"Hopefully, failure will be indistinguishable from success."

Chris Goodwin

Has anyone taken a look at this?

Short version: in 2057, a secret group with access to nanotechnological mind enhancement is attempting to escape Earth and the corrupt corporate governments to be found there.

It's fairly typical of self-published novels in PDF format, but I find myself seriously wishing to game in this world.

Re: "Hopefully, failure will be indistinguishable from success."

Nodes. These are the nanotech-built mind augmentation devices. They create a virtual environment for the mind, and two or more Nodes connected to the network can interact (though a lot of Nodes together attempting to create an extended environment can slow down). Build as Extradimensional Movement, to a "Virtual Community", with the Leaves Body Behind Limitation. The specific Virtual "dimension" has a different speed-up factor depending on the generation of Node used.

I'm going to study and steal the measurement system found in the, "Author's Canon," for my sword and planet campaign. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted... references the Sumerian sexagesimal numerical system... measures time and space with the same unit (the 'tock')... measures matter and energy with the same unit ( the 'speck'). Totally freaking sweet. I can't get over how much otherwise wasted time this is going to save me.

Plus, it's reminiscent of Edgar Rice Burroughs' half-conceived/semi-arbitrary Barsoomian measurements... only it's much more complete and essentially universal. :D

Going to read the novel. Thanks for posting this, Mr.Goodwin. :)

Just finished the novel, "Autonomy." It's quite good. I got pretty into it early on, and couldn't put it down. Really liked how it described a possible technological singularity. There were spots that I felt like it wasn't living up to its potential; points where I felt like the Autonomy should have been smarter or more imaginative; but otherwise a very compelling story. I was sorry when it ended. There were tons of good ideas in it.