Dark Champions the Anime Series

Susano

Re: Dark Champions the Anime Series

Just because I can't let this thread die,

Just got done watching the untranslated episodes 17 & 18 on youtube.com -- it's looking like we'll have a full-fledged gang war between Hotel Moscow and some blokes from the Yakuza. Oh yeah, baby! I'm so looking forward to seeing "Fry Face" bare her organization's claws. :) But what does Revvy and the Schwartzenegger clone have in common and why do they hate each other so much? And does Rock finally have a love interest (besides Revvy)? And does this thing between Benny and Greenback Jane have a chance?

I think those Yakuza blokes are American gangsters. At least, that's who's gunning for our blonde-haired counterfeiter. And which Schwartzenegger clone are you talking about? Roberta the maid is the one I'm thinking of, unless you mean the Chinese (actually, Taiwanese) girl in the cheongsam. She's appeared before and is a grade-A bad-ass with those swords. She and Revvy got into a "Whack the bad-guys" contest, and Revvy came out second.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up fansubs of 16-18 the other night to catch up, and the story is defeinitely moving into higher gear. Things are definitely heating up in the story (pardon the pun :whistle:), and it looks like some MAJOR body count action is coming up. And there's still 8 episodes left to go. :eek:

I picked up fansubs of 16-18 the other night to catch up' date=' and the story is defeinitely moving into higher gear. Things are definitely heating up in the story (pardon the pun :whistle:), and it looks like some MAJOR body count action is coming up. And there's still 8 episodes left to go. :eek:[/quote']

ACK! :eek:

Must find Episode 18!!!

BTW -- I highly recommend anyone who found this series interesting to buy it when it comes out in an official DVD version. I know I intend to.

I also think if I hadn't had a chance to view it via fansub, I never would have watched it.

Oh hell yeah! I own literally hundreds of legal non-bootleg anime DVDs. This one is on my must buy list as soon as it becomes available. I only hope that they offer Revy as a bonus in the limited edition. 'Course she'd probably shoot me but it might be worth it.

I just got through with episode 15... Nobody in my gaming group but me has seen anything other than episode 1.

Is it wrong of me to want to use the vampire twins in my Dark Champions campaign. It is just so twisted and delicious that I feel dirty for even contemplating it. :eg:

I just got through with episode 15... Nobody in my gaming group but me has seen anything other than episode 1.

Is it wrong of me to want to use the vampire twins in my Dark Champions campaign. It is just so twisted and delicious that I feel dirty for even contemplating it. :eg:

Contemplating anything regarding the vampire twins should make you feel dirty. :angst:

I finally got caught up. I just finished episode 18. You think the recently departed cowboy was right about who the nun really works for? A very interesting twist.

Or, who she used to work for.

And is the Cleaner the creepiest character yet? (Aside from the vampire twins?)

Yeah pretty interesting, lots of cool Disads too; Psych Limit: Becomes Useless Without Voice Box. Distinctive Features. Physical Limitation, mute. Reputation, etc.

So Eda was once CIA or at least was once posing as CIA. She is either still is an agent or she left them and fled here for some reason. My bet is that the CIA either runs the Church of Violence or supports it in order to maintain a connection to the east Asian crime underground. The appearance of the new priest I think lends credence to the theory that the CoV is a CIA operation.

Episode 19 is rather interesting. Character development for Revi and Rock and some interesting use of English. A bit confusing, though, as the English isn't clear (check for a lack of subtitles to pick up when they're speaking English), an Rock and Revi will use Japanese when they are speaking to each other (in English) and then Revi will use English when yelling at someone who speaks only Japanese.

Oh well, at least we've established that the default lingo in back in Thailand is English for everyone -- since Balalikia speaks it and was using Rock to translate while in Japan.

Wow. I checked for its availability about 4:30 PM CST and it wasn't there then. Well no matter I am downloading as I type this.

EDIT: It was kinda cool Hearing Revi speaking English.

EDIT2: AFAIK this title will eventually be released by Geneon in the US. However, owing to some of the dark themes and images in the show I am now living in fear that it may be badly edited once its does make it debut here.

My gaming group watched the first episode of this anime just after I got it (weeks ago). All of us have been wondering what the significance of the feathers in the opening are? Is there any that anyone is aware of?

I have noticed that in various anime you will see feather drifting about. Is it something cultural?

EDIT: I am now guessing the feather have something to do with Revi's flashback to her childhood and the unpleasantness committed upon/by her.

Sanctuary (a dashing young gangster claws his bloody way up the political and criminal ladder in an effort to reform a decadent Japanese society)

Lawful Evil? Lawful Good.

Just like Darth Vader.

Well, less like him, now that the first 3 movies have come out.