6th Edition Character Sheet

Steve Long

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6th Edition Character Sheet

This is great. I like this the best since the metacreator export of the 4E sheet. Its pared down and hits the essentials. Its also very well organized. Most of the 5E sheets I saw didn't quite fit my needs and seemed to allot a good deal of space to things I didn't need and chincey space to things I did need. This one's good for games with powers (I do run them every so often), though I'm a skill heavy mundane heroic setting luddite for the most part. Kudos.

That's very nice.

The only improvement I would suggest would be to get rid of the Combat Modifiers box - which has nothing to do with the character, since they're the same for everyone. And replace it with a brief summary of the main attacks/weapons that the character has (other than STR/MA). Or any other important powers that need to be emphasized because of their frequent impact on play, like Invisibility, Desolid, Multiform, etc.

That's very nice.

The only improvement I would suggest would be to get rid of the Combat Modifiers box - which has nothing to do with the character, since they're the same for everyone. And replace it with a brief summary of the main attacks/weapons that the character has (other than STR/MA). Or any other important powers that need to be emphasized because of their frequent impact on play, like Invisibility, Desolid, Multiform, etc.

It's nice the way it is. My players don't have these things memorized, while those other things like invis, desolid, Multiform etc. Don't come up very often in heroic games. This is one of the best sheets ever for Heroic games.

For supers, it might be nice to have a special version of the sheet that removes Hit Location (along with the info on the general hit locations) and adds those items you mention.

Tasha

It's nice the way it is. My players don't have these things memorized, while those other things like invis, desolid, Multiform etc. Don't come up very often in heroic games. This is one of the best sheets ever for Heroic games.

For supers, it might be nice to have a special version of the sheet that removes Hit Location (along with the info on the general hit locations) and adds those items you mention.

Tasha

Actually, as Hero is as much or more a system for building a game as it is a game unto itself, it might be nice to have character sheets customized for a variety of different genres, and even settings. Perhaps a custom sheet released with each genre book, and with setting books where the setting has sufficient customization to merit this. For example, a character sheet for a setting where NCM is the default might include NCM info, and one where hit locations are not used would leave these out.

It's nice the way it is. My players don't have these things memorized' date='[/quote']

There's lots of things the players don't have memorized. We don't put them all on the character sheet. You can have a separate sheet of tables to quickly look up stuff.

while those other things like invis, desolid, Multiform etc. Don't come up very often in heroic games.

Which was the whole point.

This is one of the best sheets ever for Heroic games.

I agree. Although it will never be as good as the sheet I create myself.

Hi all,

Sheet seems nice enough, I guess; I'm sure it'll serve pretty well. But to look down at a HERO character sheet and see STR, DEX, CON, and then...something other than BODY as 4th stat...really jarring after so many years and editions of the same order; drives home more than all the debate I've followed on these boards that this really is a new edition, and the biggest departure from the past yet. BODY's current place in the stat order makes more logical sense, and I like what I've heard of the new hotness, and I'm sure I'll pick up the books once hardcopies become available, but there's no denying my first look at the characteristics block threw me for a loop - much more so than when D&D shuffled their stat order around from the old Str/Int/Wis/Dex/Con/Cha... :) Ah well, "the old order changeth, yielding place to new/and God fulfils himself in many ways/lest one good custom should corrupt the world". At least the changes seem to be for the better, this go-round.

Love it. It is clean and crisp and al the important information is easily accessible right where you need it. All commonly variable stats are together BOD / Stun / END so you dont have to jump around the page, I'll take it as is. Is there a HD template?

I've posted this to the Free Stuff page' date=' but just to make sure everyone who wants it can find it easily, here's the 6E character sheet.[/quote']

Hmm. This is exactly waht this is, a HERO character sheet and it evokes the system rather than anything else.

I go on about this a lot. I think this is possibly as good as you might get for a single sheet trying to do everything. Good work. :)

I think there is a place for some good quality playing sheets that evoke genres. I loved the Justice Inc character sheets because they evoked the period...

What about a competition for game character sheets that facilitate the evocation of the games people play. I think that with the advent of cheap printing that these should be colour. All the entries could be put on the website for people to use...

Doc

I love this character sheet. I do have a minor request though. Would it be at all possible to get a version of the PDF that allows value entry in the blanks, and saving of the modified document?

You know, like our good ol' 1040 tax forms and all? ;)

I would like to second this.

I will Third This. If it helps :P

I believe saving PDF forms requires a commercial version of a PDF client, such as Acrobat. It is expensive, cumbersome and, IMO, not worth the licensing fees. I have yet to see a free PDF reader that supports forms.

Just my $1.02.

Go download the 1040 individual tax forms from irs.gov and open them in Adobe Reader. You'll find that they are quite modifiable (in the sense that you can fill in the blanks, not change the form text) and quite savable.

Now CREATING those forms that can be filled in may indeed require Acrobat (rather than, say, saving a word processing document to PDF format by exporting from Open Office), but that's not going to impose a difficulty on the user base.

I announced this in the Hero Designer forums, but this is an excellent place to mention it again. I have posted a Hero Designer Export Format that exports to this character sheet. It is called "RTF - Official Character Sheet," and you can find it in the Vault.

Here is a sample output. I am open to suggestions and refinements.

One thing I have been able to do though the years is look at a character sheet and know if I am going to like the game or not and how difficult it will be for me to learn.

This sheet is clean simple and to the point. So I started reading my friends PDF and I was hooked.

I hope to be playing soon.

One thing I have been able to do though the years is look at a character sheet and know if I am going to like the game or not and how difficult it will be for me to learn.

This sheet is clean simple and to the point. So I started reading my friends PDF and I was hooked.

I hope to be playing soon.

Welcome to the Hero System.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we'll mob you with answers.