List Your CO Heroes!

Steve Long

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: List Your CO Heroes!

I have the game. Thundrax (more screenshots than you can shake a Ping Pong Ball Gun at in the Screenshots thread) has been mowing down Qularr like grass.

If I recall correctly, I'm @thundrax. I'll try to create someone interesting for the Hero Games squad.

In the meantime, here's a new version of Billy Deighton, Sky Sergeant of the Canadian Rocket Brigade. The art deco pieces really helped.

Billy.jpg

I Have The Finn, Ms Panic, and Knuckles O'Leary. I installed more memory last night but the game is still too much for my laptop. I bought the lifetime sub, so I will be playing as soon as I build the Dorktronic Killthousand. Since Microsoft won't let me buy a 360 version of CO, I am gutting a red-ringed 360 chassis and building a PC.

Regarding the manual.... there really isn't one. They started an online one.... the tutorial text is more useful.

As far as chat - if you use the global name (@whatever_the_name_is)the message does get through. The in game friends list was bugged... you would have friends but they were not visible... that might be fixed.. if you are logged into the CO website you can see your friend list and it does seem to accurately tell when people are on and what character.

I'm @grey-guardian

I've got too many characters so far a couple around 15 most below lvl 10

Grey Guardian - martial arts (unarmed) and teleport (which is way cooler than in city of heroes) based on a champions character I ran about 20 years ago in college.

Knight Bright - power armor and I got a bit carried away with the art deco stuff.

Kellrin - sorcery - primal - haven't respec'd yet.

Black Kiss - darkness

Big Electric Cat - Mystic + electric. seems to work so far.

Professor Quibble - gadgets

Guest Worldmaker

I keep finding myself making alts, then deleting them rather than playing them. I'm keeping Swallowtail, and just remade the Skink. But most of the others have been deleted.

Hey folx! Now that people are playing the game, I figured it would be useful for those of us who frequent the Hero boards to list our heroes here, so perhaps we might recognize one another in-game.

I've created five so far:

Harbinger

Johnny Hercules

Doctor Arcane

Steel Scarab

Azure Dragon

Once I figure out how to create a superteam, I'll see about creating one for Hero boards members. ;)

i can guess who harbinger is but whos johnny hercules? a prizefighter type/ [it sounds likea fighters ring name

I have three characters so far, Victrix, Blue Shift and Ninja Gecko. My friends and I formed a SG called the Wayfarers.

No pics 'cause the CO site is fubar. :(

Currently, I have 4 characters:

Dudette (Magical Cowgirl - Munitions/MA/Sorcery)

Red Menace (Ex-Soviet superspy - Gadgeteer)

Mekaera (AWOL extraterrestrial supersoldier - Power Armor)

Djeserit (Mystic Egyptian warrior-priestess - Single Blade)

Oddly, they're all female. At some point, I'll have to roll up a token male hero, if only so I don't start questioning my own gender identity... :P

OK. I caved in and got it. I'm going to put my video card in my wife's PC and we're going to share that one for gaming, after we get done moving to the new apartment. So, I won't be on much until later in the month, just creating some characters most likely.

I am @PatternGhost:

Geist: Munitions. Going to mix in some MA and some Power Armor. Inspired by Ghost in the Shell.

Blue Comet: Out of retirement, golden age cosmic-y type. Custom Framework w/Might builder and Force attack.

Greyhound: Speedster. Took Single Blade, hoping there's a billy club style replacer for it somewhere.

Krusher McGee: Might. Maxed most body sliders. Minimized head size slider. A hero worthy of Liefield. (Ok, the game won't let you make anything quite as bad as a Liefield.)

I'll probably make something from Sorcery next. Haven't got a particular character in mind though.

I'm @FenianB, /friend away, freely and of your own will. :) I started a new character named Galatea, a cyborg inspired in part by Dark Champions Gunmetal Silk, part Shadowrun street sam. I'm purposely eschewing power frameworks with her to see how that works out.

i can guess who harbinger is but whos johnny hercules?

This is actually something you'll read about more in the new CU book. ;)

The first Johnny Hercules was one of the 13 heroes killed in the Battle of Detroit. He was a student who, while exploring a cave he stumbled across during a backpacking trip across Greece, found a mystic gem that imbued him with the Hercules Force, a mystical energy(?)/entity(?) that granted him superhuman strength and resilience.

After he was killed, apparently the Hercules Force was freed. It eventually, for reasons unknown, chose to "settle into" the body of another young man, who's now the new Johnny Hercules. And I decided to make him one of my CO toons. ;)

Though how much I'll play him, I dunno. I tend to be more of a ranged guy than a melee guy in MMOs. I just don't react fast enough to be good at fighting HTH.

Hi All,

I'm new to the HERO Boards, discovered it through CO and am liking what I see :)

My heroes are:

Paladin

Manimal

Wraithwing

Mechawing

'Deadeye' Duke McQueen (Robot Cowboy anyone?)

Say hi if you see me, I'm on @Wraithwing :)

Welcome aboard, Wraithwing. Nice idea with the robot cowboy. Snake Gulch inspired me in beta to create a robo-gunslinger from there who became self-aware, called her Cat 5 Ballou. *g*