Fighting Game Hero

Enforcer84

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Champsguy

Re: Fighting Game Hero

Man, I forgot all about this thread. It's good to see it surface again. Re-reading it, however, reminds me that the city in Final Fight was actually Metro City, not Mega City.

Anyone remember the name of the city in Double Dragon?

Guest Champsguy

Let's see, we could also toss in the Soul Edge. I'm sure some of those Samurai Showdown types would go after that.

I really just want to see Sagat kick the crap out of Joe Higashi.

Let's see, we could also toss in the Soul Edge. I'm sure some of those Samurai Showdown types would go after that.

I really just want to see Sagat kick the crap out of Joe Higashi.

How can you hate Joe? 'Sides, Sagat does that & Joe's just gonna get up again, if only so he can moon Sagat.

One thing wrong with the writeups:

They don't have RAGE Meters!

If you are going to write up characters from an SNK fighting game, you have to give them a Rage Meter to fuel their Desperation Moves! It needs to consist of two powers: Absorbtion (to End Reserve) and Aid (to Endurance Reserve). The Absorbtion represents the characters getting hit by attacks and fueling their Rage. The Aid represents the characters using Chi to fuel their Rage, as you are able to do in the actual games (by pressing three attack buttons simultaneously) and when the "meter" is full, they can do their ultimate attacks (later versions of the KoF games, each character had at least 2 Ultimate attacks that needed to be powered up)

Some games have the characters build "levels" on their Rage Meter...each time they fill it up, they get a "level". The specific Desperation Move they can use depends on how many "Levels" they've built up on their Rage Meter, up to a maximum of Level 3. To simulate this, simply have an End Reserve of up to 30 points with every 10pts representing 1 level. A Level 1 Desperation move would cost 10 End, a level 2 Desperation move would cost 20 End and a Level 3 Ultimate Desperation move would cost all 30 End. Simply use the Increased End limitation to adjust the Enurance cost of each move accordingly (or Reduced End if necessary, but no level 1 Desperation Move should be over 100 Active points!)

See Ninja Hero page 29-30 for more on Absorbtion and Aid in building Rage Meters....

Similar power constructs can be used to simulate Limit Breaks a'la Final Fantasy and other Console-style RPG's...

One thing wrong with the writeups:

They don't have RAGE Meters!

If you are going to write up characters from an SNK fighting game, you have to give them a Rage Meter to fuel their Desperation Moves! It needs to consist of two powers: Absorbtion (to End Reserve) and Aid (to Endurance Reserve). The Absorbtion represents the characters getting hit by attacks and fueling their Rage. The Aid represents the characters using Chi to fuel their Rage, as you are able to do in the actual games (by pressing three attack buttons simultaneously) and when the "meter" is full, they can do their ultimate attacks (later versions of the KoF games, each character had at least 2 Ultimate attacks that needed to be powered up)

Some games have the characters build "levels" on their Rage Meter...each time they fill it up, they get a "level". The specific Desperation Move they can use depends on how many "Levels" they've built up on their Rage Meter, up to a maximum of Level 3. To simulate this, simply have an End Reserve of up to 30 points with every 10pts representing 1 level. A Level 1 Desperation move would cost 10 End, a level 2 Desperation move would cost 20 End and a Level 3 Ultimate Desperation move would cost all 30 End. Simply use the Increased End limitation to adjust the Enurance cost of each move accordingly (or Reduced End if necessary, but no level 1 Desperation Move should be over 100 Active points!)

See Ninja Hero page 29-30 for more on Absorbtion and Aid in building Rage Meters....

Similar power constructs can be used to simulate Limit Breaks a'la Final Fantasy and other Console-style RPG's...

You are right! I have it on my Rugal Bernstein... But Andy, I forgot!

Sweet thread! Wish I had known it was here from the beginning! I'm a big fighting game fan, after all. The one thing I'd like to add is the explanation of Dan Hibiki's dislike of Sagat( (why?) as put in the disad.)...his father, Go Hibiki(an homage to SNK's monstrous Mr. Karate) fought Sagat, and was the man that took his eye...Sagat in turn took Go's life(as seen in several SF Alpha 2 pics).

Back in the day I converted characters from Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Battle Arena Tohshinden, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, etc. for the old Street Fighter RPG from White Wolf. It'd be fun to try and re-build them in Hero. Not to mention some original characters, plus the three lieutenants of "Shadaloo" created by White Wolf(Sagat's pupil Hu The Tiger, M.Bison protege/fellow Ler Drit user Lady Death, and the evil Kabaddi practicioner...)

Sweet thread! Wish I had known it was here from the beginning! I'm a big fighting game fan, after all. The one thing I'd like to add is the explanation of Dan Hibiki's dislike of Sagat( (why?) as put in the disad.)...his father, Go Hibiki(an homage to SNK's monstrous Mr. Karate) fought Sagat, and was the man that took his eye...Sagat in turn took Go's life(as seen in several SF Alpha 2 pics).

Back in the day I converted characters from Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Battle Arena Tohshinden, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, etc. for the old Street Fighter RPG from White Wolf. It'd be fun to try and re-build them in Hero. Not to mention some original characters, plus the three lieutenants of "Shadaloo" created by White Wolf(Sagat's pupil Hu The Tiger, M.Bison protege/fellow Ler Drit user Lady Death, and the evil Kabaddi practicioner...)

My pet project for this year is "The World of Edean" my consol Fantasy World. I've run a bit dry while my life unravels a bit, but I sense I'll get pretty far in completing it by fall, so next year? A "Fighting Game" World. I want it to be fairly generic, recognizable, but not copyright violating. Will probably see what genre conventions need to be set for a good Fighting World.

anyway. give me a second here....

Karin Kanzuki

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13 STR 3 12- Lift 151.6kg; 2 1/2d6 [1]

21 DEX 33 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 CON 16 13-

12 BODY 4 11-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

16 EGO 12 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

18 COM 4 13-

14 PD 8 Total: 14 PD (3 rPD)

11 ED 4 Total: 11 ED (3 rED)

5 SPD 19 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 2

40 END 2

40 STUN 12 Total Characteristic Cost: 132

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

20 Rage Filler: Absorption 2d6 (energy, Energy/Physical), Varying Effect (+1) (20 Active Points)

3 Rage Meter: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 0 REC) Reserve: (5 Active Points); Begins Combat at Zero (-1/2); REC: , Filled by Rage Filler (+0); Personal REC (-1/2)

17 Kourenken: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

23 Hou Shou: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (35 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 3

Notes: Attack does KnockDOWN rather than KB. Just has twice the chance.

18 Mujin Kyaku: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6 (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Requires 2 to hit rolls (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 4

26 Ara-kuma Inashi: Knee Gut Crush: Double Knockback (+3/4); No Knockback: Knockdown Only (-1/4) for up to 35 Active Points (26 Active Points) 3

Notes: This adds a "throw" element to the Knee Gut Crush by allowing for Knockdown, as the Hou Shou

12 Yasha Gaeshi: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Requires to hit roll at -2 (-1/2) 2

24 Shinpikaibyaku: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Desparation Move: Can only use if Rage Meter is Full (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 6

30 Kououken: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective Target (One Hex; +1/4), Autofire (3 shots; +1 1/4) (75 Active Points); Desperation Move: Can only use when Rage Meter is full (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 7

Kanzuki Style Karate

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

3 Dropping Elbow +0 +2 6 1/2d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab

4 Escape +0 +0 38 STR vs. Grabs

3 Grab/Hold -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 33 STR for holding on

4 Gut Punch/Snap Kick +0 +2 6 1/2d6 Strike

3 Jab/Straight Kick +1 +0 6 1/2d6 Strike

4 Knee Gut Crush +0 +0 8 1/2d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

3 Legsweep +2 -1 5 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls

5 Roundhouse Kick/Rising Uppercut/Duo Direction Punch -2 +1 8 1/2d6 Strike

5 Step Axe Kick/Flying Crescent Kick +1 -2 8 1/2d6 Strike

Perks

5 Business World: Contact (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 12-

30 Ikoru: Battling Butler: Follower

30 Mansion: Base

2 Princess Warrior: Reputation (A medium-sized group) ; 11-, +2/+2d6

15 Money: Filthy Rich

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

6 Quick Witted: Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Analyze: Style 12-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 High Society 13-

2 KS: Business World 11-

2 KS: Martial Arts World 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 332

Total Cost: 464

200+ Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Blond Asian girl: Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

10 Distinctive Features: Style Disadvantage: Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

20 Hunted: Father 14- (Very Frequently), More Powerful, NCI, Watching

5 Hunted: Other Fighters of note 11-, As Powerful, Watching

0 Hunted: Tabloids 11- (Frequently), Less Powerful, Watching

10 Hunted: Occasional Terrorist/Kidnapper: 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish

20 Hunted: Shadow Law: 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Harshly Punish

10 Physical Limitation: Slightly built (+2" Knockback) (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Driven to succeed at all endeavors (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: More than a little Spoiled (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Proud of family heritage (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Spoiled Princess: , Frequently (11-)

10 Rivalry: Sakura: Professional and Romantic (; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

114 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 464

Background/History: Spoiled rich girl, friend and rival of Sakura. She probably would try to steal Shingo, but maybe not. She is a fan of Ken's and probably her family and his are acquainted.

Personality/Motivation: Her family motto is "always succeed". You get the idea that they might be a bit, um Competitive? Well she is. To her credit, she wishes to achieve her success by herself, not through underhanded means.

Quote: "'All you need is victory!' That's the motto of my family!"

"To defeat an opponent is to get to know them intimately..."

"Someone of your breeding could never stand a chance against me!"

"Would you like to be my servant? You may start right now!"

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Blond Hair, Blue eyes, curls. Wears a "sailor suit" red with blue and white trim. Also wears Karate hand guards.

I've made little background changes on the characters; ages and such to keep them at the point where they'd be about now. Also I've done a lot of work to make them all share a single world.

If I actually go through with my Fighting Game World, I'll need to use original, if generic characters. But for my conversions we used a shared SNK/Capcom world. I am thinking of adding the Tekken fighters to my "Game World" simply because they have been really good at maintianing a storyline and the characters are quite interesting. They also have several exhibiting nearly superhuman powers which is a requirement :D

Okay, I've got Karin almost finished, I think but what is her Rekaken? If I know what it's supposed to accomplish and what it looks like I can work it.

BTW, one of the things I was planning on using when we played in the "King of (Street)Fighters" world was the option of playing in the future where Mel Masters, Sara (Guile's daugher) and others would be neophyte warriors and the top notch fighters included Sakura, Shingo, Karin, Bao, Athena, Chris, and the other "Fighting Children" of today...

Re: Fighting Game HeroAthena AsimayaVal Char Cost Roll Notes13 STR 3 12- Lift 151.6kg; 2 1/2d6 [1]23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 823 CON 26 14-12 BODY 4 11-20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-25 EGO 30 14- ECV: 820 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d616 COM 3 12-10/16 PD 7 Total: 10/16 PD (0/6 rPD)15/21 ED 10 Total: 15/21 ED (0/6 rED)6 SPD 27 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 1210 REC 450 END 250 STUN 19 Total Characteristic Cost: 203Movement: Running: 8"/16" Leaping: 5"/10" Swimming: 4"/8" Teleportation: 10"/160"Cost Powers END107 Psychic Attacks and Special Maneuvers: Multipower, 107-point reserve6u 1) Empathic Light: Energy Blast 8d6, Indirect: Same Location & Fires Away (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (60 Active Points) 27u 2) Hearts Brigade: (Total: 107 Active Cost, 70 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Autofire (10 shots; +1) (87 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Attacks all made at same target (-1/4) (Real Cost: 50) plus Generic Fixed-Cost Power (20 Active Points) (Real Cost: 20) 33u 3) Life Energy Ball (Energy Blast): Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); Reduced by Range (-1/4) 43u 4) Soul Reflect (Missile Deflection): Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +3 OVC with Deflection, Missile Reflection (46 Active Points); Only vs Energy Attacks (-1/2)5u 5) Soul Absorb: (Total: 70 Active Cost, 46 Real Cost) Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +3 OVC with Deflection (26 Active Points); Only vs Energy Attacks (-1/2) (Real Cost: 17) plus Aid 2d6, Can Add Maximum Of 60 Points (44 Active Points); Can only roll for AID when successfully deflects attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 29)20 Elemental Control: Psychic Abilities: Elemental Control, 40-point powers13 1) Dragon Sight (Clairsentience): Precognitive, Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group) (60 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2) 620 2) Mind Probe (Telepathy): Telepathy 8d6 (40 Active Points) 420 3) Soul Searching (Mind Scan): Mind Scan 8d6 (40 Active Points) 420 4) Teleportation 10", Improved Noncombat Movement (x16), x2 Increased Mass (40 Active Points) 48 Instant Change: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (10 Active Points); Limited Target: Own Clothes Slightly Limited (-1/4) 13 Rage Meter: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 0 REC) Reserve: (5 Active Points); Begins Combat at Zero (-1/2); REC: , Filled by Rage Filler (+0); Personal REC (-1/2)33 Rage Filler: Absorption 2d6 (energy/Physical, Rage Meter), Can Absorb Maximum Of 25 Points' Worth Of Energy/Physical Damage, Varying Effect (+1) (33 Active Points)Hsing- IManeuver OCV DCV Notes12 +3 HTH Damage Class(es)5 Axe Kick/Leaping Kick +1 -2 9 1/2d6 Strike4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort5 Defensive Block +1 +3 Block, Abort4 Eagle Claw +1 -1 Grab One Limb, 25 STR for holding on5 Grappling Block +1 +1 Grab One Limb, Block4 Hand Strike/Low Kick +0 +2 7 1/2d6 Strike5 Monkey Slap -2 +1 9 1/2d6 Strike4 Nerve Strike -1 +1 3 1/2d6 NND3 Takedown +1 +1 5 1/2d6 Strike; Target Falls3 Throw +0 +1 5 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls4 Tiger Push +0 +0 43 STR to Shove1 Weapon Element: Blades1 Weapon Element: Polearms1 Weapon Element: SpearTalents12 Shields of Athena: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)27 Danger Sense (self only, any danger, Function as a Sense) 13-Skills25 +5 with HTH Combat3 Acrobatics 14-3 Analyze: Style 13-3 Breakfall 14-3 Climbing 14-3 Defense Maneuver I 3 Linguist1 1) Language: Cantonese (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)3 2) Language: English (completely fluent)0 3) Language: Japanese (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)3 4) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent)3 Oratory 13-3 PS: Musician: Piano 14-3 PS: Musician: Vocalist 13-3 Paramedics 13-3 Scholar2 1) KS: Astrology (3 Active Points) 13-2 2) KS: Chinese Healing (3 Active Points) 13-2 3) KS: Chinese Philosophy (3 Active Points) 12-2 4) KS: Hsing-I (3 Active Points) 13-1 5) KS: Lacross (2 Active Points) 11-2 6) KS: Martial Arts World (3 Active Points) 13-2 7) KS: Music Industry (3 Active Points) 12-2 8) KS: Psychic and Supernatural Phenomena (3 Active Points) 13-3 Shadowing 13-3 Sleight Of Hand 14-3 Stealth 14-3 Teamwork 14-3 Tracking 13-2 WF: Common Melee WeaponsTotal Powers & Skill Cost: 465Total Cost: 668200+ Disadvantages5 DNPC: Bao 11- (As powerful as the PC)5 DNPC: Sou Kensai 11- (As powerful as the PC)10 Distinctive Features: Psychic Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)10 Hunted: Evil Psychics 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)10 Hunted: Fighters of Note 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)20 Hunted: NESTS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)10 Hunted: Supernatural Opponent 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)15 Psychological Limitation: Kind hearted and giving (Very Common, Moderate)15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Friends/Teammates (Common, Strong)20 Psychological Limitation: Sworn to Confront and defeat Evil (Common, Total)15 Reputation: J-Pop Star, 11- (Extreme)5 Reputation: Powerful Psychic Fighter, 8-10 Style Limitation: Hsing - I318 Experience PointsTotal Disadvantage Points: 668Background/History: From King of Fighters Online Fan site:Fighting Style: Chinese Martial Arts + Psychic powersBirthdate: 14th MarchNationality: JapanBlood Type: B+Height: 163 cmWeight: 49 kgMeasurements: 83 cm, 57 cm, 82 cmLikes: AstrologyFav. Food: Strawberry cakesStrong Sports: LacrossImportant Things: Peter Rabbit teacup setDisliked Things: GrasshoppersAthena is said to be the present incarnation of the Greek goddess Athena (Saint Seiya?), the goddess of the earth. However, even if she did have a divine reputation, Athena always tries to act like a normal girl, doing such typical stuff for girls such as going to school, shopping, and of course, listening to music! In fact, Athena likes to sing a lot. Her voice almost lets out her divine attributes, and Athena seems to put a lot of feeling in it (although most people think the contrary!).Athena has always been concerned of the evil roaming around the world, and the increasing amount of crime as well. Having been born with a special psychic power, based on the power of the resurrection bird, the Phoenix, Athena vows to use her powers in order to fight for justice, and make evil recoil! However, even a resurrected, psychic, goddess, justice fighter needs some help. While she was traveling back to home from school, she finds a pair of Chinese fellows fighting against a local criminal tough guy. One of them was about Athena's age; the other was just an old drunkard! Both seem to have problems with the big lug, since they don't seem to take the battle too seriously. Athena, taking everything seriously, blows the thug away with a psychic blast; much to the surprise and delight of the two sidekicks. The young boy, later introduced to her as Sie Kensou, proved to take an immediate liking towards Athena. Athena asked the two if they would be willing to help her fight evil. Sie agreed immediately, and as for the old man, soon known as Chin Gentsai, well, he decided to tag along as well...Soon enough, all three began to fight against crime and evil in Japan. Since Kensou also seemed to manage psychic powers as well, the trio was soon to be known as the Psycho Soldiers! All three fought bravely against any evildoers, although most of them didn't pass from your run-of-the-mill criminal or a mob leader.Meanwhile, Athena decided to continue her studies in high school. She is certainly very attracted to Kyo Kusanagi, one of her classmates, but she decided to leave it alone, since she is also a very good friend of Yuki, Kyo's girlfriend (even though it causes quite a scene of fury from Kensou!). She then begins to hear rumors of the King of Fighters tournament, and soon enough, she receives an invitation to participate. Taking along her sidekicks, Athena decides to show the world what true justice does, and in the meanwhile, fight those who threaten mankind. During the pass of the tournaments, Athena has grown more mature and responsible in order to keep up with her duties as a justice fighter. She also has to keep up rejecting Kensou, since the young man doesn't seem to understand when to quit proposing himself to Athena! However, after three tournaments, the Psycho Solider team begins to spark more and more popularity among the world, especially among the young people, who are encouraged with the actions of the brave Psycho Soliders. Athena always forces herself to be the best, not pretending to lose the confidence of thousands of young men and women around the world who send her thousands of letters each week! It was even one fan letter from a invalid girl named Kaori which encouraged her to enter the King of Fighters '97, competition which she did not accept to enter at first. After all, Athena is fighting for the goodfare of all mankind, so she is always up and ready for the challenge! After defending justice for so many years, Athena and her Psycho Soldiers got a well-deserved rest for two years...Period of time in which Athena met Bao, an adoptive student of Chin. Athena liked the kid very much, since he was so cute and so friendly. Bao seemed to like Athena very much as well, and since he too, had very potent psychic powers, he decided to take a cue from Athena's psychic techniques in order to get started. However, Athena could not resist her worries about Kensou, who had begun to lose his psychic powers for some unknown reason. This brought the team to the The King of Fighters '99....Athena fought bravely along her comrades, but once she realized the real purpose of the tournament, being a set-up by Krizalid, Athena decides to take the bad guy down! However, before Athena and the Psycho Soldiers could arrive to the underground base, there was an explosion, and the passage began to fall down! Athena demanded an escape, but midway through, a heavy rock falls on Athena's leg, and can not budge it free. Another rock is about to fall atop Athena and Athena faints before it can hit her. However, Kensou, turning on what remained of his psychic powers, manages to rescue her and exits to salvation....Athena is known to be a very sweet girl among her friends, and very polite too. She is never rude except among gangsters and sometimes, Kensou (whenever he decides to pester a lot). She always helps her friends, and always takes her time to live her life as a normal girl. After all, she has a lot more to live, and life is short! Athena also respects master Chin a lot, although she wishes she will stop drinking for his own health. Being very concerned to where the world is heading to, Athena decides to fight hard for all mankind!Profile from King of Fighters 2003.BTW - they might have done a reboot on the birthdate for some characters. Athena is on the "Highschool Girls Team" and IIRC she should be 23 by now. So.....Background cheefully taken from Tormented Battles, and indepth look at the King of Fighters games (2001)

Athena Asimaya and King of Fighters are owned by SNK.Personality/Motivation: Athena is a dedicated battler of evil, she spends much of her time either training or fighting. The rest of the time is spent trying to be a singing idol. Depending on who you ask, she's either very good or very annoying. In combat she seeks to protect innocents first and win prestige second.Quote: "Take that, Evil!"Powers/Tactics: A trained marital artist with psychic powers. Athena generally fights defensively at first to gauge her opponents strengths, then she lets loose with her psychic attacks or physical attacks depending on which is more suited for the opponent.Campaign Use: A crusading teenager. Athena is a standard girl fighter in terms of physical characteristics, if she's too tough for your fighters drop her dex to 20 and her CON to 18, make her defenses 8 and 12 respectively and drop afew of her special maneuvers. If she's too weak, consider lightning reflexes, a few more combat skill levels and some new psychic abilities.Appearance: Pretty teenager with purple hair and blue (or brown depending on who you ask) eyes. She tends to wear red and purple. Always with hearts and/or stars in the design.

Guest Champsguy

I've made little background changes on the characters; ages and such to keep them at the point where they'd be about now. Also I've done a lot of work to make them all share a single world.

If I actually go through with my Fighting Game World, I'll need to use original, if generic characters. But for my conversions we used a shared SNK/Capcom world. I am thinking of adding the Tekken fighters to my "Game World" simply because they have been really good at maintianing a storyline and the characters are quite interesting. They also have several exhibiting nearly superhuman powers which is a requirement :D

I've decided that I'll be running a game like this this summer, once our King of Fighters expert gets back from Chicago. So far I've got Street Fighter, KOF, AOF, Fatal Fury, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, World Heroes, Bad Dudes, and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. :)

Guest Champsguy

Okay' date=' I've got Karin almost finished, I think but what is her Rekaken? If I know what it's supposed to accomplish and what it looks like I can work it. [/quote']

Well, if it's anything like Fei Long's, a Rekaken is a series of 3 lightning fast punches. Fei Long slides about two steps forward with each punch, and his fist is on fire. I'd assume that hers would be the same.

BTW, one of the things I was planning on using when we played in the "King of (Street)Fighters" world was the option of playing in the future where Mel Masters, Sara (Guile's daugher) and others would be neophyte warriors and the top notch fighters included Sakura, Shingo, Karin, Bao, Athena, Chris, and the other "Fighting Children" of today...

That's pretty sweet. I think I'm setting ours in the mid 90s, to take advantage of all the gang violence going on at the time. :)

Guest Champsguy

Okay I noticed I have two maneuvers that do 2x KB and then only do Knockdown. One is limited' date=' the other not. Do you think KNockdown only is worth a limitation?[/quote']

Sure. The majority of the point cost from x2 KB comes from (IMO) knocking them into an object because of it.

I've decided that I'll be running a game like this this summer' date=' once our King of Fighters expert gets back from Chicago. So far I've got Street Fighter, KOF, AOF, Fatal Fury, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, World Heroes, Bad Dudes, and Mike Tyson's Punch Out. :)[/quote']

Sweet. Look up "Rage of Dragons" its an updated fighter using the Double Dragon Heroes and some interesting new fighters...

For Steracia...

Karin or at least how she looks now...

Karin Kanzuki

Lots of snip.

Oh my...my goddess in curls...the only charater I realy am sorta good at. :cry:

She is so beutiful. And so is her writup.

Steriaca.

I should. It is a good write up. And my handel over on the Living Room Games bboard is karinfan (thay are doing the "Capcom World Touriment" RPG' date=' you know).[/quote']

Yup ... and they should do Capcom vs. Hero ;)