What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

22 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I saw the premier of Knightfall, which is about the Templars. I don't think there's going to be a lot of historical accuracy.

Hide contents

And did they really have to bring the Holy Grail into this?

Yes. One of the Grail romances was likely written by a Templar knight. 

1 hour ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Warcraft. Not as bad as I expected. CGI wasn't top notch, but not as bad as it looked in the early trailers. A lot of Easter eggs, like an instance summoning stone in the background during the ride through Elwynn forest. The spear-shaking Murloc was my favorite character.

I've watched it twice, and enjoyed it both times. It may be cheesy, but darn the visuals are impressive. Too bad there is unlikey to be a sequel. :( 

I am rewatching Archer, S1-7 on Netflix.

I've watched the first episode of Godless, and I intend to watch more.

And I'm working my way through Science & Futurism with Isaac Arthur on Youtube TV. He's got lots and lots of episodes covering a range of topics, but I'm mostly watching the episodes on getting into and around in space, and space colonization, habitable worlds and the like as fodder for a possible Traveller universe. (He sticks to known science, but it's still got background information even if the existence of artificial gravity, reactionless drives and jump drives in Traveller makes a lot of this obsolete. It still gives me ideas for lower-tech worlds that don't have access to those things.)

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of games of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights this week. They're an awesome story: first year expansion teams are almost always terrible in the Big Five North American sports, but the Knights have somehow managed to draft some really good talent that other teams have cast off. They also have an abundance of heart like few clubs I have ever seen.

A few days ago they played Tampa, one of the best teams in the league (who play beautiful hockey -- the way they move the puck in particular) -- a team that should clean their clocks -- and won the game on a literal last-second shot. You see that in basketball all the time, but it is very uncommon in hockey.

Vegas has had some adversity, of course. They've used four different goalies this season due to injuries, including one who was clearly not ready for the top league (and had a game where he gave up seven goals, and was left in because they didn't have anyone else), but now that Marc-Andrei Fluery that has stabilized the position. They also have a goalie with a really bright future ahead of him in in Malcolm Subban. But overall the team has responded well.

Tonight they host a legendary player, Russian sniper Alex Ovechkin, and the Washington Capitals. I have got to see that game!

Watched Ghost in the Shell live action movie. Not as horrible as reviews indicate. They did kind of go with the basic Robocop plot, and some of the dialog was cringe-worthy, but it looks like an honest effort. I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was responsible for some of the oversimplification. Actors were all good, visuals were good, action was OK, but not great.