Mottos for use in games

matrix3

The mottos used by various (mainly military) organizations can be very useful in giving flavor to Dark Champions games. One of my favorites is

"The difficult anytime. The impossible by appointment only."

used by The US Navy's Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman. What are some of your favorite mottos, and have you used them in games?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mottos for use in games

Here's a couple off the top of my head, with thanks to Richard Marcinko and the US Navy SEALs.

"The more you bleed in training, the less you die in combat."

"The only easy day was yesterday,"

And, of course, since we've had the SAS, let's have the motto of their Royal Marine counterparts, the SBS: "Not by strength, but by guile,"

Here's a couple off the top of my head, with thanks to Richard Marcinko and the US Navy SEALs.

"The more you bleed in training, the less you die in combat."

"The only easy day was yesterday,"

And, of course, since we've had the SAS, let's have the motto of their Royal Marine counterparts, the SBS: "Not by strength, but by guile,"

I thought the SBS motto was "By strength and guile."?

Hmm..seems very appropriate for dark champions' date=' if my players are any indication.[/quote']

Heh, yep.

It hails back to our old Danger International "Zombie Squad" campaign, where the PC's were all "officially dead" black ops agents.

it fit.

which reminds me of another classic gem...

"There is no problem which cannot be overcome by the suitable application of High Explosives"

"Peace is our profession...War is just a hobby": The unofficial motto of the Strategic Air Command.

YGTBSM: "You've Got To Be S******g Me": The unofficial motto of the "Wild Weasels" (Air Force air defense suppression units). Good for those non-CCA Dark Champions games, particularly those who have nigh-impossible missions.

One from my own Marine Corps: "Death Before Dishonor...But Neither Before Breakfast!"

The mottos used by various (mainly military) organizations can be very useful in giving flavor to Dark Champions games. One of my favorites is

"The difficult anytime. The impossible by appointment only."

used by The US Navy's Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman. What are some of your favorite mottos, and have you used them in games?

Heh, if they added in 'Naval' between Special and Amphibious they would have SNARC for their intitals...