New Product: Elvish Checkers [board game]

Secret Master

This is a two-player game that uses a checkerboard-style movement grid. In addition, each player has a large "village" spot on their side of the board that is connected to all four spaces in their back row. Players have seven regular "elf" pieces and one big "stone man" piece. (All pieces are glass beads or colored rocks.)

The object of the game is to move all of your elves into your opponent's village. Players move one piece forward one spot on the diagonal matrix each turn. Two elves (one or two colors) may occupy a single space. If the stone man lands on an elf, it sends it back to the owner's village.

The game components include a set of glass beads and polished rocks and a roll-up mat with the map printed on it.

Components: 1 page of rules 1 green cloth game mat 2 Stone Men rock pieces (each of different colors) 14 Elf unit glass pieces (7 of two different colors)

Jason's Note: I enjoy playing 3Sages various "board" games (they're actually cloth mats), especially when I'm traveling, drinking at a bar, or when we don't have enough people at our local game night. One of the great things about this game is that it comes in a "Bags-O-Fun" playmat that you can wear as a pouch or tuck up in your vest pocket. Highly recommended.

Elvish Checkers can be purchased at the Hero Store here

Re: New Product: Elvish Checkers [board game]

Thanks for that - from looking at the other board games posted here, they do seem to be light beer&pretzel games. Could be fun, but not a lot of replayability - I'll just stick to Hive and Gipf.

I generally make light games, so would be more interested in longer games, with theme and backstory.