"The Satan Squad" Italian Crime Unit

Eosin

The Satan Squad

Seems like perfect fodder for Dark Champions.

Italian police want to set up a special unit to tackle the growth of new religious sects, particularly a violent new breed of home-grown Satanists.

The new police squad would include psychologists, as well as a priest who is an expert on the occult.

It would co-ordinate - nationwide - investigations into potentially dangerous religious movements.

The move follows a spate of high profile, gruesome murders blamed on a new generation of Satanists.

They indulge in a lethal blend of black magic, hard drugs, sex and heavy metal.

Re: "The Satan Squad" Italian Crime Unit

Quote:

Italian police want to set up a special unit to tackle the growth of new religious sects, particularly a violent new breed of home-grown Satanists.

The new police squad would include psychologists, as well as a priest who is an expert on the occult.

It would co-ordinate - nationwide - investigations into potentially dangerous religious movements.

The move follows a spate of high profile, gruesome murders blamed on a new generation of Satanists.

They indulge in a lethal blend of black magic, hard drugs, sex and heavy metal.

I renounce my atheism - SATANISM IT IS! I just skip black magic, hard drugs and heavy metal and leave that to the other boys. You have to concentrated ...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: "The Satan Squad" Italian Crime Unit

Cool article (but I do think there is justified concern that the new police unit could be used to suppress minority religions). It gave me an idea. Instead of the squad being merely violent satanists, they have a bigger agenda.

They have decided that god does not care anymore about humanity (like Heretic from the Predators book) and Lucifer was right to rebel. To assure victory in the next Heaven/Hell battle the squad press gangs good soldiers into Hell's army (not only making Satan's side stronger, but diminishing Heaven's resources as well) by forcing their victims to do something to condemn them to Hell before killing them.

Their targets would be anyone who commits action on the side of good: police officers, military personnel, vigilantes, and the PCs.

This idea works equally well in a superhero campaign.