Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Fedifensor

Hello, everyone. After going through trials and tribulations trying to set up a face to face game of Champions, I've decided to switch venues to Hero Central. The campaign has material assembled from all of my previous Champions campaigns, adjusted to (hopefully) form a coherent campaign world. I'm looking for people interested in playing a Bronze-Age game with character interaction, classic struggles of good against evil, and some shades of grey that require difficult decisions.

I have a rather sparse campaign webpage at this link. It contains two PDF handouts that give important background information about the campaign world. More information will be added as the campaign develops. Campaign guidelines can be found below, but will eventually be added to the webpage for easy reference.

Here are some specific bit of information that will help with designing a character to fit the world:

• Many of the classic superhero tropes are actively supported by the campaign world. A law passed by Congress (nicknamed the Good Samaritan law) allows for the protection of a superpowered individual's identity until he is convicted of a crime with his appeals exhausted. Supers generally aren't executed because the first supervillain to be executed exploded with catastrophic effect. Thus, unless it can be proven that something similar won't happen with a convicted supervillain, the death penalty is off the table. Fortunately, the main lockup for supervillains is secure enough that only one villain has escaped more than once - this isn't Arkham Asylum. Finally, disasters in our world were mitigated by the involvement of supers. The most notable example of this was when the telekinetic Teke managed to hold up the Twin Towers long enough for most people to be evacuated. The casualties were about 500 instead of over 3000, and most of those were firemen and policemen that stayed behind to get everyone else out. This has created an environment where superheroes are respected, rather than feared.
  • Mood is generally positive. The two extremes would be Clairmont-era X-Men on the serious side, and the early Giffen-era Justice League for humor (which was funny, but realistic for the world and avoided breaking the fourth wall). I'd note that the Giffen-era JLA could be funny and still have very serious moments. Mood is also strongly influenced by the players - I'm less likely to have NPCs making jokes if the PCs are mourning a fallen ally.
  • Lethality is generally low - most villains don't use killing attacks, deathtraps are used instead of killing a hero outright, and public opinion of superheroes is contingent on the lack of casualties in superpowered battles. The few 'heroes' that kill regularly are vigilantes, and hunted by both law enforcement and other heroes. To quote a prominent Hero Central gamemaster - no giant guns, no bulging teeth, no "Code Against Not Killing" allowed. However, if a foe is tossing around attacks that kill (such as a powerful demon, or a world-threatening supervillain), the heroes are justified in using lethal force. Besides, that kind of foe can usually survive anything the heroes can dish out.
  • Heroes were only revealed to the world a little over 20 years ago. They existed before then, but in secret and in small numbers. While it is possible to have a hero descended from the heroes of old, the general public isn't going to know about that legacy. There is a reason why things changed in 1986...you just don't know what it is.
  • Superpowered beings are often called Primes (that term was used in a leaked government report), but the general public just as often uses the classic words for them - superheroes and supervillains.
  • Some things are, at least for the moment, off-limits. Time travel is currently disallowed - you can speed up time, slow down time, maybe even jump forward through time...but no going back and changing the past. There are no known aliens...and if they show up, they don't have superpowers. They may have advanced technology or abilities that are considered superpowers by the average human (such as a silicon-based life form having Armor), but only humanity has the ability to gain powers from radiation accidents, genetic modification, magic, or the like. There are other dimensions, but only a few individuals can travel between them, and those dimensions don't have superpowered beings. All of the above is subject to change, but that's the state of things at the start of the campaign.

Building a character - here are the basic guidelines:

• 200 base points + 150 disadvantages.
  • It is possible to get a few extra points from a contribution - up to 5 extra points at the start of the game, with the potential to make more contributions later. For example, if you have a detailed character portrait, I will give 5 extra points at the start of the game. If you don't have talent to draw (or the money to commission artwork), there are several great programs that help with making character portraits. There's the character creator in City of Heroes (screenshots are fine), HeroMachine, or even a web-based program with instructions in Portugese that isn't too hard to figure out. Other possible contributions are writing up detailed information that I can plug into the campaign, such as fleshing out major city landmarks or writing up a superhero team (with Hero Designer files).
  • I do not require you to have Hero Designer. However, I will keep copies of all characters in Hero Designer format for my reference, so it does help if you happen to have the program.
  • The Catalyst universe uses the following as the basis for the average superhero - 11 DC attack, 25 PD/ED, 23 DEX, 5 SPD. Usually, a hero will need to give up something in one area to be better in another. For example, a classic brick character might have a 65 STR and a 28 PD/ED, but only have a 20 DEX and a 4 SPD. Other considerations include range (I'm more likely to be lenient with a character limited to melee range attacks) and how the power is constructed (just because a 2d6 Autofire NND at 0 END is within campaign limits, doesn't mean it's balanced).
  • Certain limited attacks can exceed the normal guidelines...think of things like the Human Torch's Nova flame, which does massive damage over a large area, but completely wipes him out. Such abilities will be carefully monitored for campaign balance.
  • Likewise, a character can exceed campaign defenses in an area of specialty. For example, a cold-using character named Blizzard may be virtually immune to cold.
  • Despite the lower lethality of the campaign, common thugs do walk around with pistols and even machine guns. All characters should have some level of resistant defenses, even if it is just Combat Luck.
  • I expect well-rounded characters - most Catalyst PC's should have 30+ points of noncombat skills and perks.
  • Gadgeteers and mages should have at least 1d6 of Luck, to represent the spark that lets them create devices or spells that bend the natural laws of the universe. This does not prevent them from taking Unluck as well.
  • I like Disadvantages that flesh out a character. Hunteds are great, as a hero is often defined by his foes. Psych Lims are essential - I generally prefer people take the full 50 pts
  • If you don't want to assign Hunteds, just mark a set amount of points as "mystery" Hunteds, and I'll do the rest.
  • Expect to make some changes from your initial submission. Character balacing is an art, not a science. I learned that less a long time ago, after my experience with a low defense character that could take tons of punishment because his CON, STUN and BODY were at ridiculous levels...

Finally, I'd like each character to be able to have a chance to shine. I don't mind having several of the same kind of archetype (brick, energy projector, etc) on the same team...as long as those characters don't step on each other's toes. For example, having two lightning-based energy projectors on the same team is probably going to result in one of the two being outshined by the other.

I am looking for a total of 5 to 6 characters. For reference, here are the current characters accepted for the game (this will be updated as characters are added):

• Miracle - Superpowered cop. A classic FISS (flight, invulnerability, super-strength) character, with the ability to exceed her normal limitations, becoming either stronger, quicker, or tougher as needed for the situation. Only Public ID character I've allowed so far (I generally prefer Secret ID characters for the campaign). [55 STR, 26 PD/ED, 21 DEX, 5 SPD...but can boost either STR, DEX, or defenses via a small multipower. No ranged attacks - she no longer uses a gun.]
  • American Steel - Battlesuit character, descended from a hero of the same name that fought in World War II. The suit has a powerful weapons array, but is big and heavy. [13 DC attacks, 30/28 PD/ED, 20 DEX, 4 SPD]
  • Tempest - Wielder of magical lightning, bearer of a mystical heritage that may extend back to figures from Chinese mythology. A classic energy projector. [11 DC attacks, 23/27 PD/ED, 24 DEX, 5 SPD]

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

Submissions will be handled similar to how teh bunneh and Milkman Dan did them in the Avengers: TNG and X-Men: TNG games on Hero Central. First, submit your concept and background on this thread (you don't have to include a full writeup at this point). I'll give some initial feedback, after which I'd like to see a rough version of the character sheet. It doesn't have to have every point spent or every power in its final form, but it should give me a general idea of how the character will function in the game. Once there are enough submissions, I'll announce a cutoff date, at which time I'll make my choices. I'll expect a complete writeup within a week or so of cutoff - if someone doesn't follow through, I'll choose someone else.

For those that don't make the cut, there is still hope. Aside from the fact that Hero Central games have their share of dropouts, American Steel's player (who played in both my previous face-to-face games, and knows the world background pretty well) is considering offering his own Catalyst game (same world, different city). So while I only have 2-3 slots to fill, if he starts his own game there will be several more slots available.

Miracle

Here is Miracle. She's a police officer who was shot in the line of duty, and lost the use of her legs. A certain incident (which will happen in the first adventure) gives her the powers of flight, superstrength, and a level of invulnerability that hasn't had its limits tested yet.

The character sheet can be found at the Catalyst website, but here is the background information:

Background/History:

Eve Carpenter comes from a third generation Irish family. She is the oldest of five children. Her grandparents came to America fleeing the ongoing conflict in Ireland between Catholic and Prostestant religious sects. Her mother married into a Baptist family and became deeply involved in the church,as her husband was the pastor. Eve's parents divorced due to the husband's infidelity; after this, Eve and her mother left the church and Eve's mother reverted to Catholicism. Eve threw herself into education and would eventually became a police officer. Eve Carpenter was a decorated veteran of the Silverstone police force when she was shot in the line of duty, paralyzing her from the waist down. She was on disability for a year and, afterward, returned to the police force as a dispatcher.

(Information about her gaining powers will be added after the first adventure is over).

Personality/Motivation:

Eve developed a strong sense of responsibility as the oldest child in a large family. She has become accustomed to taking care of her brothers and sisters, as their mother became distant after she threw herself back into Catholicism. Eve's experiences in life have conspired with her time as a police officer to make her a cynic. She is more likely than not to look for alternative motives in people who approach her and to look for evidence to back up statements that are made to her. Eve believes in the law but is experienced enough to know that there are many loopholes in it. She also has a very dry (some people say demented) sense of humor.

Quote:

"I'm no saint, but I can put the fear of God into you..."

Powers/Tactics:

Miracle's powers come from an unknown source, but the effects can be measured by both technology and magic. Her cells radiate energy that shares many properties with cosmic microwave background radiation.

Cosmic microwave background radiation, or CMB, is a form of electromagnetic radiation that fills the entire universe and is associated with the Big Bang theory. This cosmic energy is utilized by her body to give her incredible toughness, strength, and the ability to fly. In addition to these base abilities, she can harness the excess energy in her cells to amplify her existing abilities in a specific area, becoming stronger, more coordinated, or tougher. By focusing on flight, she can even fly at supersonic speeds.

By default, Miracle keeps her armor slot active in her multipower, switching to other slots as the situation requires. Her Overall Level normally goes to OCV, as she has the defenses to withstand several hits.

Appearance:

Miracle72.jpg

Alright, boss, you wanted a quick character sketch. Here's who I propose playing:

Armando Gonzales was the born into a large, but poor family. The seventh child of seven, no one was terribly surprised when Armando seemed to have a lot of imaginary friends. Perfectly normal, the school psychologist said, for a child who can't be the center of attention for his parents to invent people who give him their undivided attention. Everything was fine, in fact, until one of Armando's imaginary friends showed up on their front porch.

The woman, for a real woman it was, introduced herself as Dr. Masterson, a young researcher from up in Boulder. She told Armando's parents that he had contacted her telepathically, and said he was trying to find a friend, and he wondered if she would be his friend. At first, she played along, but over time came to realize two things. First, if Armando had been casting about for friends using his innate psychic abilities, it seemed likely that he might be contacted, eventually, but someone who didn't have his best interests at heart. And second, that given that she had had to drive a significant distance to find the family, Armando must be a very powerful psychic indeed.

Armando's parents, along with Dr. Masterson, found some researchers at Colorado State University who were only too happy to help test out some of Armando's abilities. As Dr. Masterson had predicted, Armando was especially gifted for a boy of ten, with the potential for a significant increase in that power when he hit puberty. The university staff offered to provide an environment where Armando could safely explore the limits of his power and grow into them in a controlled way. Armando's parents agreed, and Armando became a regular at the CSU Metahuman Studies department.

In addition to being able to read and send thoughts across great distances, Armando proved to have access to a whole suite of possible tools. He could create images that were so realistic that people at first thought he was in fact a latent summoner. In one competition with another budding mentalist, Armando, now sixteen, accidentally knocked the other man unconscious.

As soon as he turned eighteen, Armando applied for, and was quickly accepted, at CSU, taking classes in Metahuman Studies from professors who had been like surrogate parents for him. Having grown up poor, it was only through grants and loans that he can attend the university.

He's currently twenty years old, he's completed his sophomore year of college, and he's agonizing about what to focus on. Metahuman Studies, while interesting, hasn't proved to be as engrossing as he might have hoped. He's actually leaning towards a double major in English and History, but explaining that to his parents might take some doing.

To add to some drama in his life, he's found himself involved in a relationship with his former mentor and patron, Dr. Tamara Masterson. No one - not his family or hers - is aware of this change in their relationship.

He's also been doing some moonlighting as a superhero - a secret he's kept even from his lover. He's been making some contacts with local supers in the hopes of joining up with a team of them to make the best use of his powers in a group that could support his weak areas.

picture1.png

I tried making Detective Luminous with Hero Machine and got this when I saved it to a file:

Luminous*Hair:Standard,understubble,724D21,FFFFFF,100,100,23,Eyebrows:Standard,eyebrows4,724D21,FFFFFF,100,100,21,Eyes:Standard,slanty,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,20,Nose:Standard,slash,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,27,Mouth:Standard,line2,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,18,Beard:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,26,Ears:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,19,Skin:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,6,Mask:Standard,capam,8DCFCE,FFFFFF,100,100,22,Headgear:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,29,Undershirt:Standard,tank,8DCFCE,FFFFFF,100,100,7,Overshirt:Standard,season2,8CCFF9,FFFFFF,100,100,8,Coat:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,25,RightGlove:Standard,capam,CFCFCF,FFFFFF,100,100,17,LeftGlove:Standard,fin,CFCFCF,FFFFFF,100,100,16,Insignia:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,9,Neckwear:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,24,Belt:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,15,Leggings:Standard,long,8DCFCE,FFFFFF,100,100,10,Overleggings:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,11,Pants:Standard,gi,8CCFF9,FFFFFF,100,100,14,RightFoot:Standard,sneaker,8DCFCE,FFFFFF,100,100,13,LeftFoot:Standard,sneaker,36B9EF,FFFFFF,100,100,12,Back:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,3,Wings:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,4,Tail:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,5,Aura:Standard,forcefield,FFFF00,FFFFFF,100,100,2,Companion:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,31,Background:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,1,RightHand:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,30,LeftHand:Standard,fraBlank,FFFFFF,FFFFFF,100,100,28,#

Just info, no picture. What am I doing wrong?

Catalyst: A Champions campaign on Hero Central

I've submitted an application in Hero Central. Do I have to submit one here too?

This is the spot for applications. I left the submissions on at Hero Central mainly for convenience, so people can send me Hero Designer files. The first thing I'm looking for, though, is not stats - it's the essence of the character. What is your background? How did you get your powers? Why is your character choosing to be a superhero? In short, I want to know what makes your character tick.

Miracle's background info (listed in one of the posts above this one) is a good example of what I'm looking for. Without seeing the character sheet or Hero Designer file, I have a good idea of where she came from, what motivates her, and how her powers work. About the only thing it's missing is how she gets her powers, and the player and I have already arranged for her to get her powers during the first adventure.

Ideally, I want new heroes - ones that are putting on the costume in public for the first time when the game starts. Sure, it may seem like coincidence that 5 or 6 people happen to start their superhero career at the same time...or is it really a coincidence?

There will be changes to the concepts as I work with the players to make sure they fit the game world. Part of that is my fault - I'm developing the campaign city as we go along, customizing it to fit the group. Silverstone is a city that starts out with no superhero activity - at all. The few times a supervillain has entered the area, local authorities have called for help from the Bayport Alliance in Bayport, California (who have a teleporter on their team).

Alright' date=' boss, you wanted a quick character sketch.[/quote']

Looked it over - I like the background. There are a few things that will need tweaking, but nothing that alters the core of the character. Probably the biggest thing we'd need to discuss would be the superhero moonlighting, due to the lack of superhero activity in the city up to this point. The relationship with the mentor is a nice twist, by the way.

Now, as far as powers are concerned, I will want to see a rough writeup so I can figure out how Armando functions in combats. Mentalists are always tricky in a Champions game, as the rules can set them up to be absurdly underpowered or absolutely overwhelming. It's a tough balance when a character's main attacks can completely bypass traditional defenses, and most supers aren't built with high EGO scores and/or lots of Mental Defense. That's not a strike against the character...I just want to let you know that if the submission is accepted, I'm going to take great care in making sure the final product will be balanced.

(Mother talking to Steven Cox at 13 years old)

Steve, you forgot to turn off your light again last night. I saw a glow from your room again last night.

I thought for sure I turned that light off.

What were you doing in there?

Finishing up an Agatha Christie mystery novel. I actually figured it out. I can't wait to start the next one. I love a good mystery, I'm going to be a detective when I get older.

Sure Stevie, sure.

Mom! Please don't call me Stevie any more.

When Steve turned 25, he became a full detective, and learned that it was him that was glowing that night. But not much of a power. At the most he was considered a Latent.

Time passed. Steve had done well with his detective agency. He actually was tracking down a mob member. Steve was sure that the mobster could be turned from a life of crime...

He cornered him in a warehouse. It was a trap! Steve had hid behind some crates. When the mob came around the corner. FLASH! A bright light emitted from his hands. The blinded mobsters were captured. He realized that the mob didn't get the chance to ID him.

He used that to his advantage. He practiced with his powers. And he came up with a simple costume and started fighting crime. But he wanted to still be a detective. So began his private career as Detective Luminous.

Detective Luminous (sometimes just Luminous), still looks for the best in people. Still hasn't quite given up on anyone. And he still loves a good mystery.

Luminous doesn't know that Dark Energy can harm him more than others, and as long as there is at least artificial light, Luminous can show his powers.

Looked it over - I like the background. There are a few things that will need tweaking, but nothing that alters the core of the character. Probably the biggest thing we'd need to discuss would be the superhero moonlighting, due to the lack of superhero activity in the city up to this point. The relationship with the mentor is a nice twist, by the way.

Whoops...missed that bit about there not being any super activity yet. I added that in there to give you a lead to pull me into the campaign. We can totally nix it if that's a better way to run it, and allow for Armando to become Engram during the first part fo the campaign.

Now, as far as powers are concerned, I will want to see a rough writeup so I can figure out how Armando functions in combats. Mentalists are always tricky in a Champions game, as the rules can set them up to be absurdly underpowered or absolutely overwhelming. It's a tough balance when a character's main attacks can completely bypass traditional defenses, and most supers aren't built with high EGO scores and/or lots of Mental Defense. That's not a strike against the character...I just want to let you know that if the submission is accepted, I'm going to take great care in making sure the final product will be balanced.

I'm totally down with that, but as I'm seeing him as having never really used his powers in combat before, I think it'll be pretty broad, and not overpowered in any area.

I'm about to hit the sack for the night, but will put a baseline character sheet together shortly and get it uploaded here. I don't have HDC, so I hope plain text is okay.

Okay, I looked over the background and HD file, and had a few comments.

He used that to his advantage. He practiced with his powers. And he came up with a simple costume and started fighting crime. But he wanted to still be a detective. So began his private career as Detective Luminous.

Okay, so you're a private investigator instead of a police detective. That works (though you may want to take the 1 pt Perk for P.I. License). However, I noticed you have a Secret ID. It's not going to be a huge leap if you're an expert detective and call yourself Detective Luminous - all someone has to do is start going through the police detectives and licensed private investigators in the area until they come up with some likely suspects. You may just want to call yourself Luminous.

Also, the police contact is pretty huge for a starting character - you may want to have a particular person in the department as your contact instead of the entire department, then buy it up with experience.

Luminous doesn't know that Dark Energy can harm him more than others, and as long as there is at least artificial light, Luminous can show his powers.

This worried me...a lot. All your powers have the -1/4 limitation "requires light to use". Including your 20 PD/20 ED Force Field. Technically, if someone drops a smoke grenade on you (Darkness versus Sight Group), you're in deep trouble. An Entangle that blocks the Sight sense group is even worse.

I don't mind characters with weakness - it can be a great plot hook. However, aside from a 23 DEX, all your stats are within normal human limits, and you don't have martial arts or anything else to fall back on. That makes you pretty tough until the situation comes up (you saved roughly 40 points from the limitation), and unable to fight your way out of a wet paper bag when it does come up. Per the 5E guidelines, a -1/4 limitation limits you about a fourth of the time...that's a lot of time when you can't do anything in combat.

This might be better simulated with an END Reserve, that has recovery bought with the limitation "must have light to recover END". That way, when you're put in darkness, you have a limited reserve of light you can draw upon...which ties in well with the mention of you using your own light to read.

Hey, Fedifensor, I need an assist.

I'm having a hard time coming up with how to create the power he used to contact Dr. Masterson. I love the idea of a lonely boy broadcasting his wish for some friends to talk to mentally, but I'm not sure how to buy it - or if I even should, honestly, or just call it "unfocused, youthful use of powers" and hand-wave it away...

I'm about to hit the sack for the night' date=' but will put a baseline character sheet together shortly and get it uploaded here. I don't have HDC, so I hope plain text is okay.[/quote']

Plain text is fine. I expect to have applications open for a few weeks, so no rush. There's a local game convention over President's Day weekend, so I won't make my final selections until the 16th at the earliest.

I'm having a hard time coming up with how to create the power he used to contact Dr. Masterson. I love the idea of a lonely boy broadcasting his wish for some friends to talk to mentally, but I'm not sure how to buy it - or if I even should, honestly, or just call it "unfocused, youthful use of powers" and hand-wave it away...

It'd be some form of Mind Scan combined with Telepathy, but I'd have to dig into the rules to come up with the specifics. Basically, you sweep an area for a particular type of mind, then use Telepathy to contact the person.

jwpacker,

You could always say the doctors that helped him imposed mental barriers to his powers so he didn't burn his, or anyone else's, mind out when he reached puberty. Otherwise, yes it's just a pretty big Mind Scan with Telepathy.

Here's a concept I've been dying to play for quite some time:

GUARDIAN

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13/40 STR 3 12- / 17- Lift 151.6kg/6400.0kg; 2 1/2d6/8d6 [1]

14/23 DEX 12 12- / 14- OCV: 5/8/DCV: 5/8

13/23 CON 6 12- / 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

14 COM 2 12-

5/25 PD 2 Total: 5/25 PD (5/20 rPD)

3/25 ED 0 Total: 3/25 ED (3/20 rED)

3/5 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12

6/13 REC 0

26/46 END 0

25/44 STUN 1 Total Characteristic Cost: 42

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 10"/20"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Endo-Skeleton, all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

27 1) Servoes: +27 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

18 2) Synaptic Relays: +9 DEX (27 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 3) Pain Dampers: +10 CON (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

10 4) Impact Distributers: +15 PD (15 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 5) Refective Coating: +20 ED (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 6) Hardened Shell: Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED) (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 7) Wired Reflexes: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

20 8) Power Batteries: Endurance Reserve (150 END, 15 REC) (30 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 Boot Jets: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

13 Sealed Systems: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

41 Weapons Systems: Multipower, 62-point reserve, (62 Active Points); all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

1u 1) Strength Booster: +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

2u 2) Point Defense System: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection (40 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 4

4u 3) Power Blast: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 4) Reduced Energy Blast: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

4u 5) Multi-Blast: Energy Blast 8d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 6) Force Field Bubble: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 7) Force Field Projector: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 5" long and 2" tall) (Alterable Size), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (62 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 5

4u 8) Hologram Projector: Sight and Hearing Groups Images Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), +/-5 to PER Rolls, Alterable Size, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 5

3u 9) Intense Hologram: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

Heads-Up Display, all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 1) Sensor Suite: Radar (Radio Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

3 2) Night Vision Filters: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

3 3) Telescopic Sights: +11 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

3 4) Audio Receptors: +11 versus Range Modifier for Normal Hearing (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

7 5) Flare Compensators: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

8 6) Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

7 7) Point-to-Point Comms: Mind Link , Human class of minds, One Specific Mind, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Flashed As Radio Group not Mental (+0) (20 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Comm Gear (-1), OIF: Suit (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

2 8) Range Finder: Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

2 9) Chronometer: Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

3 10) Hard Drive: Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

2 11) Math Co-Processor: Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

Perks

3 Reputation: Respected Hero (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6

10 Nerd Squad: Follower

Notes: 4 0/25 Point Followers

Skills

3 Breakfall 12- (14-)

2 KS: Known Supers 11-

3 KS: Sports 12-

2 CK: Campaign CIty 11-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Stealth 12- (14-)

1 Systems Operation 8-

1 Tactics 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 308

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Psychological Limitation: Trying to Live up to Famous Hero (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Scientific Genius, 11-

Notes: This is a Disad because he's really not one.

20 Hunted: Mystery 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Guardian's Former Teammates 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Hunted: Mystery 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Dark Secret: Stole the Guardian Armor (Occasionally, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Joshua was always the popular kid at school. He was tall, good looking, and athletic, everything that his best friend Anthony wasn't. Joshua could have made a career out of protecing Anthony from the bullies. When they went to college it was pretty much the same thing. Anthony got in on an Acedimeic Scholorship, and Josh got in on an athletic scholorship. Joshua's protection extended to Anthony's "Nerd Squad" as he called them.

One day as the "Nerd Squad" was helping Josh study for his upcoming chemistry test, a figure came crashing through their dorm room. The Power Armored hero Guardian was caught off guard by Lord Havok. The hero asked the teens to help him remove his armor and guided them though it. They quickly hid the hero. Lord Havok, not seeing his opponent, flew off to whatever plan for taking over the world he had next. Unfortuately, Lord Havok had done his job, and the hero was dying. Before he died, he whispered something to the teens that worked hard to save his life. They were sure he said "Use it wisely". That could only mean he wanted them to use the suit to be a hero.

They spent months trying to work out how to the suit worked and how to repair the massive damage done. They all agreed that Joshua would be the best canidate to actually pilot the suit.

They now use the suit as the Guardian. While they believe that the original Guardian wanted them to use the suit, they're sure someone would come to take the suit away if anyone found out what happened. So far they've been successful, but Josh isn't sure how much longer he'll be able to keep it up, or what will happen if he can't.

In an effort to make sure no one finds out the truth about Guardian, the team has decided to move their base of operations. They decided on a place where there was no paranormal activity.

Personality/Motivation: Josh is an all american guy. He's brave, with a good head on his shoulders. He always strives to do the right thing. Hiding what happened with the armor is weighing slightly on his conscience, but he believes he can do the most good, where most supers don't look.

Quote: What the heck is tha..Err I mean, that's a particle accelerator

Powers/Tactics: Guardian is a typical Power Armored hero. Josh and his friends haven't figured everything out yet, and the suit has a lot of abilites they haven't figured out how to use.

Nerd Squad:

Anthony Bruno: Major: Computer Science / Electronics Minor: Robotics

Jennifer Smith - Major: Organic Chemistry / Biology. Minor: Botonay

Marcus Weatherbe - Major: Theoretical Mathmatics / Physics Minor: Astrophysics

Franklin Shabot - Major: Metalurgy / Chemistry. Minor: Metahuman Studies.

guardian.jpg

Okay, I looked over the background and HD file, and had a few comments.

Okay, so you're a private investigator instead of a police detective. That works (though you may want to take the 1 pt Perk for P.I. License). However, I noticed you have a Secret ID. It's not going to be a huge leap if you're an expert detective and call yourself Detective Luminous - all someone has to do is start going through the police detectives and licensed private investigators in the area until they come up with some likely suspects. You may just want to call yourself Luminous.

Also, the police contact is pretty huge for a starting character - you may want to have a particular person in the department as your contact instead of the entire department, then buy it up with experience.

This worried me...a lot. All your powers have the -1/4 limitation "requires light to use". Including your 20 PD/20 ED Force Field. Technically, if someone drops a smoke grenade on you (Darkness versus Sight Group), you're in deep trouble. An Entangle that blocks the Sight sense group is even worse.

I don't mind characters with weakness - it can be a great plot hook. However, aside from a 23 DEX, all your stats are within normal human limits, and you don't have martial arts or anything else to fall back on. That makes you pretty tough until the situation comes up (you saved roughly 40 points from the limitation), and unable to fight your way out of a wet paper bag when it does come up. Per the 5E guidelines, a -1/4 limitation limits you about a fourth of the time...that's a lot of time when you can't do anything in combat.

This might be better simulated with an END Reserve, that has recovery bought with the limitation "must have light to recover END". That way, when you're put in darkness, you have a limited reserve of light you can draw upon...which ties in well with the mention of you using your own light to read.

Lowered my DEX to 20, changed my Contact to one person, Added PI license. Took off the -1/4 limitation and lowered powers to 50 Active points (approx), Added END reserve and lowered personal END.

Changed ID to Public and changed hunteds to reflect this...

I'm now 12 points over the limit. What else should I trim?

It'd be some form of Mind Scan combined with Telepathy' date=' but I'd have to dig into the rules to come up with the specifics. Basically, you sweep an area for a particular type of mind, then use Telepathy to contact the person.[/quote']

That makes perfect sense. I misread Mind Scan and thought it, like most mental powers, was LOS only. I've come up with everything but a movement power for my character, but the EC I have his powers in is a little expensive. I'm going to try a combination of MP and EC to see if I can bring the costs down to just astronomical. :)

Here are my stats for Armando Gonzales, soon to be Engram, protector of the innocent! Note that I have not populated his two Hunted disads, wondering if there is an appropriate pool of badguys to pull from.

8 STR 18 3 SS: Psychology, 12-

30 DEX 20 3 SS: Metabiology, 12-

16 CON 18 3 KS: US History, 12-

8 BODY 14 3 KS: American Literature, 12-

8 INT 18 3 Conversation, 12-

26 EGO 23 3 Deduction, 13-

5 PRE 20 2 Language: Spanish

2 COM 14 20 Skills

1 PD 5

1 ED 5

10 SPD 4

0 REC 8

12 END 60

0 STUN 32

127 Characteristics

50 MP: Mental Manipulation (50 Point Pool)

5u 1) Mental Hands: Telekinesis - STR 26, Fine Manipulation (49) - 5 END

5u 2) Mental Strike: Ego Attack - 5D6 (50) - 5 END

4u 3) Mental Paralysis: Entangle - 2D6, Based on ECV, vs EGO not STR, No

Damage from Physical Attacks, Cannot form Barriers (50) - 5 END

5u 4) Mental Weakness: Drain - 3D6 EGO, Usable at Range (45) - 4 END

3u 5) Alter Emotions: 10D6 Mind Control, Only to Alter or Inflict Emotions (50)

- 5 END

2u 6) Empathic Healing: 5D6 Simplified Healing, Only on Others, Side Effect -

Takes 1/2 of damage that is healed (50) - 5 END

20 EC: Mental Powers (40 Active Points)

19 1) Mental Invisibility: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, No Fringe, Costs END only

to Activate, Human Mind Only (44) - 4 END Activation

20 2) Mind Reading: 8D6 Telepathy (40) - 4 END

10 3) Mind Finding: 8D6 Mind Scan (40), Only to Establish Telepathic

Communication or Mink Link (-1) - 4 END

20 4) Telekinetic Shield: 16 PD/ 16 ED Force Field, Costs END only to activate (40)

- 4 END Activation

10 5) Telekinetic Levitation: 16” Flight, Costs END only to active, 25 meter maximum

altitude (-1/2), No Noncombat Multiple (-1/2) (40) - 4 END Activation

20 6) Precognitive Dodge: + 8 DCV (40) - 0 END, Constant

10 Mink Link: Any One Person, Linked to Mind Finding (-1/2) - 0 END

203 Powers

15 DNPC: Dr. Masterson, mentor and lover, slightly less powerful, unaware of

secret ID, 11-

25 DNPC: Family, mom, dad and six siblings, normals, unaware of secret ID,

large group, 8-

15 Psych Lim: Monophobia, fear of being alone, worse when he’s unable to

at least contact someone with mind link or telepathy, common, strong

20 Psych Lim: Entirely in love with Dr. Masterson, would do anything for her,

common, total

15 Psych Lim: Gregarious, chatty and talkative with everyone around him, wants

to be everyone’s friend and the life of the party, common, strong

15 Social Lim: Secret Identity, Armando Gonzales, Frequent, Major

15 Vulnerability: 1.5xBODY, 2xSTUN from sonic attacks (Uncommon)

15 Hunted:

15 Hunted:

Armando Gonzales was the born into a large, poor family in Thornton, Colorado. The seventh child of seven, the household was always noisy, and Armando seemed ill suited to it, torn between wanting to be out and about with everyone, and involved, but overwhelmed by the noise. No one was terribly surprised when Armando developed many imaginary friends. Perfectly normal, the school psychologist said, for a child who can't be the center of attention for his parents to invent people who give him their undivided attention. Everything was fine, in fact, until one of Armando's imaginary friends showed up on their front porch.

The woman, for a real woman it was, introduced herself as Dr. Masterson, a young researcher from up in Boulder. She told Armando's parents that he had contacted her telepathically, and said he was trying to find a friend, and he wondered if she would be his friend. At first, she played along, but over time came to realize two things. First, if Armando had been casting about for friends using his innate psychic abilities, it seemed likely that he might be contacted, eventually, but by someone who didn't have his best interests at heart. And second, that given that she had had to drive a significant distance to find the family, Armando must be a very powerful psychic indeed.

Armando's parents, along with Dr. Masterson, found some researchers at Colorado State University who were only too happy to help test out some of Armando's abilities. As Dr. Masterson had predicted, Armando was especially gifted for a boy of ten, with the potential for a significant increase in that power when he hit puberty. The university staff offered to provide an environment where Armando could safely explore the limits of his power and grow into them in a controlled way. Armando's parents agreed, and Armando became a regular at the CSU Metahuman Studies department.

In addition to being able to read and send thoughts across great distances, Armando proved to have access to a whole suite of possible tools. He had an innate grasp of emotions, and could not just read them, but cause them to bloom in people. In one competition with another budding mentalist, Armando, now sixteen, accidentally knocked the other man unconscious.

As soon as he turned eighteen, Armando applied for, and was quickly accepted at, CSU. He began taking classes in Metahuman Studies from professors who had been like surrogate parents for him. Having grown up poor, it was only through grants and loans that he can attend the university.

Having emerged from his shell, Armando became a very gregarious student, and everyone seemed to know who he was and to generally like him. He still tended to retreat to the library to recharge in the comparative silence, but he found being alone trying. He gravitated to activities that weren’t too loud, like gaming clubs and the like, but tended to avoid sporting events and concerts.

He's currently twenty years old, he's completed his sophomore year of college, and he's agonizing about what to focus on. Metahuman Studies, while interesting, hasn't proved to be as engrossing as he might have hoped. He's actually leaning towards a double major in English and History, but explaining that to his parents might take some doing.

To add to some drama in his life, he's found himself involved in a relationship with his former mentor and patron, Dr. Tamara Masterson. No one - not his family or hers - is aware of this change in their relationship.

(Posting from my G1 phone)

My internet connection is down, so I won't be able to give detailed feedback on characters until tomorrow at the earliest. However, I have a few quick comments:

* Skills - I'm looking for 30+ points of noncombat skills/perks. Miracle's xharacter sheet should be looked to as an example. She has 26 pts of noncombat skills and a 2 pt Weapon Familarity included for flavor, plus 14 points of perks. I consider that to be on the low side of what I prefer. If you have less than that, you may want to pull points from elsewhere and think about what skills and perks you can add.

* Multipower slots - Keep in mind, multipower slots are relatively cheap to add with XP. If you're short on points, consider trimming a few of your non-essential slots.

There are tons of ways I could trim him down to add more skills. I mean I could take out the Followers, and Mind Link and just give him Science Skills and the like. The idea is though, that's 17 points of non-combat skills added in a unique way that, I feel, adds flavor to the character. Then there's another 6 points of useless powers (Absolute Range Sense, Absolute Time Sense, Lightning Calculator) that just add Power Armor flavor. That's assuming you don't consider some of his enhanced senses non-combat powers.

Then he has about 10 points in non-combat skills (although the Stealth and Breakfall was meant more for when he ISN'T wearing the armor). I made Tactics and System Operations Fam's as a choice, not as a point savings. He's supposed to be new at the whole hero thing, but he has 4 of the best tutors helping him become a true hero.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if you think he needs more non-combat skills, I have no problem coming up with the points to get them (although not sure what I'd spend them on unless I really did get rid of the Nerd Squad, maybe a lot more Fam's).

Guardian take II

GUARDIAN

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15/40 STR 5 12- / 17- Lift 200.0kg/6400.0kg; 3d6/8d6; [1]

14/23 DEX 12 12- / 14- OCV 5/8 DCV 5/8

13/23 CON 6 12- / 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

14 COM 2 12-

5/25 PD 2 Total: 5/25 PD (5/15 rPD)

3/20 ED 0 Total: 3/20 ED (3/15 rED)

3/5 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12

6/13 REC 0

26/46 END 0

25/43 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 43

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 3"/8"

Flight: 10" / 20"

Cost Powers END

Endo-Skeleton, all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

25 1) Servoes: +25 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

18 2) Synaptic Relays: +9 DEX (27 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 3) Pain Dampers: +10 CON (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

10 4) Impact Distributers: +15 PD (15 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

10 5) Refective Coating: +15 ED (15 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

10 6) Hardened Shell: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

13 7) Wired Reflexes: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

17 8) Power Batteries: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 15 REC) (25 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

13 Boot Jets: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

13 Sealed Systems: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

41 Weapons Systems: Multipower, 62-point reserve, (62 Active Points); all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

1u 1) Strength Booster: +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

2u 2) Point Defense System: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection (40 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 4

4u 3) Power Blast: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 4) Reduced Energy Blast: Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 2

4u 5) Multi-Blast: Energy Blast 8d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 6) Force Field Bubble: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

4u 7) Force Field Projector: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 5" long and 2" tall) (Alterable Size), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (62 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 5

4u 8) Hologram Projector: Sight and Hearing Groups Images Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), +/-5 to PER Rolls, Alterable Size, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 5

3u 9) Intense Hologram: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF: Suit (-1/2) 6

Heads-Up Display, all slots OIF: Suit (-1/2)

13 1) Sensor Suite: Radar (Radio Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (20 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

3 2) Night Vision Filters: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

3 3) Telescopic Sights: +11 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

3 4) Flare Compensators: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

8 5) Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2) 0

7 6) Point-to-Point Comms: Mind Link , Human class of minds, One Specific Mind, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Flashed As Radio Group not Mental (+0) (20 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Comm Gear (-1), OIF: Suit (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 0

2 7) Range Finder: Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

2 8) Chronometer: Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

3 9) Hard Drive: Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

2 10) Math Co-Processor: Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points); OIF: Suit (-1/2)

Perks

3 Reputation: Respected Hero (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6

10 Follower Note: 4 0/25 Point Followers

Skills

3 Breakfall 12- (14-)

3 Combat Driving 12- (14-) Note: Motorcycle

2 CK: Campaign CIty 11-

3 CuK: College Life 12-

3 Electronics 12- Note: Car electrical systems and radios only

3 Mechanics 12-

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Stealth 12- (14-)

1 Systems Operation 8-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Automobiles (3 Active Points) 12-

1 2) KS: Known Supers (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: Sports (3 Active Points) 12-

Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) AK: Native Country 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) Conversation 8-

0 6) Deduction 8-

0 7) Language: English (Idiomatic, native accent) (4 Active Points)

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) Persuasion 8-

0 10) PS: Player's Choice 8-

0 11) Shadowing 8-

0 12) Stealth 8-

0 13) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Snowboarding

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 307

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Psychological Limitation: Trying to Live up to Famous Hero (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Scientific Genius, 11- Note: This is a Disad because he's really not one.

20 Hunted: Mystery 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Guardian's Former Teammates 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Hunted: Mystery 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

10 Social Limitation: Dark Secret: Stole the Guardian Armor (Occasionally, Major)

0 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Lowered my DEX to 20, changed my Contact to one person, Added PI license. Took off the -1/4 limitation and lowered powers to 50 Active points (approx), Added END reserve and lowered personal END.

Changed ID to Public and changed hunteds to reflect this...

I'm now 12 points over the limit. What else should I trim?

Well not the GM, but here's where I would make up the points if I were you:

Your INT is in a weird place. You could take a 13 and it would do the same thing for you (same PER roll and INT rolls). Same with your EGO. If you lower it to 11 you get the same ECV. You'd lose 1 on your EGO roll (11- instead of 12-), but I doubt that will come up often enough to be a problem.

I would seriously consider raising your CON at least to 18, but I'd put it at 20. While that seems to be going the wrong way (adding points instead of reducing) you've spent points on almost every figured characteristic (END is the only one you didn't) that pretty much screams your base characteristics aren't high enough. Personally I'd raise STR to 15 too. If you keep the figured where they are now, and sell your END back down to 30, raising your STR to 15 and your CON to 20 will cost you a whopping 1 point.

Your SPD seems a bit high for the rest of the stats you have. He seems relatively normal, but then has a 5 SPD, just doesn't seem to fit. You could knock this down to a 4 I'd bet.

If you keep the SPD you could make is EC look like this:

Light Powers: Elemental Control, 44-point powers

Light Protection: Force Field (18 PD/18 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4)

Riding the Light: Flight 20", x4 Noncombat

Reflect Light: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups , No Fringe, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4)

I've lowered your DEF's a little, changed your Invis (not sure how bending light makes you invisible to sound and radio) kept the sound, removed the radio and added Costs END Only to Activate.

Changing the stats as above (but keeping the 5 SPD) and making your EC look like mine brings the character to 349. Tweak to taste.

Well not the GM, but here's where I would make up the points if I were you:

Your INT is in a weird place. You could take a 13 and it would do the same thing for you (same PER roll and INT rolls). Same with your EGO. If you lower it to 11 you get the same ECV. You'd lose 1 on your EGO roll (11- instead of 12-), but I doubt that will come up often enough to be a problem.

I would seriously consider raising your CON at least to 18, but I'd put it at 20. While that seems to be going the wrong way (adding points instead of reducing) you've spent points on almost every figured characteristic (END is the only one you didn't) that pretty much screams your base characteristics aren't high enough. Personally I'd raise STR to 15 too. If you keep the figured where they are now, and sell your END back down to 30, raising your STR to 15 and your CON to 20 will cost you a whopping 1 point.

Your SPD seems a bit high for the rest of the stats you have. He seems relatively normal, but then has a 5 SPD, just doesn't seem to fit. You could knock this down to a 4 I'd bet.

If you keep the SPD you could make is EC look like this:

Light Powers: Elemental Control, 44-point powers

Light Protection: Force Field (18 PD/18 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4)

Riding the Light: Flight 20", x4 Noncombat

Reflect Light: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups , No Fringe, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4)

I've lowered your DEF's a little, changed your Invis (not sure how bending light makes you invisible to sound and radio) kept the sound, removed the radio and added Costs END Only to Activate.

Changing the stats as above (but keeping the 5 SPD) and making your EC look like mine brings the character to 349. Tweak to taste.

I made the changes. But I come up with 353, not 349.