple, and I Dream of Genie Couple all on one block... you could add in the Dukes and some others, too.

I wanted to dump them with a few supplies, and then just observe for a month or 3 via remote cameras, both Daytime and Night Vision.

I wonder how many would REALLY survive. :eg:

I seem to remember seeing commercials for a show called "Joe Schmo," where someone is duped into thinking he's part of a reality TV show contest. The other "contestants" were all actors who were in on the prank. After the season ended, I heard a news eport that the guy tried to sue the station for making a fool of him.

One of the stranger ones that was shown was a group of men trying to win the love of one woman. The catch: They all wore masks that covered their entire heads, so she'd love them for reasons other than their looks. I saw a clip and thought, "She's making out with Blue Man Group!" :eek:

I seem to remember seeing commercials for a show called "Joe Schmo," where someone is duped into thinking he's part of a reality TV show contest. The other "contestants" were all actors who were in on the prank. After the season ended, I heard a news eport that the guy tried to sue the station for making a fool of him.

One of the stranger ones that was shown was a group of men trying to win the love of one woman. The catch: They all wore masks that covered their entire heads, so she'd love them for reasons other than their looks. I saw a clip and thought, "She's making out with Blue Man Group!" :eek:

My twist on that one would be inspired by Phantom of the Opera - rig the winner & make sure he spent a few hours in make-up getting the prosthetics applied before the debagging.

Heck I should be a TV Exec, my ideas are so much better than the real ones

(Mind you, the real ones don't leave people emotionally scarred and litigious, so best not)