[for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

JmOz

Re: [for fun] The Blue Moon Killer vs. Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

I just like that the BMK is being referred to as "Harby" ... it's like the Elmo version of a psychotic gun toting killer.
I'm glad to entertain. :) It's based on an encounter I imagined during 4E between HoJ and Twerpitron, a Mechanon robot reprogrammed by Merry Andrew (the "leader" of CLOWN)....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fonz walks into the alley, where he finds a punk mugging some girl. From the other end, the BMK walks in and discovers the same thing. Fonz punches the guy, knocking him into the hail of the Harbingers assault rifle. Fonz stays to woo the girl with his cool and Harbinger walks out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Fonz walks into the alley, where he finds a punk mugging some girl. From the other end, the BMK walks in and discovers the same thing. Fonz punches the guy, knocking him into the hail of the Harbingers assault rifle. Fonz stays to woo the girl with his cool and Harbinger walks out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"Only one will walk away!" One walk... one teleports.

Classic comicbook resolution. :D

• 1 year later...

I recently refound this thread when I was looking up an (entirely unrelated thread) in the dark champions boards, thought it would be fun to see what are newer board members have to say (and how us old dogs may have changed)...ok, just thought it was a funny thread and I like to laugh

Suckers. Sorry, the Harbinger isn't going to be 'out cooled' by the Fonz. I love him too, but a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command isn't going to really stand up to the CU version of Batman.

C'mon guys. :rolleyes:

aren't you thinking of the puisher batman dosen't use guns unless you count a pnumatic derringer used for launching batlines

You might reconsider that stance once we point out that the CU version of Batman is actually Nighthawk. ;)

And Fonzie's "cool" is more than just "a pelvic thrust and the ability to activate a jukebox on command." He can fix practically anything with a strike in the right spot. For crying out loud, he once silenced a forest full of noisy animals with the words, "COOL IT!" (Followed by, "Let's see Tarzan do that!") The Fonz is not just cool, he's Champions-level cool.

No, Nighthawk is... Nighthawk. The Harbinger is in esentially the same league for sheer skill and competance as Batman, where Nighthawk seems to get punked by even low-level threats.

Our group decided unanimously that switching the Harbinger's gun pool over to a gadget pool was all that was needed to re-create Batman in Champions. Well, that and a few psych limit adjustments...whistle.gif

The Harbinger vs. The Fonz? The whole universe implodes as two such wildly opposing implacable forces (one for vigilante justice, the other for comedic coolness) show up on the same planet. :drink:

The original question also included the tag [for fun]. ^_-

Good point. Going strictly for fun, the the Fonz has to win. Why? Because the Harbinger is a serious character, and the Fonz is a fun one. So the genre favors the Fonz. :smoke:

In a serious setting, well, someone's already shot someone as goofy as the Fonz in the back, so it would never come to this particular showdown.

And I maintain that he has no chance against the HoJ. Sorry. I stand by my original statement; the question is, "Two go in, one comes out, who is it?"

It's Harbinger.

Oh come on. Its a genre mash that doesn't work. Its like Punisher vs. Archie. It only works for humor. And Happy Days was a sitcom. Fonzie has the edge. I'm not sure Hudson City with a laugh-track would even get green-lit. Yeah, if we want to be serious about it Harbinger wins hands down. But who wants to be serious about it? So... I'm assuming the fight happens off screen. At which point Harbinger stumbles back on screen and falls down while Fonz comes out with a sudden desire to comb his hair ONCE with a pelvis thrust before a group of lovelies latch onto him. "Aaaay!"

20d6 Major Transform (technology into working or broken), incantations "aaaay!"

and

XDM to "outside," Usable as attack, outside being a dimension where Fonzie wins.

Or....

Summon Script Writer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot them both dead dead dead from the shadows, so as to kill this thread dead once and for all!!!

(kidding)

Ahh KS, come on, enjoy the absurdity of it all...