New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

mallet

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

Wow.

Somewhere there's a church ceiling just waiting for you, guy.

Yeah, just be sure not to smack your head, QS. ;)

Hmm, where is our GM to be?

(Maybe I should brainstorm another character. But what? Pulp is rather new to me.*hilariously ironic when one thinks about it* )

I'd also like to ask the question about where our GM is. But I won't be making another character' date=' I like Floop too much to bring in somebody else and have Floop be decided against.[/quote']

Well, if Mallet hasn't said no by now, I think you're good

Hey guys, sorry about the long time between posts. As Sweeper assumed it has been the work thing keeping me away, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be getting any better any time soon.

As an FYI, since I feel guilty about getting this thing going and then fading out of sight, I work in the film industry as a Story Coordinator and I am currently working on a big project. We were pretty much past the main story part of the film and my workload was slowing down, giving me plenty of time to be online and start up an online game (since I only get to play once a month normally). Unfortunately (for my gaming habbit (but good for the movie)) after the writer/director got some notes back from the producers they decided to re-work the script (well about 40% of it), meaning I'm suddenly back to where I was 3 months ago work wise and I now have very little free time to devote to the game.

So, for now, the game will have to be on hold (unless someone else wants to jump in and GM it). Maybe in a couple of months when I get back to the point where I was a month ago, I will be able to start it up again. But until then I will be way to busy at work to run a game.

Sorry.

-joe

The fanboy in me wants to ask what you're working on, Mallet :D. But I wont as that might get you in trouble. We'll be here when you get the time. But in the meantime, anyone want to set up a one-shot on HC in the interm so those of us who aren't used to PbP get the feel of it?

Maybe we could do a meetings scenario for our characters to get to know each other and set up some plot points for Mallet to incorporate when he's ready to take over. Kind of a shared world creation deal I've been reading about in other games.

Y'all interested?

Well, I could give it a shot. I do need to advise that I'm not as familiar with Hero as I'd like. So expect fumbles and a lot of them on my part until I get both a handle on the system and how Hero Central works.

I'd need a few days to put something together as well as the HD files of your finished characters if you have them.

And finally, pick a US city to start in. Once we have that, we can move over to HC and get started.

Agreed?

Well' date=' I could give it a shot. I do need to advise that I'm not as familiar with Hero as I'd like. So expect fumbles and a lot of them on my part until I get both a handle on the system and how Hero Central works.[/quote']

I haven't built the character and need to do that. Don't jump me, I don't have Hero Designer, so I'll have to send you a non-HD sheet.

As for the quote, I wanted to play in this game because I'm planning to GM my first real Hero game in the fall, so I wanted some play experience under my belt. I'm all theory right now. Edit: And by that I mean "Don't worry about it you're not alone". ;)

As for the city...hmmm...Chicago.

I haven't built the character and need to do that. Don't jump me, I don't have Hero Designer, so I'll have to send you a non-HD sheet.

As for the quote, I wanted to play in this game because I'm planning to GM my first real Hero game in the fall, so I wanted some play experience under my belt. I'm all theory right now. Edit: And by that I mean "Don't worry about it you're not alone". ;)

As for the city...hmmm...Chicago.

That's cool, I can put it into my copy of HD and give you the file for your use if you decide to get yourself a copy.

Better to be Fools Together than Fools Apart! :D

My fundamental issue would be which character to play. I put up four of them.

Pick the one you like best, QS. Though I think either your sword-dancer or gadgeteer sounds the most fun in a pulp setting.

So, It looks like 'Sweet Home!' Chicago will be our starting city.

I'm thinking late 20s, early-to-mid 30s?

Do we want before the Depression hit, or after?

Though in Chicago, it might not really matter.

Either way for me. I'm not really familiar with how the depression hit Chicago (I'm Canadian, give me a break!), so whatever works is fine by me. Again, I ask about the points, though, for character-building.