Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

Gotta say, I have an unhealthy want for one of the .500 S&W short barreled revolvers. Either the 4" (w/ 1" compensator) or the 3". Its not one of those pistols I see myself shooting all that often, but with the .500 Special loads, it might be fun.

As far as big handguns go, I think the .44 magnum is nicely at that power range that is still easily handled. S'long as I can still empty the cylinder rapid-fire and still get decent groupings at decent ranges, its a good handgun for me... and .44 Magnum is about all I can handle with that requirement. Still, I love revolvers, and that X-frame makes me want to own at least one... and some of those new blued guns they're bringing back. *Drool*

I'd like to get one of those Monarch style shrouds with the scope rail on top, too, but not sure where to get that. Similar to the picture I posted above. I saw it once, somewhere, but can't remember where for the life of me or what it costs.

Semis are nice, too, don't get me wrong... they're just not as sexy as a revolver. =) Then again, the only semis I own are a wide-body 1911 from Springfield Armory and a Hammerli Trailside.

Anybody tried one of those new CZ-75 SP-01's? That looks like a nice gun... and I want that "tactical block" for amusement if nothing else... hehehe... a bayonette on a handgun! hahaha...

For me, I like revolvers enough, they look sexy for the most part, and nothing beat a huge revolver for intimidation; besides, I live in the desert, and if your out camping and you want a nice "belt pistol" you don't have to worry about a revolver jamming because a grain of sand got into the slide.

As far as old revolvers go, I loved the old old Dragoon (I think it was colt, or "navy" or something like that)

Outside of that, I'm an automatics guy, but I like the basics, 1911 clones for me mostly. Though If you want to get cute about it I love the way Sigs look. Berettas are ok, and functional.

IMHO Glocks are ugly, though a great weapon, I don't like them much. Mostly, I think, because of the media coverage they get... it's kind of like with the newest pop bands, everyone else likes them, so I don't. As far as that goes, it's the same way I feel about the Desert Eagle... though they Baby-Eagle is a nice weapon.

Never really liked the front assembly on Czech weapons... never fired one though. That CZ-75 SP-01 with the rail under the front looks better than most Czech pistols.

you roll it into an "I'd like to get package" and I'll say the H&K Mk 23, that's my pistol of choice... (outside of concealment options, due to the freaking size of that monster)

Gotta say, I have an unhealthy want for one of the .500 S&W short barreled revolvers. Either the 4" (w/ 1" compensator) or the 3". Its not one of those pistols I see myself shooting all that often, but with the .500 Special loads, it might be fun.

As far as big handguns go, I think the .44 magnum is nicely at that power range that is still easily handled. S'long as I can still empty the cylinder rapid-fire and still get decent groupings at decent ranges, its a good handgun for me... and .44 Magnum is about all I can handle with that requirement. Still, I love revolvers, and that X-frame makes me want to own at least one... and some of those new blued guns they're bringing back. *Drool*

I'd like to get one of those Monarch style shrouds with the scope rail on top, too, but not sure where to get that. Similar to the picture I posted above. I saw it once, somewhere, but can't remember where for the life of me or what it costs.

Semis are nice, too, don't get me wrong... they're just not as sexy as a revolver. =) Then again, the only semis I own are a wide-body 1911 from Springfield Armory and a Hammerli Trailside.

Anybody tried one of those new CZ-75 SP-01's? That looks like a nice gun... and I want that "tactical block" for amusement if nothing else... hehehe... a bayonette on a handgun! hahaha...

Yeah, I'm a sixgun man m'self, as well.

I like manual actions of all sorts.

I really wanna move up to a being a tengun man... but it's gonna be a while before I can afford that LeMat repro...

Yeah, I'm a sixgun man m'self, as well.

I like manual actions of all sorts.

I really wanna move up to a being a tengun man... but it's gonna be a while before I can afford that LeMat repro...

While the LeMat does intrique me a bit, I'd have to get my hands on one before I made a decision one way or the other. How much is the reproduction and is it going to be setup for black powder or smokeless? I've very little experience with the single action style revolvers, much less cap and ball. =)

The Navy referred to earlier is a pretty sexy revolver, especially the nicely contoured and blued versions. If there was one in a cartridge conversion for modern rounds, I'd get that. I'm just not into the whole cap and ball thing. From my understanding, there are quite a few different variations on the Navy, from the contours to all the usual (caliber, barrel length, etc.)

While the LeMat does intrique me a bit, I'd have to get my hands on one before I made a decision one way or the other. How much is the reproduction and is it going to be setup for black powder or smokeless? I've very little experience with the single action style revolvers, much less cap and ball. =)

The Navy referred to earlier is a pretty sexy revolver, especially the nicely contoured and blued versions. If there was one in a cartridge conversion for modern rounds, I'd get that. I'm just not into the whole cap and ball thing. From my understanding, there are quite a few different variations on the Navy, from the contours to all the usual (caliber, barrel length, etc.)

I'm still undecided on that myself.

Suffice to say, I love both kinds of sixguns, and a big part of me wants the LeMat in a cap-and-ball, just for the cool factor. I always enjoy bringing the Colt Navy 1851 copy to the range, because it's dirt cheap to shoot and takes a long time, so I can stretch out and afternoon of shooting without bankrupting myself with the big frame magnums.

Not that I'm sure there's a choice. I've heard of lots of different LeMat versions being made, but the only one I know of is around $750.

Speaking of extra shells, I'm kinda interested in the Taurus 608. I like the idea of an 8 shot .357 on a .44 frame.

I'm still undecided on that myself.

Suffice to say, I love both kinds of sixguns, and a big part of me wants the LeMat in a cap-and-ball, just for the cool factor. I always enjoy bringing the Colt Navy 1851 copy to the range, because it's dirt cheap to shoot and takes a long time, so I can stretch out and afternoon of shooting without bankrupting myself with the big frame magnums.

Not that I'm sure there's a choice. I've heard of lots of different LeMat versions being made, but the only one I know of is around $750.

Speaking of extra shells, I'm kinda interested in the Taurus 608. I like the idea of an 8 shot .357 on a .44 frame.

Usually, cartridge conversions are a matter of gunsmiths rather than reproduction shops. So I'll likely not get one of either the LeMat or the Navy. :(

If 8-shot .357s is your thing, S&W has their 627 version in standard and Performance Center trim. 5" barrel is standard, with contoured shroud. Very sexy, and 5" is my preferred barrel length for N-frames... which are few and far between.

I have little experience with Taurus except that I didn't like their Milleniun series of pistols. Very cheap, but poorly constructed, with pins creeping out within 10 rounds fired. No malfunctions, but had to keep pushing them back in. Thankfully, it was an acquaintence's gun, not mine. I hear the revolvers are better, though. I also like the tracker concept and was intrigued by the medium frame .45 ACP 5-shot revolver.

Too many guns I'd like to buy, but alas... raising a family precludes my excessive gun ownership wants. :D

My brother has a trailside, what a sweet gun! I already had a browning buckmark "field/Target 5.5'" so I couldn't begin to justify buying one. :(

Too many guns I'd like to buy, but alas... raising a family precludes my excessive gun ownership wants. :D

I know what you mean, there are lots of guns I would like to get, and theoretically I could afford them but it would be at the cost of other hobbies / vacations etc. I have the basics I need to defend myself from zombie hordes :whistle: so its hard to justify some of the additions I'd like to get. It is particularly hard since I don't have the time to actually get to the range anymore.

My brother has a trailside' date=' what a sweet gun! I already had a browning buckmark "field/Target 5.5'" so I couldn't begin to justify buying one. :([/quote']

Yeah, shoots really nice. I wish I could justify buying one of those barrel weights for the front, but they're rather pricey for what you get, and I don't need it so much as just desire a little extra weight in front.

Is your bro's finicky with ammo? Mine doesn't like fowling, the chamber is way tight, and we all know about .22 long rifle and fowling... so I can't buy the cheap stuff unless I wanna clean the pistol every 20-50 rounds. I have to buy the OH so expensive $1+ ammo. =) Seriously, I normally buy powerpoints for it, since it just runs pretty clean for rimfire.

I hope you have one of the older buckmarks. The new ones have terrible triggers, at least from my experience. I dry-fired one and it was "crunchy" as if it had to grind past something or had two or three mini-break points or something. The closest pistol to the Trailside's for good break? The Ruger, oddly enough. I didn't like the beretta neo (also "crunchy"), the browning, or the walther one (double action .22? and small) ... though, the walther, to be honest, was a small version of their P99. =) I only looked at it cuz it was kind of cute. hehe. Cute guns are funny. =)

Kind of like this derringer, which I know is just an airsoft model, but it has a very odd "tactical elite uber-operator" look on a derringer, which is just cute in its silliness. :D

Yeah, shoots really nice. I wish I could justify buying one of those barrel weights for the front, but they're rather pricey for what you get, and I don't need it so much as just desire a little extra weight in front.

Is your bro's finicky with ammo? Mine doesn't like fowling, the chamber is way tight, and we all know about .22 long rifle and fowling... so I can't buy the cheap stuff unless I wanna clean the pistol every 20-50 rounds. I have to buy the OH so expensive $1+ ammo. =) Seriously, I normally buy powerpoints for it, since it just runs pretty clean for rimfire.

I hope you have one of the older buckmarks. The new ones have terrible triggers, at least from my experience. I dry-fired one and it was "crunchy" as if it had to grind past something or had two or three mini-break points or something. The closest pistol to the Trailside's for good break? The Ruger, oddly enough. I didn't like the beretta neo (also "crunchy"), the browning, or the walther one (double action .22? and small) ... though, the walther, to be honest, was a small version of their P99. =) I only looked at it cuz it was kind of cute. hehe. Cute guns are funny. =)

Kind of like this derringer, which I know is just an airsoft model, but it has a very odd "tactical elite uber-operator" look on a derringer, which is just cute in its silliness. :D

I'll ask my brother about finickiness. A friend of my dad's had the Walther P22, he liked to carry it, but decided its accuracy wasn't good enough to bother with.

My dad and he both have "Marvel" brand .22 conversion units for 1911s. They ship them with a button made out of a target they are tested on at iirc 50 yards. Usually one large ragged hole!:nonp::thumbup:

http://www.marvelprod.com/beauty.htm

World's Largest Shotgun

World's Largest Shotgun

giantlarge_7.jpg

The world's largest shotgun aka Punt Gun measures 10-feet long and has a 2-inch barrel. Due to its size and recoil, this gun has to be mounted directly on the punts. Just a single blast could wipe out 50-100 ducks resting on the water's surface.

More:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/feature-world-s-largest-shotgun-with-video-demonstration-

Check out a company called Cimarron at:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/

Check under revolvers-conversion. These are copies of Colt Navy's that are converted from cap and ball to brass cartridge. They are not "modern" loads but at least they fire black powder cartridges usually in .45 LC.

Check under revolvers-conversion. These are copies of Colt Navy's that are converted from cap and ball to brass cartridge. They are not "modern" loads but at least they fire black powder cartridges usually in .45 LC.

we've got a Peacemaker converted to .45 LC brass. It's fun to shoot;

Here's a fun one I dug up while researching wall guns....

A Volley Wall Gun! Woot!

Thanks for the link. Didn't know they were selling conversions from the factory. Neat. =) Looks like a conversion cylinder is all you really need for most models. Very cool. Didn't really see the rendition I liked best, but some cool ones. Thanks so much! Must spread rep... =/