Rocket-propelled Chainsaw

Susano

Re: Rocket-propelled Chainsaw

"You must spread...."

Man, I can think of several improvements on that immediately. (I was brainstorming for a Pulp mad scientist character last night, and obviously I'm still in the mood.) Most of those are in the warhead part ... the launcher looks great.

Maybe something like this?

Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, +2 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/2) (67 Active Points); 2 clips of 1 Charge (Increased Reloading Time; -1 3/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Inaccurate 1/2 OCV (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Limited Range (15"; -1/4), 18 points

Yeah' date=' my error. I should've written "+100", not just "100".[/quote']

I thought about that after I posted. Just think, a couple hundred points, and you could have an army of goons, all armed with rocket-propelled chainsaws. :thumbup:

That is utterly twisted. It's among the Top 25 Most Twisted Ideas I've Ever Heard, and bids fair to get into the Top 10 Most Twisted Ideas I've Ever Heard.

I'm just glad they included stabilizing fins. You wouldn't want it to be unstable, now would you?

Um, unstable in the aerodynamic sense, that is.

OMG this has such potential for both overkill and silliness!

Points from the peanut gallery:

1) Write up for the weapon should probably include either uncontrolled AoE(for madly flying chainsaw, especially in an inclosed space) or a continuing charge (for hitting target and eviceration or grinding damage), plus a linked Presence Attack (as in "Holy *bleep* that was an RPC -- Rocket-Propelled CHAINSAW).

2) Write up for the weapon should probably include the limitation of Bulky and the "Hangar Queen" limitation (after all, you have to maintain a rocket and a chainsaw).

3) I like this one even better than the Man-Portable Hedghog Grenade Launcher -- it didn't launch hedgehogs, but it did launch a dozen impact-delay fused concussion grenades at once (a great thing to take out a number of infantry holed up in a building on multiple adjacent floors).

4) The drawing is very nice -- any credit to the artist?

5) I will be incorporating this one as a favorite WTF weapon employed by the Bozos gang in Cyberpunk...

Matt "Gettin'-twisted" Frisbee

Maybe something like this?

Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, +2 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/2) (67 Active Points); 2 clips of 1 Charge (Increased Reloading Time; -1 3/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Inaccurate 1/2 OCV (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Limited Range (15"; -1/4), 18 points

. . . No Real Weapon (1/4)? :D

. . . No Real Weapon (1/4)? :D

My reality meter broke when I tried putting the phrases "Rocket-propelled chainsaw" and "Real Weapon" together. :D

I think y'all are trying to lower the cost, just so you can get more of them for your army of goons. . . not that there is anythng wrong with that.

This looked like something that should've been featured on Mythbusters:

Adam: "Jaime, today we look into the famous World War Two myth that Hitler had an elite SS unit that used rocket-propelled chainsaws as weapons."

Jaime: "I think that has to be bogus. There are too many things that could go wrong with putting a chainsaw in a rocket. Heck, the rocket exhaust would probably ignite the chainsaw's gasoline!"

Adam: "Cool! Then you'd have a flaming rocket-propelled chainsaw! Let's build it!"

Jaime: "Well, at least we should get a good explosion out of it."

Narrator: As usual on Mythbusters, if there's rockets, gasoline, or chainsaws involved we have an obligation to build it.

Adam: "It's in my contract."

This looked like something that should've been featured on Mythbusters:

Adam: "Jaime, today we look into the famous World War Two myth that Hitler had an elite SS unit that used rocket-propelled chainsaws as weapons."

Jaime: "I think that has to be bogus. There are too many things that could go wrong with putting a chainsaw in a rocket. Heck, the rocket exhaust would probably ignite the chainsaw's gasoline!"

Adam: "Cool! Then you'd have a flaming rocket-propelled chainsaw! Let's build it!"

Jaime: "Well, at least we should get a good explosion out of it."

Narrator: As usual on Mythbusters, if there's rockets, gasoline, or chainsaws involved we have an obligation to build it.

Adam: "It's in my contract."

Adam has a contract???

Seriously, MythBusters is a wonderful show, and I never miss it. This sounds like the kind of myth they'd undertake.

By the way, the narrator is Robert Lee.