What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

The Pursuit of Happyness. It is a fantstic, amazing, great movie, and a deeply affecting story. Emotionally, it is a two hour long punch in the stomach. When the movie ended, I wanted to weep with relief for the characters. Fatherhood has undoubtedly made this movie significantly more powerful for me. I recommend it highly (fatherhood and the movie). I wish Scary Drifter and Jeff T were around to discuss it with.

Spiral (anime, the complete collection). OK, but not an overwhelmingly great anime.

Teen Titans Season 2. BooYaa! research for my con game...cough cough

Planetes (anime, complete collection) I enjoyed this one. A little less than satisfied with the ending, but a good character driven anime.

Mars Daybreak (anime, v1) Pretty good so far. Good character development and story line. I like the lack of whining (I can't do it) and the fact the female characters are "normal" rather than "weak" or fanservice.

Firefly the Complete Series

and

Serenity

Very Highly recommend both. Thanks QM!

Of course I am watching them while Battlestar Galactica and Heroes are on hiatus. The two best shows on television. I'm proud to say Battlestar is filmed here, and that I and some of my friends are regular extras on it - always fun.

Yeah, but those oudoor shoots for season three must have sucked. I finished Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1 - 3 (Enjoyed it) , Star Trek Enterprise Seasons 1 - 3 (Liked it), and Heroes Episode 1 - 11 (It rocks).

Saw Eragon and Pursuit of Happiness. Both good in their own ways.

Played lot and lots and lots of Battlefield 2 over the last year.

QM

Last night I watched a cool movie called Madhouse. Starts out a bit slow but gets creepy and weird fast. Sort of like watching a Robert Bloch novel on the TV. As a plus, it wasn't real gory so my attention was fixed on the story instead of the special f/x.

Recently?

Saw Layer Cake with friends post Christmas lunch - seen it before, but it was still fun second time round. Also Laputa, castle in the sky (ditto - it's amazingly good, considering its age).

Saw Pom Poko (did a little anime shopping in London :D) - very nice and not what I expected. And also saw Final Fantasy VII (it was on special...) My review is "Ooh! Sparkly!"

Saw Banlieu 13 - fairly average French action flick (It's from Luc Besson), but it has some amazing fight/action sequences. After we had seen it, we went back and watched some of the fights and chases again. :D

Also saw Infernal affairs III last night. Good movie, though not as good as I and II - and I suspect it would be *completely* incomprehensible unless you had seen both of the earlier movies.

cheers, Mark

Over the holiday I saw:-

Little Britain Abroad Parts 1 and 2

Bumper edition of Never Mind the Buzzcocks (a music quiz which had David Gest as a guest)

Flags of Our Fathers (very good indeed. I knew the Johnny Cash song about Ira Hayes but not what he was really famous for)

Episode 11 of Torchwood with a fight club using the Weevils

The Doctor Who Christmas episode.

Rocky. The first one. I had never seen it before. That is one fantastic movie. All the characters are deeply human. Stallone really did some great acting' date=' as did the rest of the cast. The sequels represent Hollywood at it's most spectacularly venal.[/quote']

2 was still pretty good. Rocky III was the turning point. But then it gave us Mr. T, so it's not all bad :D