6th Ed Champions Universe

Greeter

Re: 6th Ed Champions Universe

As to changes in the 5e CU to 6e, there are a couple that I would anticipate, on the assumption that the 6e CU wont be backdated from the real calendar:

1. The plot from DEMON. Either the date changes, or thwarting it is a major quest in the MMO

2. The end of Magic in 2020 and the beginning of Cyber Hero. It might be presumptuous for Cryptic to anticipate the MMO to be actively running in 11 years, but there's no good reason to set an expiration date on the game, either.

The background for Mind Slayer that Cryptic put on their website makes no mention of the destruction of PSI described in Champions Universe: News Of The World. Mind Slayer is still working for PSI, so I'm guessing they'll be in business at the start of the MMO. I for one am glad of this, as I consider a whole organization of malevolent mentalists to be too interesting a concept not to use. :cool:

Steve Long has already mentioned elswhere that in the MMO, the "real" Doctor Destroyer has not returned; Cryptic's "Shadow Destroyer" has been the Dr. D of the new millennium, having first appeared in 2001 in the new continuity.

You aren't the first, and likely won't be the last, person on these boards to assume something about 6E that's based completely on non-fact and conjecture. It should be avoided, it just causes problems and confusion.

Well Steve has said in interviews (and / or podcasts) that he will kill figured characteristics, change movement to meters. So those are likely a done deal.

I am waiting for 6th to see exactly what changes are made. But those two are fairly certain.

The background for Mind Slayer that Cryptic put on their website makes no mention of the destruction of PSI described in Champions Universe: News Of The World. Mind Slayer is still working for PSI, so I'm guessing they'll be in business at the start of the MMO. I for one am glad of this, as I consider a whole organization of malevolent mentalists to be too interesting a concept not to use. :cool:

Steve Long has already mentioned elswhere that in the MMO, the "real" Doctor Destroyer has not returned; Cryptic's "Shadow Destroyer" has been the Dr. D of the new millennium, having first appeared in 2001 in the new continuity.

a copycat criminal, too bad mr long wants to keep champions and dark champions seperate but equal otherwise dark champions tas would have the perfect suspect the villian COPYCAT

Well Steve has said in interviews (and / or podcasts) that he will kill figured characteristics, change movement to meters. So those are likely a done deal.

I am waiting for 6th to see exactly what changes are made. But those two are fairly certain.

Yup. It is a good bet (though not certain) that anything Steve presented as "I will be doing this unless convinced otherwise" will be done. There is always the chance that he will be convinced otherwise, but the ones he labeled as such are ones that he has done a lot of thinking about already.

As to 6th edition, it should be released at GenCon this year. No books released before the 6th edition rules are released will be written using the 6e rules. All of the ones after will be. Pretty straightforward.

• 3 months later...

a copycat criminal' date=' too bad mr long wants to keep champions and dark champions seperate but equal otherwise dark champions tas would have the perfect suspect the villian COPYCAT[/quote']

Not to get too off-topic, but I think that DC:TAS makes for the perfect bridge between Champions and Dark Champions.Similarly (and even further off-topic), I think that it would be interesting to see rules for seamlessly bridging the gap between Heroic and Superheroic campaigns.