Multiattack

davenx01

Question

I think I know the answer, but if I can get it straight from the creater's fingers. So I could end an arguement with one of my players. Would be apperciated.

Under Multiattack, it mentions that the attacks need to use different powers. (i.e. EB, and RKA).

My player thinks this means as long as the F/X for both is different you could use the same power.

For example, A guy has two guns, one is a ballastic bullet gun, and one is an energy rifle. Both are seperate Multipowers

The guy fires a 12d6 EB from the left gun, and a 10d6 EB from the right gun, Would that be considered a valid multiattack, or invalid, since they are using the same power EB for both.

I think it wouldn't be allowed. He could fire a 12d6 EB from the left gun, and a 4d6RKA from the right gun and be fine.

1 answer to this question

I would consider what you're describing a valid multiple-Power attack, but not because of the differing special effects. I'd look more at the fact that the two powers are separate and distinct weapons, even though both are guns built with EB. Obviously one of the things a multiple-Power attack does well is allow things like two-gun fighting and so on, so purely on the basis of common and dramatic sense I'd suggest allowing this.

Some of the confusion is my fault, since I don't differentiate "Power" and "power" as well as I should have in that section, I think.

However, you are the GM. If you're not comfortable with that or prefer to go strictly by the interpretation you describe, you should do what you think is best for the game.