Dark Champions the Anime Series

Susano

Re: Dark Champions the Anime Series

Most good video players will enable you to take a "snapshot" of a video program anytime you wish. Handy in the extreme for making screenshots or just about any video programming.

"Scanlations" are available through many of the same underground sources as anime fansubs. The main difference is that while many anime producers could care less about fansubs, manga publishers loathe scanlations as a direct threat to their business model.

Since Black Lagoon isn't for sale in the States (yet) I'm not going to worry. Interestingly, scanlations are what turned me on to Grenadier, Bleach, and Tenjo Tenge, all of which I probably would have skipped if I hadn't a chance to read a few chapters first.

I also plan to buy the Black Lagoon DVDs when the are available -- due to the fansubs.

Anyway, my question still stands, "sauce!" for the scanlations, please.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The source I found is akatsuki-manga it has been pretty slow going lately since the fellow doing the translations had a computer crash (as in his laptop got dropped, ouch!). He is only up to Book 2 Chapter 9.

If the manga were available in the US I buy it in a New York minute. Same goes for the anime. But for the time being the underground is the only way to get it in this country.

Here is the write-up of the Black Lagoon, in HDv2 format, and the picture I found to use for it. I could use a better pic. Also included are the template and export format I am using (RP Miller creations). The boat is really pretty basic when you get down to it. The torpedoes would be written up as additional vehicles. I designed the boat with a 35 knot top speed, assuming that the gasoline engines had been replace with marine diesels. The 5 DEF is equal to heavy wood and I added +3 DEF Armor to the top surfaces to account for a thin metal skin on those surfaces. The radar is a version mid-way between the Vietnam-era PBR and the modern naval patrol boat version from TUV, I figure that ought to be about right. I didn't put a computer on board since Bennie seems to be using standard commercial equipment (though first rate stuff). I guess you could add a Computer Programming lab if you wanted to make it more impressive. The pictures that I have seen in the manga confirm that the guns topside have been removed, the machine gun ring mounts are there but the guns are gone. Besides if there were any heavy guns mounted Revy would have blown-up a lot of stuff by now.

The source I found is akatsuki-manga it has been pretty slow going lately since the fellow doing the translations had a computer crash (as in his laptop got dropped' date=' ouch!). He is only up to Book 2 Chapter 9.[/quote']

Okay, so I'm all caught up there.

29 Tracks, starting with "Red Fraction" (opening theme) and ending with "Don't Look Behind" (ending theme). A mix of songs with lyrics and instrumental pieces. Contains the song Gretal sang on the Black Lagoon (but by a different vocalist) as well as the Nazi fight song the "4th Reich" guys sang.

I like it, a lot, and think is makes a good CD to play during games. If you rip it, and remove the ones that don't fit the overall mood (basically Gretal's and the Nazi's songs), it's perfect.

I also think track 10, "66 Steps" is a really creepy track. It's a great bit of mood music, especially for supernatural and/or occult scenarios.

Well, I'm up to episode 16.

To be polite

The "Twins" were perhaps two of the most Fubar'ed characters I've seen in recent memory. The entire arc was darker than what I normally have a taste for but well done enough to enjoy. The altered credits were a nice touch.

This is vague enough that it should be okay without spoiler tags.

I think she felt bad but her past is such that she accepted that this was how it had to be. She is under the eyes of her comrades and can not show emotions like that for their sake. Her men know her well enough to probably know how she feels but her strength is their strength so she can not afford to show those kinds of emotions.

This is vague enough that it should be okay without spoiler tags.

I think she felt bad but her past is such that she accepted that this was how it had to be. She is under the eyes of her comrades and can not show emotions like that for their sake. Her men know her well enough to probably know how she feels but her strength is their strength so she can not afford to show those kinds of emotions.

Yeah, that's how I saw it too. And if she didn't settle something like this absolutely and harshly it would be showing weakness to her "peers" too. I llike how the character all seems nuanced and deep with hidden and sometimes conflicting drives and motives, even relatively sideline charaters. Makes everything very interesting to watch.

Well... while browsing a 4chan thread of Black Lagoon wallpapers, some idiot posted a spoiler. If it's true, I'm not surprised... if not, I figure it's a take off on another popular spoiler.

Did get some cool Black Lagoon walls, though.

Well... while browsing a 4chan thread of Black Lagoon wallpapers, some idiot posted a spoiler. If it's true, I'm not surprised... if not, I figure it's a take off on another popular spoiler.

Did get some cool Black Lagoon walls, though.

What was it? I don't mind.

Whoa... that is a massive spoiler

But does it surprise you? It didn't me.

I will point this out -- AFAIK, the rest of Second Barrage hasn't been aired yet, so the validity of this is doubtful.

EDIT: I just checked Wikipedia -- Episode 24 aired 12-18-06. The person who posted the "spoiler" may have seen the sequences in question.

I'm waiting for my fansub source to post Episodes 23 and 24. Then I can start re-watching the episodes and start work on Black Lagoon Hero.