Latest info regarding Tunguska

Basil

Re: Latest info regarding Tunguska

HAH!

I laugh at this blatant attempt at disinformation! It's just another attempt by the Military Industrial combines to keep us from knowing the truth! The truth I tell you! Even now, Russian Hawt Babes, direct products of the Tanguska soft landing, are infiltrating our society!

Asteroids? Pfaaah! Next thing they'll be saying that there are no UFO's. Ignore them and concentrate on the important facts people! Hawt Babes are taking over! Hear me? Beware of them! If a Hawt Babe comes up to you and asks for private information like your name or telephone number, DON'T GIVE IT TO HER! Direct her to me or Vestnik, we'll handle these creatures from hell, never fear! :sneaky:

(Nurse? My self medication button appears to have broken...)

I was wondering where all these hawt russian girlz have been coming from.

now I know.

(My friend gave me a magazine FILLED with them)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow' date=' that stuff look cool.[/quote']

Frankly, it's stellar. And it has a rock solid co-op mode to go with it. If I get a second controller (and the game becomes affordable) I'll invite you over to see it. I rented it from GameFly and didn't stop until I beat. Really great, compelling shooter play. Loved it.

HAH!

I laugh at this blatant attempt at disinformation! It's just another attempt by the Military Industrial combines to keep us from knowing the truth! The truth I tell you! Even now, Russian Hawt Babes, direct products of the Tanguska soft landing, are infiltrating our society!

I seem to have been shorted my allotment, then.

Two thoughts about Tunguska (which is one of my favorite bits of geekery):

Larry Niven had the Tunguska event be the result of a quantum-sized black hole impacting the Earth. In "The Borderland of Sol" he had the protagonist find the Oort object where the black hole came to rest. Turns out that quantum-sized black holes can't exist for more than a few microseconds, but it's still a great story.

The second neat Tunguska thing is the story of Magankan. After reading about him and how he caused the Tunguska event, he became my favorite "powerful shaman" character, on par with Merlin and Albertus Magnus.

The second neat Tunguska thing is the story of Magankan. After reading about him and how he caused the Tunguska event' date=' he became my favorite "powerful shaman" character, on par with Merlin and Albertus Magnus.[/quote']

Thanks for the Magankan link.

Now I'm wondering just how to write up "Tunguska Blast" as a Shamanic spell. (Aside from a horribly large Energy Blast with MegaScaled AoE and probably Inidrect to actually hit everything in the blast zone.) Hmm, shamans never get any respect in superheroic magical circles these days... that spell would make everyone sit up and take notice.

Several SF writers, Benford & Bear, Pournelle, all asked the question of "What was Tesla doing the day it happened?". I'd go with Mad Super Science. I mean, if that was an accident, a side effect, what was actually intended?

But you're right FenrisUlf, Shaman's get no respect. But that's because thier usual power sources are so low level and can only be manipulated in certain ways.

Several SF writers, Benford & Bear, Pournelle, all asked the question of "What was Tesla doing the day it happened?". I'd go with Mad Super Science. I mean, if that was an accident, a side effect, what was actually intended?

But you're right FenrisUlf, Shaman's get no respect. But that's because thier usual power sources are low level and can only be manipulated in limited ways.

Thanks for the Magankan link.

Now I'm wondering just how to write up "Tunguska Blast" as a Shamanic spell. (Aside from a horribly large Energy Blast with MegaScaled AoE and probably Inidrect to actually hit everything in the blast zone.) Hmm, shamans never get any respect in superheroic magical circles these days... that spell would make everyone sit up and take notice.

Summon a LOT of Slavishly Loyal Thunderbirds.

BTW for anyone unfamiliar with it, there is an official Hero Universe explanation for the Tunguska Event.

The Circle of the Scarlet Moon combined all their power to create an awesome magic projectile, the Hellstone, to obliterate Earth's last Archmage along with his sanctum and artifacts. Several modern mystic power players continue to poke around the site hoping to find the Hellstone.

BTW for anyone unfamiliar with it' date=' there is an official Hero Universe explanation for the Tunguska Event.

The Circle of the Scarlet Moon combined all their power to create an awesome magic projectile, the [b']Hellstone[/b], to obliterate Earth's last Archmage along with his sanctum and artifacts. Several modern mystic power players continue to poke around the site hoping to find the Hellstone.

When I integrated one of my PCs into the CU for The New Circle thread, I used that official explanation as part of the modified backstory.

Several SF writers' date=' Benford & Bear, Pournelle, all asked the question of "What was Tesla doing the day it happened?". I'd go with Mad Super Science. I mean, if that was an accident, a side effect, what was actually intended?[/quote']

Spider Robinson has it that he was trying to signal Peary, at the Pole, but the got the range and power a bit wrong.

The whole problem with having Tesla's little device involved, much as I love the super science, is that it does away with any possible involvement of 'Hawt Babes' .

As such, I must reject it and go back to the crash landed escape capsule theory. There at least we can have 'Hawt babes' and I'm once again happy.