A New Dawn. 'Post-Apocalyptic' Fantasy

Shadowsoul

Re: A New Dawn. 'Post-Apocalyptic' Fantasy

Just putting in some notes on unusual steeds for this setting.

Black Unicorn.

Once the Unicorns were peaceful creatures noted for their intelligence and instinctive compassion. The tears of a Unicorn had miraculous powers to heal the pure of heart and their mere presence could soothe away anger, fear and grief.

But when the final war raged across the land and monsters found their way into even the most secret of the hidden forests the Unicorns were forced to flee for their lives. Sensing that the end of the world could be nigh the last herd of these mythical beasts gathered together and fled from one hideaway to another, but nowhere was safe.

Finally the Unicorns were caught between a host of Vampires and the approach of the Yonsai Horde. In desperation they escaped northwards; hoping to exchange freedom for life by taking refuge in a place of walls and men.

This was Kaer-Avalon, the city of ebony towers. High seat of the Eldren, first of the seven Jewels of Eretria and the ultimate refuge for all creatures of enchantment.

For five days and five nights the Unicorns ran. And at the dawn of the sixth day they reached their destination.

But on the fifth day the Army of the Dead had finally broken through the city’s wards. The ensuing battle left nothing alive for miles around and precious few of the dead were capable of walking away from the scene of their terrible crime.

The Unicorns found nothing but dust and ashes. Seeing the end of their most ancient allies and afflicted by the ghostly screams of ten thousand slaughtered souls the Unicorns became mad with grief, for all that day they wept bitter tears and rolled upon the ruins in a frenzy of sorrow, coating themselves in the black grave-dirt of the dead city.

But on the night of the sixth day the greatest and most fierce mare amongst the herd turned away from the ruins and began to follow the trail of the living dead. One by one the Unicorns followed, their tender hearts dried up by grieving and their bright eyes burning with vengeance.

Not a single Unicorn tear has been shed since that day. But the blood of monsters and tyrants will never cease to flow until the last Unicorn is destroyed.

Whether through an infusion of the enchantment soaked ashes of Kaer-Avalon or through some more subtle magical effect all Unicorns that survive to this day have jet black coats and Alicorns of silver.

A Black Unicorn is based on the Unicorn template in the Hero System Bestiary but with the Alicorn’s poison immunity removed and the talent Fearless added. They also have the following additional powers.

Detect: Evil Beings.

Vengeful Light - a 2d6 Deadly Strike for the Alicorn that only works against evil creatures.

Shadow Coat – Invisibility to Sight Group, only in shadows.

Finally all Black Unicorns suffer from the Psychological Disadvantage “Creature of Vengeance”.

These legendary beings make powerful allies for those who battle evil, nor is it inconceivable that a Black Unicorn might consent to allow an equally dedicated warrior to ride it into battle, so long as he or she does not presume to command it.

Sildrian Steed.

Possibly descendants of the kind of horses that dashing heroes used to escape crumbling temples, avalanches and hails of arrow fire. This natural ability to avoid danger has been enhanced by high levels of ambient magic into true psychic ability.

Sildrian Steeds are horses with the Evasive and Lightning Reflexes +2 Talents added. More powerful Sildrians exist however, some have mind links with their riders and some of the best bloodlines develop Danger Sense as well.

Sildrians are typically medium warhorses but larger and smaller strains exist.

These creatures are highly sought after as elite mounts, particularly because normal horses are not especially common these days anyway.

Gerthon.

No one knows what these creatures evolved from but they are consummate survivors in the wastelands of the post-cataclysm world. They are scaled creatures with large hind legs and dextrous fore-clawed ‘hands’, they look something like horse sized Utahraptors but are in fact mammals, more or less. The secret to the Gerthons’ success is the fact that they are prepared to eat anything from grass to bark to vermin to carrion. They do not hunt larger prey however and they can be tamed.

Gerthon see extensive use as draft and riding animals, they make for tough cavalry even though they lack the power of a charging warhorse. Although wild Gerthon can be irritable and aggressive those which have been tamed tend to be friendly and even playful.

Gerthon Stats.

20 Str

16 Dex

20 Con

14 Body

8 Int

5 Ego

13 Pre

10 Com

4 PD

6 ED

3 Spd

10 Rec

40 End

34 Stun

10” Run

4” Swim

4” Leap

Skills.

Stealth 12-

Tracking 11-

Powers.

Bite: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 point (1/2d6 w/STR)

Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR) (10 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

Life Support (Eating: Character can subsist on almost anything)

Strong Stomach: +10 CON (20 Active Points); Limited Power Only to resist poisons and infections. (-1 1/2)

Scales: Armor (3 PD/3 ED)

Hyper-Alert: +2 PER with all Sense Groups

Disadvantages.

Physical Limitation: Animal Intelligence (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

Physical Limitation: Large (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

Psychological Limitation: Curious (Common, Moderate)

64 Character Points + 40 Points of Disadvantages.

Some Gerthon have been trained for combat and receive +3 Presence only for resisting Presence attacks. Additionally their Claws attack gains the Autofire 2 Advantage.

This will probably be the last post before I announce that admissions to the campaign have begun, although anyone not on the reserved list will have another week after that to make up their mind.

Next post should have write ups of the Strell and the Kerak.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Just a quick early warning that I am going to be accepting players one week from now. I don't know how many spaces will be available at that point because those who have already discussed characters with me will get a chance to join before everyone else. But even if everyone on the reserved list does decide to play there will still be three places left, so I don't expect to run out of space before I run out of applicants.

So if anyone is interested please send me a character concept once the week is up. You don't necessarily have to stick with that character but it will give us a starting point. Hopefully I will know more about what niches need to be filled by then.

As far as character concepts go you are free to try anything from the lists I've given and if you want to try something else then tell me and I will think about it, no guarantees though. One thing to remember is that while New Dawn will recruit beings that have led evil lives up to that point they will expect such creatures to mend their ways and atone for their crimes. So in theory a player could use an unrepentant villlain as a character but they would run the risk of having New Dawn's enforcers dispatched to execute them if they slip up, (the rest of the party would also be expected to remove the traitor in their midst).

Also. Here are the write ups of the other player races as they stand. The Mor have already been written up earlier in this thread iirc.

Kerak.

Tunnel dwelling reptilian humanoids. Tribal culture. Suspicious of technology and 'book learning' but reasonably benevolent.

Characteristics

+10 Str

+4 Con

+2 Body

Powers

Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

Scales: Armor (2 PD/2 ED)

Expert Digger: Tunneling 1" through 1 DEF material

Digging Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 point (1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

Disadvantages

Psychological Limitation: Suspicious Of Learning (Common, Moderate)

Notes.

Yes Kerak are extremely strong that's why they can dig so well, fortunately they have had little contact with Vampires as a Kerak Vampire would be truly terrifying.

More warlike Kerak often sharpen their blunt digging claws, effectively buying off the reduced penetration disadvantage.

As a part of their racial disadvantage Kerak may not buy the skill enhancers Scholar or Scientist.

Eldren.

Descendants of human mages who adapted their own physiology in order to improve their access to magic. Notable for their glowing eyes and glyph covered skin.

Characteristics

+3 Int

+4 Ego

+3 Pre

Powers

Inherently Magical: Power Defense (5 points)

Mystical Absorption: Endurance Reserve (10 END, 2 REC) Reserve: (3 Active Points); REC: Conditional Power Only in a magically charged environment (-1/4)

Protective Glyphs: Armor (0 PD/3 ED)

Life Support (Longevity: 800 Years; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

Notes.

Although they were a society of mages the Eldren's culture has been almost completely shattered by the cataclysm and so those who survive to the present day may well have adopted new lifestyles. Historically there have been Eldren who used their ability to draw on magical energies to become tireless warriors and ironically their other racial abilities make them potentially quite effective mage killers.

Those who do study magic often learn to improve their racial abilities although even a non magic using Eld can learn to strengthen their Mystical Absorption power through extensive training and meditation.

Strell.

Batlike humanoids, (four limbs). They are masters of artificing and most of them live in giant floating sky cities. Like the Kerak they managed to survive the wars with their society intact although several sky cities were destroyed. Strell follow many paths through life but they are most famous for their mages, artificers and scholars.

Characteristics

+2 Dex

-2 Con

-2 Body

+3 Int

+2 Ego

+1 PD (Due to fur).

+1 Rec

-2 Running

Powers

Wings Flight 8" (16 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

Night Eyes: +2 PER with Sight Group in Darkness and -2 PER with Sight Group in Daylight

Active Sonar (Hearing Group)

Notes.

Unlike normal bats Strell are not blind during the day but they are nocturnal creatures who tend to be a little blinded by daylight.

There is a subrace of halfling sized Strell called the Pippin, they are wilder than their city living cousins and are generally considered to be expert hunters and scouts. Where the Pippin live now is a mystery as most of them did not join the other Strell on the sky cities.

Anyone who wants more information about any of the races, professions or curses please PM me and I'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

For all those wishing to battle on beyond death.

I've just noticed that there is a slight flaw in the Revenant Package. The Immunities to 'most terrestrial poisons and diseases' should cost 7 points each since they do not cover certain magical venoms or plagues, my Hero Designer file must have reverted somehow, sorry about that. Anyone using the the package deal can just knock 3 points of both Immunities manually.

What about languages? Is there a "common tongue" that members of the New Dawn speak? Do the Strell have a single language' date=' or one for each city?[/quote']

Not something to worry about too much just yet. Languages, area knowledges and the like can be fine tuned later.

But since you ask.

The Strell made a point of creating a shared language from the various old dialects, because that seemed to be the most civilised and logical thing to do. It is referred to as 'High Chirop', sometimes called 'Chirping' or 'Chirruping' by impudent groundlings due to the high pitches it uses. Very few non-Strell can recreate the sounds of this language.

The official language of New Dawn is Kymrian, the national language of a now dead nation that was once a great bastion of learning and military strength. A number of New Dawn's greatest leaders are said to be descended from inhabitants of Kmer and the group's hidden home lies within the borders of the old country.

However, many of those that New Dawn encounters or employs use a bastardised trading tongue made popular by the nomadic tribes. It is simply referred to as Pidgin.

The Pippin, incidentally, retain their old tribal languages, so far as anyone knows.

OK' date=' the first draft of my Strell. Feel free to suggest or mandate changes as you wish![/quote']

I guess you didn't get my message then.

These characters are 250 points. 150 character points and 100 disadvantage points.

The reason that the file I posted was set to 350 points was because I'd just dropped the Strell package deal into a blank Hero Designer File so I could upload it. Sorry to have confused you.

So, I can't really make any proper judgements about the character until you've re-written him as a 250 point character.

I will say that the disadvantages are mostly fine, though of course 50 points worth of those will have to go.

The dislike of insects is a little out of the racial character, (although individuals do vary of course), because being bat-like humanoids they tend to regard certain insects as a delicacy, when prepared properly.

Hatred of Yonsai is understandable and in character, however, the Yonsai are effectively extinct and so this disadvantage is not going to slow you down much. Hatred of Yonsai and Demons would be worth 15 points though.

Hope it's not too painful to chop that many points off. Good luck.

Not at all! I *thought* 350 was kind of...extreme LOL.

No, I can make the changes easily. I chose the "insects" thing because I kind of figured that up where the Strell cities flew, there wouldn't be many. :)

I'll rework him at 150+100

Here is a prelim sheet for my character. I didn't know how prevalent machinery was, so I just kind of went all in like it was a rich enviroment.

CES

Hair/Eye Color: brown, brown

Place of Birth: Kmer

Date of Birth: 25 years ago

Height/Mass: 5'8", 125 pounds

Cost Characteristic Value

5 STR 15

24 DEX 18

10 CON 15

10 BODY 15

11 INT 21

10 EGO 15

2 PRE 12

COM 10

PD 3

ED 3

12 SPD 4

REC 6

END 30

STUN 29

OCV: 6 DCV: 6 OECV: 5 DECV: 5

Phases: 3,6,9,12

Cost Powers and Talents (END)

Telekinesis: 20 str, Physical manifestation (robotic floating hands, -1/2) 20 pts

Detect Machinery, 5 pts

Common Techno Mage 30 pt Multipower

3u Control Machinery: Mind Control versus Machinery 5d6 25 pts

3u Talk to machines: Telepathy with machinery 5d6 25 pts

3u Disassembly: Dispel technology 5d6, 15 pts any one power (+1/4) 19 pts

3u All doors are opened: Dispel locks 8d6 24 pts

3u A Device in any port: Major Transform one device 3d6 into another (limited target -1/2) 30 pts

Bag of tricks VPP 38 + 19 pts OAF (-1) 29 pts

Cost Skills

3 Analyze Machinery 13-

3 Paramedic 13-

2 Survival 13-

2 Navigation 13-

3 Systems operations 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 AK: The world 13-

3 PS: The Sciences 13-

3 PS: Magic 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 KS: The Magic World 13-

3 KS: The Monster World 13-

2 Weaponsmith 13-

6 WF: Common Melee weapons, small arms, missile weapons

10 TF: animals, wheeled vehicles, balloons/zeppelins, rafts, small and large rowed boats, small wind powered boats, hang gliding.

3 Combat driving 12-

3 Combat piloting 12-

0 Language: Kmer (native) 13-

3 Language: Pidgen 13-

100 Points Disadvantages

20 pts Subject to orders from New Dawn

15 pts Rivalry with other Technomages

15 pts Psych Lim: Likes to fiddle with unknown technology

25 pts Watched by New Dawn 14-

25 pts Hunted by New Dawn's enemies 14-

CHA Cost = 84

Total Powers Cost = 99

Total Skills Cost = 67

Total Cost = _____250_____________

Here is a prelim sheet for my character. I didn't know how prevalent machinery was, so I just kind of went all in like it was a rich enviroment.

CES

5 STR 15

24 DEX 18

10 CON 15

10 BODY 15

11 INT 21

10 EGO 15

2 PRE 12

COM 10

PD 3

ED 3

12 SPD 4

REC 6

END 30

STUN 29

Telekinesis: 20 str, Physical manifestation (robotic floating hands, -1/2) 20 pts

Detect Machinery, 5 pts

Common Techno Mage 30 pt Multipower

3u Control Machinery: Mind Control versus Machinery 5d6 25 pts

3u Talk to machines: Telepathy with machinery 5d6 25 pts

3u Disassembly: Dispel technology 5d6, 15 pts any one power (+1/4) 19 pts

3u All doors are opened: Dispel locks 8d6 24 pts

3u A Device in any port: Major Transform one device 3d6 into another (limited target -1/2) 30 pts

Bag of tricks VPP 38 + 19 pts OAF (-1) 29 pts

Cost Skills

3 Analyze Machinery 13-

3 Paramedic 13-

2 Survival 13-

2 Navigation 13-

3 Systems operations 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 AK: The world 13-

3 PS: The Sciences 13-

3 PS: Magic 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 KS: The Magic World 13-

3 KS: The Monster World 13-

2 Weaponsmith 13-

10 TF: animals, wheeled vehicles, balloons/zeppelins, rafts, small and large rowed boats, small wind powered boats, hang gliding.

3 Combat driving 12-

3 Combat piloting 12-

0 Language: Kmer (native) 13-

3 Language: Pidgen 13-

100 Points Disadvantages

25 pts Watched by New Dawn 14-

25 pts Hunted by New Dawn's enemies 14-

CHA Cost = 84

Total Powers Cost = 99

Total Skills Cost = 67

Ah yes I was about to contact you with details on exactly how Technomancy should work. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but it's been a hectic weekend and I've been busy pondering Cargus10's first draft as well.

Basically you should have a limited VPP/s based on a focus which can only use powers from a list, (you don't have to work all of the powers out just now), like the VPP's that simulate D&D wizards. It requires a Technomancy roll to change from one power to another, (as you re-shape the technology), and extensive changes may require extra time, Technomancy rolls are subject to a -1 penalty for every 20 active points of the power you are changing to, there might be additional penalties if you want to create something completely different but I would tell you that when you attempted it. An Inventor roll and around six hours in the workshop is required to create a new power to be added to the list, + the necessary new components.

An example is that you could start out with a gun, then transform it into a techno-jammer like the dispel technology you outlined in your multipower, then adapt that into a jetpack or whatever

Your technology multipower is ok in theory, although A Machine In Every Port would invalidate the system I've just outlined. However, technology at the level you are using it at is not very common, being mostly confined to other Technomancers and so this multipower is rather specialised and might not be worth the points you've paid for it.

One piece of 'good' news is that Technomancy, being the magical equivalent of steamtech and effectively a specialised form of magery, does not require knowledge of 'real world' mechanics, electronics, computer programming or systems operation. Technomancers shape the mysterious mystical forces left behind by the cataclysm and channel them into special devices. Think Skaven technology or Warjacks from Warmachine. Mechanical engineering is involved but it is part of the Technomancy skill.

Your skill list is impressive and sensible, your character should be useful and competent even without his magic.

Hope that's not too daunting a setback. I know I haven't been too clear because I'm creating this setting as we go along, fortunately we have plenty of time to sort everything out.

Good luck.

Cysphrett. Here is an example of what I mean in Hero Designer format.

Technomancy. Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 6 control cost, (60 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Requires a Technomancy Roll, may require extra time; -1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (Only Mystical Technology. Only from the associated list.; -1/2), Conditional Power Requires 6 hours work and an Inventor Roll to create a new power (-1/4); all slots OAF (-1)

You do not have to use Accessible Foci although they should be Obvious.

Does this seem fair to you?

The way this power is built means that it might be cheaper to have a multipower with a lot of slots. But the VPP does allow for fine tuning and also means that you don't have to spend experience to modify your powers. It also allows for the possibility of being taught new powers by other Technomancers or stealing bits of tech. Finally I think this method captures the flavour of the character class I originally imagined.

6 hours is a maximum, minor adaptations to existing powers such as changing sfx or adding a damage class will take much less time.

As an aside. You should tone down your Watched Disadvantage. The party will be at the very forefront of New Dawn expansion and will often be operating alone, New Dawn simply do not have the time or the resources to keep that close a watch on you. Hunted by New Dawn's enemies is also too high at the moment because New Dawn hasn't got that many enemies yet. You personally could be hunted by a number of factions however, including the remnants of the Army of the Dead, local warlords, a clan of vampires, mutant hunters or dark sorcerers hoping to extract the secrets of this new form of magic from you.

Cysphrett. Here is an example of what I mean in Hero Designer format.

Technomancy. Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 6 control cost, (60 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Requires a Technomancy Roll, may require extra time; -1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (Only Mystical Technology. Only from the associated list.; -1/2), Conditional Power Requires 6 hours work and an Inventor Roll to create a new power (-1/4); all slots OAF (-1)

You do not have to use Accessible Foci although they should be Obvious.

Does this seem fair to you?

The way this power is built means that it might be cheaper to have a multipower with a lot of slots. But the VPP does allow for fine tuning and also means that you don't have to spend experience to modify your powers. It also allows for the possibility of being taught new powers by other Technomancers or stealing bits of tech. Finally I think this method captures the flavour of the character class I originally imagined.

6 hours is a maximum, minor adaptations to existing powers such as changing sfx or adding a damage class will take much less time.

As an aside. You should tone down your Watched Disadvantage. The party will be at the very forefront of New Dawn expansion and will often be operating alone, New Dawn simply do not have the time or the resources to keep that close a watch on you. Hunted by New Dawn's enemies is also too high at the moment because New Dawn hasn't got that many enemies yet. You personally could be hunted by a number of factions however, including the remnants of the Army of the Dead, local warlords, a clan of vampires, mutant hunters or dark sorcerers hoping to extract the secrets of this new form of magic from you.

I'll go through and dump out the multipower, and change the disadvantages. I would like to keep the mechanical skills in case I run into something that isn't steam tech like water wheels and such.

How many powers can I put in a VPP?

CES

Revised character sheet. Dumping the multipower allowed to move some points around for other stuff

CES

5 STR 15

30 DEX 20

10 CON 15

10 BODY 15

15 INT 25

10 EGO 15

2 PRE 12

1 COM 12

PD 3

ED 3

10 SPD 4

REC 6

END 30

STUN 29

Detect Machinery, 5 pts

Bag of tricks 60 + 30 pts VPP (90 pts) VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Requires a Technomancy Roll, may require extra time; -1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (Only Mystical Technology. Only from the associated list.; -1/2), Conditional Power Requires 6 hours work and an Inventor Roll to create a new power (-1/4); all slots OAF (-1) 22 pts

Cost Skills

3 Analyze Machinery 14-

2 Animal Handler 11-

3 Technomancy 14-

3 Paramedic 14-

2 Survival 14-

2 Navigation 14-

3 Systems operations 14-

3 Mechanics 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Computer Programming 14-

3 AK: The world 14-

3 PS: The Sciences 14-

3 PS: Magic 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 KS: The Magic World 14-

3 KS: The Monster World 14-

2 Weaponsmith 14-

3 Combat driving 12-

3 Combat piloting 12-

0 Language: Kmer (native) 14-

3 Language: Pidgen 14-

35 + 7 DCV

100 Points Disadvantages

10 pts Watched by New Dawn 8-

20 pts Hunted by New Dawn's enemies 8-

10 pts DF: Mystic Aura

10 pts Hunted by Scavengers 8-

CHA Cost = 93

Total Powers Cost = 47

Total Skills Cost = 110

Revised character sheet. Dumping the multipower allowed to move some points around for other stuff

CES

5 STR 15

30 DEX 20

10 CON 15

10 BODY 15

15 INT 25

10 EGO 15

2 PRE 12

1 COM 12

PD 3

ED 3

10 SPD 4

REC 6

END 30

STUN 29

Detect Machinery, 5 pts

Bag of tricks 60 + 30 pts VPP (90 pts) VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Requires a Technomancy Roll, may require extra time; -1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (Only Mystical Technology. Only from the associated list.; -1/2), Conditional Power Requires 6 hours work and an Inventor Roll to create a new power (-1/4); all slots OAF (-1) 22 pts

Cost Skills

3 Analyze Machinery 14-

2 Animal Handler 11-

3 Technomancy 14-

3 Paramedic 14-

2 Survival 14-

2 Navigation 14-

3 Systems operations 14-

3 Mechanics 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Computer Programming 14-

3 AK: The world 14-

3 PS: The Sciences 14-

3 PS: Magic 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 KS: The Magic World 14-

3 KS: The Monster World 14-

2 Weaponsmith 14-

3 Combat driving 12-

3 Combat piloting 12-

0 Language: Kmer (native) 14-

3 Language: Pidgen 14-

35 + 7 DCV

100 Points Disadvantages

10 pts Watched by New Dawn 8-

20 pts Hunted by New Dawn's enemies 8-

10 pts DF: Mystic Aura

10 pts Hunted by Scavengers 8-

CHA Cost = 93

Total Powers Cost = 47

Total Skills Cost = 110

This looks fine for the most part.

You have an extremely high DCV for a mage with little other martial training beyond WF's however. I can see that the character could do with a good form of defence but I'm going to need you to come up with a good reason for seven levels of DCV. Perhaps it is partially an outgrowth of his Telekinetic/Mutant abilities?

As for the skills. Analyze machinery and mechanics are ok. Systems operation could be redefined as dealing with magical systems such as wards, enchanted castles etc in which case it will be setting appropriate. Electronics and computer programming simply do not exist in this setting, there is no one who could teach them to you and I can guarantee that you would never need them.

For the VPP lets start you off with a list of 12 powers and see how that looks. Your OAF will presumably be some kind of device that you reconfigure when you want to change abilities.

As an armorer and survivor of numerous chemical and energy accidents, I have taught myself and my telekinetic hands to get me out of danger without

really thinking about it.

I'll have six points freed up from dumping the two skills. I can use that to buy ranged combat skills, or maybe armor, or lightning reflexes, or something else. Maybe some kind of construction skill. All my skills seemed to be geared toward arming people and building weapons.

As for powers, I am leaning toward one weapon with changeable ammo like outlaw star or judge dredd, one shield of some kind, one gate mechanism, or some kind of flight, one encyclopedia/range finder/star trek scanner, maybe an extradimensional workshop, maybe a summon vehicle. I'm definite on the gun, scanner, and shield. Still thinking about the rest.

CES